UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crm

Re: UC Davis

Postby crm » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:19 pm

J Burrito wrote:
orko60 wrote:Wow! Just changed from "Awaiting Evaluation" to "Evaluation in Progress!" They had better step it up. I'm about to write a check somewhere else...

Maybe they made a bunch of decisions today and now have time for the next batch of apps!

Omgomgomg

Considering I don't think they made any last week because of Spring Break, I would assume (hopefully) that more will be handed out today.

I've been eval in progress since January...

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 pm

angela wrote:
Neelio wrote:
calgal17 wrote:The website says final financial aid notices should be up on their myadmissions site today. Mine is still blank. Anyone have any luck?

I emailed the financial aid office last week, and they said our full package for financial aid will be on the web April 7.

Did they mean that all of the admits' financial aid would be posted by the 7th, or that they would just start posting starting on the 7th?

Just checked, and mine is posted. Total Cost of Attendance for me is $58,305.00, though my living expenses are probably higher (I'm married). They have my living expenses at around $14k.

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Inygma wrote:
angela wrote:
Neelio wrote:
calgal17 wrote:The website says final financial aid notices should be up on their myadmissions site today. Mine is still blank. Anyone have any luck?

I emailed the financial aid office last week, and they said our full package for financial aid will be on the web April 7.

Did they mean that all of the admits' financial aid would be posted by the 7th, or that they would just start posting starting on the 7th?

Just checked, and mine is posted. Total Cost of Attendance for me is $58,305.00, though my living expenses are probably higher (I'm married). They have my living expenses at around $14k.

What area does it display on the page? Is it really obvious? Mine seems to have nothing.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:34 pm

calgal17 wrote:What area does it display on the page? Is it really obvious? Mine seems to have nothing.

You have to click Financial Aid under Prospective Students -> My Awards.

You need to create a user id/password (I'm a bit cloudy, I did this a while ago).

After you log-in they ask for your Student ID, if you sign into Admitted Students and click response form, it says your ID in red. Enter that and your birthday, click graduate fall 2010, and it should show you if it is up.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Inygma wrote:
angela wrote:
Neelio wrote:

I should clarify, actual "fees" are around $41k and additionally $1k for books. The rest was living/transportation.

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Inygma wrote:
calgal17 wrote:What area does it display on the page? Is it really obvious? Mine seems to have nothing.

You need to create a user id/password (I'm a bit cloudy, I did this a while ago).

After you log-in they ask for your Student ID, if you sign into Admitted Students and click response form, it says your ID in red. Enter that and your birthday, click graduate fall 2010, and it should show you if it is up.

Booo it says mine isn't complete yet. What's up with that?

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:07 pm

calgal17 wrote:
Inygma wrote:

Booo it says mine isn't complete yet. What's up with that?

Ya, some people in the Davis group don't have their aid posted yet either. Actually, I am the only one that I know who has access to their aid so far haha. Davis keeps getting nicer to me! <3 Davis.

But anyone interested should check just in case their aid is posted.

scolinos

Postby scolinos » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Can I rule out Davis?

I'm below 25% for GPA, and have the median LSAT...but...I have been in evaluation since mid-January. Are they seriously sitting on my app, or are they just waiting to send out rejects?

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Inygma wrote:
Ya, some people in the Davis group don't have their aid posted yet either. Actually, I am the only one that I know who has access to their aid so far haha. Davis keeps getting nicer to me! <3 Davis.

I also had access to mine, but all it gave me was a bunch of loan combos. Hastings gave me a 10k grant and Davis says "good luck with the loans!"

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:17 pm

gobears09 wrote:
Inygma wrote:

I also had access to mine, but all it gave me was a bunch of loan combos. Hastings gave me a 10k grant and Davis says "good luck with the loans!"

Really? I received around 10k from Hastings, and SUBSTANTIALLY more need-based grants (and some merit aid) from Davis. My need-based came from 3 sources (UC grant, Law School Grant, State UC Grant).

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:18 pm

scolinos wrote:Can I rule out Davis?

I'm below 25% for GPA, and have the median LSAT...but...I have been in evaluation since mid-January. Are they seriously sitting on my app, or are they just waiting to send out rejects?

I wouldn't rule it out, but I'd say your chance is low (assuming non-urm). You paid the app fee, so stick it out, you never know! Best of luck!

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:18 pm

I wouldn't rule it out yet, though being below the 25% in one category makes your prospects more difficult in a competitive application cycle.

In years past, there have been plenty of admits into April: http://davis.lawschoolnumbers.com/appli ... order=desc
Last edited by missinglink on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Inygma wrote:

I wouldn't rule it out, but I'd say your chance is low (assuming non-urm). You paid the app fee, so stick it out, you never know! Best of luck!

i want to go to davis guys.... stupid waitlist... i'll send a LOCI at the end of april since april 15th is the deposit deadline right? that way i can send one in when they're actually looking at waitlists...

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Inygma wrote:Ya, some people in the Davis group don't have their aid posted yet either. Actually, I am the only one that I know who has access to their aid so far haha. Davis keeps getting nicer to me! <3 Davis.

Just pulled mine up.

Holy Smokes: $12K grant. ... That more or less makes me in-state. Very nice. But ...

Holy Smokes Part II--Return of the I-Can't-Believe-It: $55K total cost in loans/EFC for next year.

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Inygma wrote:
gobears09 wrote:
Inygma wrote:

Really? I received around 10k from Hastings, and SUBSTANTIALLY more need-based grants (and some merit aid) from Davis. My need-based came from 3 sources (UC grant, lawl skool Grant, State UC Grant).

My parents would not disclose their finances for the Need Access form. However, I submitted it anyway as Hastings told me I should. I think that precludes me from Davis aid.

scolinos

Postby scolinos » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:24 pm

missinglink wrote:

I wouldn't rule it out yet.

In years past, there have been plenty of admits into April: http://davis.lawschoolnumbers.com/appli ... order=desc

Thanks for the reply. I went through my emails today and realized I missed the cutoff date for some type of specific aid application. Does this mean that if I get in I'd have to fund it with all private loans?

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:33 pm

gobears09 wrote:
Inygma wrote:
gobears09 wrote:
Inygma wrote:

Really? I received around 10k from Hastings, and SUBSTANTIALLY more need-based grants (and some merit aid) from Davis. My need-based came from 3 sources (UC grant, lawl skool Grant, State UC Grant).

My parents would not disclose their finances for the Need Access form. However, I submitted it anyway as Hastings told me I should. I think that precludes me from Davis aid.

Not fully true. I did not disclose my parents income, but I have a legal dependant.

This is taken from UC Davis Law website regarding reporting parents income...

"You are not required to provide parent income on the Need Access application if you meet one of the following criteria:

Natural parents are deceased;
Student is 30 years of age or older by December 31, 2010
Student is a veteran;
Student has legal dependants. "

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:34 pm

ozarkhack wrote:
Inygma wrote:Ya, some people in the Davis group don't have their aid posted yet either. Actually, I am the only one that I know who has access to their aid so far haha. Davis keeps getting nicer to me! <3 Davis.

Just pulled mine up.

Holy Smokes: $12K grant. ... That more or less makes me in-state. Very nice. But ...

Holy Smokes Part II--Return of the I-Can't-Believe-It: $55K total cost in loans/EFC for next year.

Just imagine the cost of Hastings (CoL) and a large commute time! I think it is time for you to join the Facebook group :lol:

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:35 pm

scolinos wrote:
missinglink wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I went through my emails today and realized I missed the cutoff date for some type of specific aid application. Does this mean that if I get in I'd have to fund it with all private loans?

Yikes, it is not good that you missed the deadline. I'd call financial aid ASAP and see if there is anything you can do, or what it means for you since you missed the deadline.

scolinos

Postby scolinos » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Inygma wrote:
scolinos wrote:
missinglink wrote:

Yikes, it is not good that you missed the deadline. I'd call financial aid ASAP and see if there is anything you can do, or what it means for you since you missed the deadline.

What was that aid form called?

Unfortunately that email got spam foldered..didn't see it until it was way too late.

hbcobra

Postby hbcobra » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:48 pm

My UC Davis status has said "Evaluation in Progress" for months now. I just got my letter from Hastings last week.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:01 pm

scolinos wrote:
Inygma wrote:
scolinos wrote:
missinglink wrote:I wouldn't rule it out yet.

What was that aid form called?

Unfortunately that email got spam foldered..didn't see it until it was way too late.

FAFSA and Need-Based, you can read more about it here:
https://www.law.ucdavis.edu/prospective ... index.html

scolinos

Postby scolinos » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:07 pm

thanks, my FAFSA was done a long while back. I'm missing the need based. I'm crafting an email asap

katalatriste

Postby katalatriste » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:27 pm

i got my financial aid report today too. 12k in grants. more than i expected! not guaranteed for next year im assuming...

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:27 pm

When I go to the 2009/2010-Summer 2009 through Fall 2010 page, it says my FAFSA is missing, but I submitted that in February. When I try the 2010/2011 Summer 2010 through Fall 2011 page, it says "your financial aid packaging is not yet complete." I called and the lady said they just haven't uploaded all of the packages into the system yet--to try back tomorrow. But I'm still concerned about my FAFSA. Anyone else have this problem? Or do they just upload the FAFSA and awards on the same day?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”