UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jen_said

Re: UC Davis

Postby jen_said » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:33 pm

161 / 3.55 ......... I'm guessing for waitlist, right? I just want to know NOW. Davis is my top choice - I would even take it at sticker.

boardride23

Postby boardride23 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:42 pm

jen_said wrote:161 / 3.55 ......... I'm guessing for waitlist, right? I just want to know NOW. Davis is my top choice - I would even take it at sticker.

I'm on the same boat (161, 3.65)... good luck! :D

A friend of mine was accepted this cycle with a sub 160 LSAT and sub 3.5 GPA (part minority), so you never know!
Not to mention, with the scores of these admitted students (many T-14 worthy) and these ridiculous tuition hikes due to budget cuts, I wouldn't be surprised to an abnormally large number of withdrawals within the next month, making the "waitlist" not such a bad outcome.
Last edited by boardride23 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Inygma wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:Since I don't expect any movement in my status (Awaiting Evaluation) by the date of the first deposit deadline, is it safe to say I will be rejected? (Since I'm a splitter with a horrible LSAT and there will be little to no seats left anyway)

And if I were miraculously accepted after the deadline, how would it work? Do I just send in the deposit as soon as possible?

I believe Davis gives people 2 weeks to accept admission if accepted after the deadline.

Sounds good. Thanks! Now if they would only change my status...........

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Inygma wrote:Congrats, was it through the status checker or snail mail?

It was through the status checker.

jen_said wrote:Congrats! What were your numbers? When did you apply?

My stats are in profile, 3.0, 172. I applied Either October 31st or November 1st. I dont remember

yetemlion

Postby yetemlion » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:00 pm

in :)

crm

Postby crm » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:01 pm

yetemlion wrote:in :)

Congrats.

still eval in progress...over two months now.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:03 pm

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davis is definately a #1 contender, good chance I will be there next fall!

adonai

Postby adonai » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:03 pm

And another week goes by.
Inygma wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, Inygma!! Finally, one of the thread's patient warriors gets some good news :]

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 pm

in!

whoa. this probably does it for me.

yo!

Postby yo! » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:23 pm

ozarkhack wrote:in!

Awesome hack! When did you apply?

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:33 pm

congrats dude!

jahallc

Postby jahallc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Congrats to you all that just got accepted! Hope to see you all there in the fall!

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Congrats to all those accepted!

No movement here, but I'm only at a week under evaluation, so my wait doesn't really compare to some of yours. Going by Inygma's timeline, I should hear back by August. :D

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:07 pm

yo! wrote:
ozarkhack wrote:in!

Awesome hack! When did you apply?

Thanks, I still can't believe it. About the only thing that would bar my matriculation would be 1) a Hastings call off the WL ... but even that might not be enough and 2) Hell freezes over and Vandy both WLs me and calls me.

My app timing was kind of irregular: Applied 10/17. Then decided on last-minute LSAT re-take and asked for hold pending December results. I can't remember when I re-went complete, but they had my app, ps, etc. by 11/9. They got my 2nd LSAT first week or so of January.

After I got my re-take score back (160->161 ... shit) I was kicking myself for delaying everything. Maybe it worked after all?

angela

Postby angela » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 am

does anybody know if the tuition has been finalized?

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:38 am

angela wrote:does anybody know if the tuition has been finalized?

I presume this is final. ... OOS price tag is something like $48,000. Not counting COL.

That's a hard gulp. But ... for me, I can't see walking away, even at sticker.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:42 am

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I am SO HAPPY!!!!! :D

jahallc

Postby jahallc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:05 am

Veritas, which schools are you learning towards now?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:15 am

jahallc wrote:Veritas, which schools are you learning towards now?

all of them :lol: I'm taking my sweet time. I have a couple visits next week that I'm hoping will clarify some things for me.

hhg

Postby hhg » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:17 am

in! 168/3.4x.

angela

Postby angela » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:25 am

ozarkhack wrote:
angela wrote:does anybody know if the tuition has been finalized?

I presume this is final. ... OOS price tag is something like $48,000. Not counting COL.

That's a hard gulp. But ... for me, I can't see walking away, even at sticker.

Thanks!

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Email today requesting my fall grades. Anyone else?

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Question: As I said, UC Davis requested my fall grades today. The problem is that I have an incomplete on my transcript from fall quarter.

It's sort of a complicated situation because the incomplete is for my senior project. My professor granted me an extension to finish the project and gave me an "I" instead of a grade. Normally, senior projects are done over 2 quarters so it's not an unusual occurrence. I considered just turning in what I have written so far for a grade but it would still take weeks to process, so that's out of the question.

Do you think this incomplete will hurt me? I plan to write an addendum explaining all of it in detail and maybe having my prof write something up. Once the 'I' changes to a grade I'll quickly send them another updated transcript if I still haven't heard anything.

What do you guys think? I really want to go to Davis and I take this as a good sign that they're strongly considering me.

Thanks!

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:30 pm

J Burrito wrote:Question: As I said, UC Davis requested my fall grades today. The problem is that I have an incomplete on my transcript from fall quarter.

It's sort of a complicated situation because the incomplete is for my senior project. My professor granted me an extension to finish the project and gave me an "I" instead of a grade. Normally, senior projects are done over 2 quarters so it's not an unusual occurrence. I considered just turning in what I have written so far for a grade but it would still take weeks to process, so that's out of the question.

Do you think this incomplete will hurt me? I plan to write an addendum explaining all of it in detail and maybe having my prof write something up. Once the 'I' changes to a grade I'll quickly send them another updated transcript if I still haven't heard anything.

What do you guys think? I really want to go to Davis and I take this as a good sign that they're strongly considering me.

Thanks!

I can't see it as hurting you, as long as the other grades are solid. One more grade out of many is unlikely to seriously deviate from your average at this point. So, they ought to be able to judge your transcript as is.

It's probably more that they want the file to be 'complete', so to speak.

Did you receive the email on Saturday? I'm wondering if they work on the weekends, which means I ought to be checking the status checker on weekends now. :D

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:36 pm

missinglink wrote:
J Burrito wrote:Question: As I said, UC Davis requested my fall grades today. The problem is that I have an incomplete on my transcript from fall quarter.

Thanks!

I can't see it as hurting you, as long as the other grades are solid. One more grade out of many is unlikely to seriously deviate from your average at this point. So, they ought to be able to judge your transcript as is.

It's probably more that they want the file to be 'complete', so to speak.

Did you receive the email on Saturday? I'm wondering if they work on the weekends, which means I ought to be checking the status checker on weekends now. :D

Awesome, that makes me feel a little better. The other grades are solid, they even gave my GPA a tiny boost.

I did receive the email on a Saturday! It was from the Associate Director of Admissions and Outreach as well. Maybe they're trying to get caught up with seat deposit deadlines approaching. We can only hope...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”