UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Inygma

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:44 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
Inygma wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
Inygma wrote:Going Eval in progress in November and not hearing anything yet. I think it is safe to say someone doesn't like my App in Committee. It is especially disheartening when some people applied in Jan/Feb and have already been accepted.

They say that they begin looking at apps in January, and that they pick them randomly...

Yet I know someone accepted in December! Those tricksters.

Ha ha. Okay, I concede the first part, but holding firm on the second (with limited credibility).

I would like to believe it, but can't imagine a school not at least sorting it a bit by scores. Hence the high numbers seem to get accepted first and so on. If not, they would be making decisions on people without the ability to compare them with the rest of the applicant pool, which I doubt they'd do.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Inygma wrote:Going Eval in progress in November and not hearing anything yet. I think it is safe to say someone doesn't like my App in Committee. It is especially disheartening when some people applied in Jan/Feb and have already been accepted.

On the other hand, there was also something in your app that prevented them from outright waitlisting or dinging you, so you're still in serious contention.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 pm

missinglink wrote:

On the other hand, there was also something in your app that prevented them from outright waitlisting or dinging you, so you're still in serious contention.

How dare you show optimism! Haha, that is true though, 55 mins till I hopefully get accepted!

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:03 pm

Not today, it seems.

Current Status: Evaluation in Progress

adonai

Postby adonai » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:17 pm

missinglink wrote:

But then again, according to LSN only about 4-5 have been outright rejected. That says something.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 pm

adonai wrote:
missinglink wrote:

But then again, according to LSN only about 4-5 have been outright rejected. That says something.

Well, in the closed-world universe of LSN (setting aside for now whether that site does or does not reflect reality), it appears that the vast majority of those who have already been accepted at UCD are either 165+ on the LSAT, or maybe 3.9+ on GPA (or both), oh and there's a handful of URM admits with lesser numbers. (160, 3.4, e.g.)
That, along with adonai's observation about the 4 rejections, tells me that those admitted have been close to or well inside of the auto-admit pile... or something like that. What that says about the rest of the tons of 'pendings' I have no idea, except that their numbers vary greatly.
The Take-Away, inygma? You have good reason not to be distressed. But, I never need a reason to be distressed, so who am I to talk. :roll:

adonai

Postby adonai » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
adonai wrote:
missinglink wrote:

Well, in the closed-world universe of LSN (setting aside for now whether that site does or does not reflect reality), it appears that the vast majority of those who have already been accepted at UCD are either 165+ on the LSAT, or maybe 3.9+ on GPA (or both), oh and there's a handful of URM admits with lesser numbers. (160, 3.4, e.g.)
That, along with adonai's observation about the 4 rejections, tells me that those admitted have been close to or well inside of the auto-admit pile... or something like that. What that says about the rest of the tons of 'pendings' I have no idea, except that their numbers vary greatly.
The Take-Away, inygma? You have good reason not to be distressed. But, I never need a reason to be distressed, so who am I to talk. :roll:

Those 4 rejections means that Davis has not gotten into the business of rejecting people yet. Whether that be because they haven't reviewed our applications yet or are seriously considering what to do with us, I am not exactly sure. Thus, insecurity and good reason to be distressed. We don't know what's going on over there. I for one tend to believe the former. Like someone said before, if the app review process was really as "random" as they proclaim, we would have a mix of lower numbers and median numbers getting decisions by now. But as you see, it is all auto-admit numbers. Not fair! There is no social justice at QUEEN HALL!

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:22 pm

[/quote]
Those 4 rejections means that Davis has not gotten into the business of rejecting people yet. Whether that be because they haven't reviewed our applications yet or are seriously considering what to do with us, I am not exactly sure. Thus, insecurity and good reason to be distressed. We don't know what's going on over there. I for one tend to believe the former. Like someone said before, if the app review process was really as "random" as they proclaim, we would have a mix of lower numbers and median numbers getting decisions by now. But as you see, it is all auto-admit numbers. Not fair! There is no social justice at QUEEN HALL![/quote]

fair point. But they can't have given out ALL their admits yet. My optimism is trying so, so hard.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Dear Davis,

I suggested earlier in this thread that you perform the anatomically impossible feat of attempted self-copulation. I apologize. You understand, I'm sure, that I'm just really stressed out.

Well, anyway. You mean a lot to me. And, yeah, I know I've been drinking tonight ... and I know I've not been myself lately. ... But, shhh-shhh. Listen. What I'm trying to say is that I really care about you. Sorry I used such crass language earlier. It wasn't right. Not to a fine school like yourself. And, you know what, you do deserve better. You deserve a man who brings you flowers and cooks you a nice dinner from time to time... You deserve a man who can easily score at 165+. ... The first time.

Anyway, what I've been meaning to say is that ... well Hastings just isn't what I thought. I know. I know. You were right. I mean, I know you didn't say anything about Hastings. But I could tell what you were thinking: "Hastings is no good for you," you said; "you think you want Hastings," you said, "but you'll come crawling back, and when you do, nuh-uh."

I was blinded, Davis. I was blinded by the prospect of the ... well ... I guess the Tenderloin and the exorbitant COA. I don't know. Actually. Maybe it was Golden Gate Park. Baker Beach. I mean. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in my backyard? Please, Davis. You've got bike paths, sure. But you can't compete with HSB X.

Anyway ... what? Yes. OK. OK. Yes. Hastings told me today not to come around anymore. That she needs some time. Maybe till May. Maybe July. Maybe never, I don't know. ... I know. I know. It sounds like I'm just crawling back to you now that my heart's been broken.

Well ... OK. It's true. But, Davis ... you know you're the law school for me. Let's quit playing games, Davis. You know I'm yours.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:00 am

ozarkhack wrote:I was blinded, Davis. I was blinded by the prospect of the ... well ... I guess the Tenderloin and the exorbitant COA. I don't know. Actually. Maybe it was Golden Gate Park. Baker Beach. I mean. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in my backyard? Please, Davis.

Don't forget Bay to Breakers!

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:09 am

quickquestionthanks wrote:
ozarkhack wrote:I was blinded, Davis. I was blinded by the prospect of the ... well ... I guess the Tenderloin and the exorbitant COA. I don't know. Actually. Maybe it was Golden Gate Park. Baker Beach. I mean. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in my backyard? Please, Davis.

Aw, man. Never heard of it. Just looked it up. Think I could do it as part of in-person LOCI? I love to run and have zero aversion to public nudity.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:05 am

ozarkhack wrote:

Aw, man. Never heard of it. Just looked it up. Think I could do it as part of in-person LOCI? I love to run and have zero aversion to public nudity.

Not the worst idea I've ever heard...

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:13 am

ozarkhack wrote:

Not the worst idea I've ever heard...

If you are into public nudity then B2B is the place for you my friend! 8)

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Nothing new here. Maybe tomorrow

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Inygma wrote:Nothing new here. Maybe tomorrow

I have a good feeling about tomorrow.

adonai

Postby adonai » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:24 pm

missinglink wrote:
Inygma wrote:Nothing new here. Maybe tomorrow

I have a good feeling about tomorrow.

Thursdays are usually the decision-wave days.

primusux

Postby primusux » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:25 pm

le sigh....still awaiting review.

hellolen

Postby hellolen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:07 pm

waitlisted... but with my scores, i was LUCKY to even get waitlisted. By the little envelope I thought for sure i was rejected

but question:
when you're waitlisted they ask you to fill out a response form within two weeks, and i've done that to request to stay on the waitlist, but i did not get a confirmation as to if they've received my response- do you get one? i dont want to look like an idiot filling in that response form over and over again

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:27 pm

primusux wrote:le sigh....still awaiting review.

Me too...

yo!

Postby yo! » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Lots of withdrawls are showing up on LSN. Keep it up auto-admits! Make room for me!

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:35 pm

hellolen wrote:waitlisted... but with my scores, i was LUCKY to even get waitlisted. By the little envelope I thought for sure i was rejected

but question:
when you're waitlisted they ask you to fill out a response form within two weeks, and i've done that to request to stay on the waitlist, but i did not get a confirmation as to if they've received my response- do you get one? i dont want to look like an idiot filling in that response form over and over again

When did you get the WL in the mail?

boardride23

Postby boardride23 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:22 pm

hellolen wrote:waitlisted... but with my scores, i was LUCKY to even get waitlisted. By the little envelope I thought for sure i was rejected

but question:

scores please?

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:36 pm

ozarkhack wrote:Aw, man. Never heard of it. Just looked it up. Think I could do it as part of in-person LOCI? I love to run and have zero aversion to public nudity.

If you're into the public nudity piece, you're likely not going to be running much in B2B. It's much more likely that you'll be wearing some sort of costume, pushing a shopping cart with a keg in it.

Also don't forget things like Love Fest (even if you're not into electronic music, still a blast), Santacon (aka Santarchy), Outside Lands, and many, many other events that would be difficult to remember if not for the embarrassing, and sometimes legally incriminating, facebook pictures that emerge a few days later.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:57 pm

If you like cycling (or touring biking), there's all of Marin County, plus over by Point Reyes, Muir Woods area, plus in the East Bay great rides up and over the Oakland Hills, etc etc etc. Davis is flat + I live here + I like cycling = I miss hills. ) :

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:58 pm

tommytahoe wrote:If you like cycling (or touring biking), there's all of Marin County, plus over by Point Reyes, Muir Woods area, plus in the East Bay great rides up and over the Oakland Hills, etc etc etc. Davis is flat + I live here + I like cycling = I miss hills. ) :

You could do all of this nude as well, I imagine, but parts of you may not forgive you for it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”