UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yo!

Re: UC Davis

Postby yo! » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by yo! on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

cLams

Postby cLams » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:08 pm

STILL awaiting evaluation. :x

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Nothing here either, that could be good (meaning if no one heard, no one ELSE got accepted, taking our spots =p )

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:52 pm

Inygma wrote:Nothing here either, that could be good (meaning if no one heard, no one ELSE got accepted, taking our spots =p )

nothing here either, and yea it could be a good thing. lets keep our fingers crossed guys :)

Cale39

Postby Cale39 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Haven't heard anything either, sheeet

azgirl22

Postby azgirl22 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:23 am

I have been complete since 12/22 and "Awaiting Evaluation" since then. Should I email the admissions office to make sure they haven't forgotten about me!!?? I don't want to be a pest...

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:34 am

The weird thing: I'm going through a similar wait w/Hastings. But since Hastings has no status checker, I don't get as stupidly angry at them as I do with Davis.

Cale39

Postby Cale39 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:35 am

Yeah hastings is really killing me right now

lawlife2010

Postby lawlife2010 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 am

Yeah I don't even bothger checking anymore

JDO

Postby JDO » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:59 am

I just want to get the ordering correct:

1) Application Received- Processing in Progress
2) Application Complete- Awaiting Evaluation
3) Evaluation in Progress
4) ...You Are Accepted, Thank You for Waiting (Decision Mailed).

Do not become concerned... there is no need to panic.

adonai

Postby adonai » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:24 am

JDO wrote:I just want to get the ordering correct:

4) ...You Are Accepted, Thank You for Waiting (Decision Mailed).

Do not become concerned... there is no need to panic.

No.

milenchik

Postby milenchik » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:28 am

Hey guys!

I really need some help, some advice.

I got into UC Davis and I also got into Southwestern (with 20k scholarship renewable). I am sure I will get the same amount of grant aid if I go to Davis. I live in LA so I would have to move to Davis if I decide to go there. I plan on practicing law in LA area. what would you guys do? Would you go to Davis and have a little more debt after graduation (because of housing fees) or go to Southwestern and have less loans.
I really need some good advice.

Is UC Davis' prestige compared to Southwestern really worth for me to move all the way to Davis and have more loans although I will come back to LA after graduation? I would love to know which school will ensure that I will be able to get a nice job after graduation.

Thanks

JDO

Postby JDO » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:29 am

Really though, is it along these lines, am I missing anything:

4) Decision Mailed- Link Provided

adonai

Postby adonai » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:33 am

JDO wrote:Really though, is it along these lines, am I missing anything:

Yeah, that is correct. Just had to disagree with the concerned and panic part

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:41 am

milenchik wrote:Hey guys!

I got into UC Davis and I also got into Southwestern (with 20k scholarship renewable). I am sure I will get the same amount of grant aid if I go to Davis. I live in LA so I would have to move to Davis if I decide to go there. I plan on practicing law in LA area. what would you guys do? Would you go to Davis and have a little more debt after graduation (because of housing fees) or go to Southwestern and have less loans.

Is UC Davis' prestige compared to Southwestern really worth for me to move all the way to Davis and have more loans although I will come back to LA after graduation? I would love to know which school will ensure that I will be able to get a nice job after graduation.

Thanks

Ick. Davis is terrible. Horrible for you. Bad fit. Don't go. Withdraw immediately.

I assume everyone else on this thread (especially the folks who light it up after 6:00:25pm every night) would give you the same advice.

Sigh. More seriously: It probably is worth it, certainly so if you want to work in BigLaw. If you're not, and if you're really really worried about debt (Davis is supposedly stingy with 1L merit-based $), Southwestern MIGHT be the better call.

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 am

I have been in Stage 2 now it seems like FOREVER. There is no way they'll have a decision before April. *sighs*

azgirl22

Postby azgirl22 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:24 pm

hellokitty wrote:

I have been in Stage 2 now it seems like FOREVER. There is no way they'll have a decision before April. *sighs*

+1. Looks like I'll be eating a deposit if I get in. Well worth it.

foxyeconomist

Postby foxyeconomist » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks

Maybe you could ask Davis to put you in touch with an alum working in Southern California. You ask them about how easy/hard it was to make the most of your degree there. And if they are from LA, they can also tell you what they liked/didn't like about studying in Davis.

yo!

Postby yo! » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:08 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:

Thanks

Maybe you could ask Davis to put you in touch with an alum working in Southern California. You ask them about how easy/hard it was to make the most of your degree there. And if they are from LA, they can also tell you what they liked/didn't like about studying in Davis.

IMO Davis>SW in any market, including LA. HTH

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:36 pm

yo! wrote:
foxyeconomist wrote:

Thanks

IMO Davis>SW in any market, including LA. HTH

+1

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Inygma wrote:Nothing here either, that could be good (meaning if no one heard, no one ELSE got accepted, taking our spots =p )

I haven't heard anything either, but I got sick of waiting so I pulled my application last night.

Good luck folks :D

Cale39

Postby Cale39 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:34 pm

prolyphek wrote:

I haven't heard anything either, but I got sick of waiting so I pulled my application last night.

Where will you be attending?

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Cale39 wrote:
prolyphek wrote:

Where will you be attending?

In the air Boston, WULS, or USC (more than likely USC if they match my scholarships)

adonai

Postby adonai » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:41 pm

20 minutes left.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Aw, you just beat me to it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”