UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hellolen

Re: UC Davis

Postby hellolen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:24 pm

J Burrito wrote:
hellolen wrote:waitlisted... but with my scores, i was LUCKY to even get waitlisted. By the little envelope I thought for sure i was rejected

but question:
when you're waitlisted they ask you to fill out a response form within two weeks, and i've done that to request to stay on the waitlist, but i did not get a confirmation as to if they've received my response- do you get one? i dont want to look like an idiot filling in that response form over and over again

When did you get the WL in the mail?

I got my waitlisted letter on Monday, March 15

hellolen

Postby hellolen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:26 pm

boardride23 wrote:
hellolen wrote:waitlisted... but with my scores, i was LUCKY to even get waitlisted. By the little envelope I thought for sure i was rejected

but question:
when you're waitlisted they ask you to fill out a response form within two weeks, and i've done that to request to stay on the waitlist, but i did not get a confirmation as to if they've received my response- do you get one? i dont want to look like an idiot filling in that response form over and over again

scores please?

152/3.52
I know, id be lucky to even get slightly considered

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:33 pm

hellolen wrote:
boardride23 wrote:

but question:

scores please?

152/3.52

Congrats!

I got WL'd at Hastings, and although it's always a letdown to know you have more waiting to know your fate (and we no longer have the statistics to rely upon for normal admit/reject), it's certainly a good feeling to get an outcome other than what you expect.

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
hellolen wrote:
boardride23 wrote:

but question:

scores please?

152/3.52

Congrats!

I got WL'd at Hastings, and although it's always a letdown to know you have more waiting to know your fate (and we no longer have the statistics to rely upon for normal admit/reject), it's certainly a good feeling to get an outcome other than what you expect.

Was your status checker updated when you were waitlisted?

crm

Postby crm » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Still Eval in Prog.

im just about over it

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Nada.

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:02 pm

crm wrote:Still Eval in Prog.

im just about over it

+1,000,000,000,000,000

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:04 pm

im just about over it

+1

I die a little inside every day. That and it's getting to the point where I need to start making plans / making deposits.

Yeah, I knew what I was getting into with Davis, from years past. But it's still tough.

adonai

Postby adonai » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 pm

missinglink wrote:

im just about over it

+1

I die a little inside every day. That and it's getting to the point where I need to start making plans / making deposits.

Yeah, I knew what I was getting into with Davis, from years past. But it's still tough.

April 15th is the deposit deadline, I believe. We will know by then (or a few weeks later depending on how long it takes them to sort out the number of people who put in deposits and then figure out how many spots are left from there and who gets them). Hmm...on second thought, maybe it won't be by then. Maybe July when LSAC releases the info of the bastards who put down multiple deposits.

jrb211

Postby jrb211 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:16 pm

I've been dying a little inside every day since my waitlist notification. Damn you Davis! Don't you know you were my number 1??!!

primusux

Postby primusux » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Still awaiting eval....LSP puts me as an ADMIT but I have to assume that's not the case anymore given the date. Such a bummer since it's a school I was really interested in.

orko60

Postby orko60 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:19 pm

missinglink wrote:

im just about over it

+1

+1 more. What's with these people?

yo!

Postby yo! » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:34 pm

This whole thing is completely exhausting. I'm so tired of checking this thing every day, but I can't stop myself. I honestly hope that I either get admitted/rejected, because a waitlist would prolong this annoyance. Come on Davis, lets get something done!

crm

Postby crm » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:35 pm

wow, it looks like no one got anything today..well on LSN they were rejections, so maybe it's good we didn't hear?

adonai

Postby adonai » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:42 pm

crm wrote:wow, it looks like no one got anything today..well on LSN they were rejections, so maybe it's good we didn't hear?

I'll be the downer here and say it is because they haven't gotten to our apps yet.

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:49 am

i got accepted today. I don't think Davis is doing it accept/reject batches like the other schools.

SkyRiver

Postby SkyRiver » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:50 am

LvingLegend wrote:i got accepted today. I don't think Davis is doing it accept/reject batches like the other schools.

Congrats! I guess Davis must be trying to go for a high LSAT grab this year. I got accepted a few weeks ago with a slightly lower GPA and slightly higher LSAT. I find it interesting that although Davis deliberates for so long on applications, they've pulled the trigger on splitters relatively early...

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:31 am

Im happy a school in California is finally showing some love to splitters after being rejected by UCLA, USC, and UC Hastings.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:00 pm

LvingLegend wrote:i got accepted today. I don't think Davis is doing it accept/reject batches like the other schools.

Congrats, was it through the status checker or snail mail?

jen_said

Postby jen_said » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Congrats! What were your numbers? When did you apply?

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Since I don't expect any movement in my status (Awaiting Evaluation) by the date of the first deposit deadline, is it safe to say I will be rejected? (Since I'm a splitter with a horrible LSAT and there will be little to no seats left anyway)

And if I were miraculously accepted after the deadline, how would it work? Do I just send in the deposit as soon as possible?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:20 pm

NervousInKC wrote:Since I don't expect any movement in my status (Awaiting Evaluation) by the date of the first deposit deadline, is it safe to say I will be rejected? (Since I'm a splitter with a horrible LSAT and there will be little to no seats left anyway)

And if I were miraculously accepted after the deadline, how would it work? Do I just send in the deposit as soon as possible?

it'll specify when your deadline is on the letter. splitter with horrible LSAT? you mean you're a reverse splitter with high GPA and low LSAT?

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:27 pm

finalaspects wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:Since I don't expect any movement in my status (Awaiting Evaluation) by the date of the first deposit deadline, is it safe to say I will be rejected? (Since I'm a splitter with a horrible LSAT and there will be little to no seats left anyway)

it'll specify when your deadline is on the letter. splitter with horrible LSAT? you mean you're a reverse splitter with high GPA and low LSAT?

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry I didn't clarify. And thanks for your help :)

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:28 pm

NervousInKC wrote:Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry I didn't clarify. And thanks for your help :)

CA schools love GPA so you might have a better chance then regular splitters. I got waitlisted and im a splitter.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:29 pm

I believe Davis gives people 2 weeks to accept admission if accepted after the deadline.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”