UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:11 am

Davis seems to accept a few people in Dec, most of which appear to be very high numbers (for bot LSAT and GPA)

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby adonai » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:23 am

Veritas wrote:Davis seems to accept a few people in Dec, most of which appear to be very high numbers (for bot LSAT and GPA)
hhg wrote:
adonai wrote:
hhg wrote:under review as of late this evening. application sent 6 nov & 24 nov. excited for some movement... haven't had much from any of my schools in a while.

Can you give #s please?


168 / mid-3 gpa

This. Expect a decision in the coming few weeks and expect it to be a positive one. Hate this whole indexing thing, but good luck to all under review.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:12 pm

swheat wrote:
Inygma wrote:I hope Davis starts accepting soon, the last few years were horrible. Some auto-admits didn't get in till March or later.


relax buddy...you are a definite in. Davis is SLOOOOWW

(as long as you didn't write your PS about FOB parents or your Fratboy Slip-n-slide Defense)


FML

boomshokalocka
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby boomshokalocka » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:36 pm

Should I be getting worried that I'm still Complete - Awaiting Evaluation? I submitted and went complete in late October and from the looks of this thread, it seems that several applicants who went complete just a week or two ago are already under evaluation...

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby adonai » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:47 pm

boomshokalocka wrote:Should I be getting worried that I'm still Complete - Awaiting Evaluation? I submitted and went complete in late October and from the looks of this thread, it seems that several applicants who went complete just a week or two ago are already under evaluation...

It just may mean you're not an auto-admit. Adcomms organize everything by their index formula...so the higher grades/LSAT applicants go first no matter how much later they went complete. They do this so they can attract their targeted scores as soon as possible.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby NayBoer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm also still only awaiting evaluation. Been complete several weeks.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:41 pm

On Davis' site it says some decisions will be made in December, with the majority made between Jan-Apr.

Lets hope that the applicants that are "Under Evaluation" are decided in December! =)

But, also on the site it says that "application files are read in random order," but maybe that just means when they sort by index, take 100 applications from the top, then read randomly, it would still mean that the top batch is auto-admit.

Governor
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:00 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby Governor » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:20 pm

I'm a 2L at Davis. When I applied on Dec. 25, 2007 with 164/3.6, it took until April 2008 to get a decision from the admissions office. They are slower than Sarah Palin. This year, I don't think they've even started evaluating applications yet, while other schools have already issued early-admit decisions. This negatively affects Davis's yield -- qualified applicants accept offers elsewhere and withdraw, rather than waiting on Davis -- and it annoys me to no end. Many of my 2L friends as well as the current crop of 1Ls also had to wait till the spring to get a decision, regardless of LSAT and GPA.

Davis is slow. You'll have to be very, very patient. It's worth waiting for, though; I love it here.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:26 pm

Governor wrote:I'm a 2L at Davis. When I applied on Dec. 25, 2007 with 164/3.6, it took until April 2008 to get a decision from the admissions office. They are slower than Sarah Palin. This year, I don't think they've even started evaluating applications yet, while other schools have already issued early-admit decisions. This negatively affects Davis's yield -- qualified applicants accept offers elsewhere and withdraw, rather than waiting on Davis -- and it annoys me to no end. Many of my 2L friends as well as the current crop of 1Ls also had to wait till the spring to get a decision, regardless of LSAT and GPA.

Davis is slow. You'll have to be very, very patient. It's worth waiting for, though; I love it here.

hmm mine's been listed as "evaluation in process" for a while after being "evaluation pending (or whatever" - so I do think they are looking at apps.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 am

Veritas wrote:hmm mine's been listed as "evaluation in process" for a while after being "evaluation pending (or whatever" - so I do think they are looking at apps.


Hmm... I've been under awaiting evaluation since early november... that doesn't bode well for me... guess i shouldn't expect more with a 3.1 gpa... sigh

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am

Veritas wrote:
Governor wrote:I'm a 2L at Davis. When I applied on Dec. 25, 2007 with 164/3.6, it took until April 2008 to get a decision from the admissions office. They are slower than Sarah Palin. This year, I don't think they've even started evaluating applications yet, while other schools have already issued early-admit decisions. This negatively affects Davis's yield -- qualified applicants accept offers elsewhere and withdraw, rather than waiting on Davis -- and it annoys me to no end. Many of my 2L friends as well as the current crop of 1Ls also had to wait till the spring to get a decision, regardless of LSAT and GPA.

Davis is slow. You'll have to be very, very patient. It's worth waiting for, though; I love it here.

hmm mine's been listed as "evaluation in process" for a while after being "evaluation pending (or whatever" - so I do think they are looking at apps.


I agree, but I think they will only take care of auto-admit (congrats to you :) ) in December, then when they get the other 1/2 of applicants, after Dec LSAT, they start looking at everything in Jan-Apr

Eisaiahm
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby Eisaiahm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:37 am

Inygma wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Governor wrote:I'm a 2L at Davis. When I applied on Dec. 25, 2007 with 164/3.6, it took until April 2008 to get a decision from the admissions office. They are slower than Sarah Palin. This year, I don't think they've even started evaluating applications yet, while other schools have already issued early-admit decisions. This negatively affects Davis's yield -- qualified applicants accept offers elsewhere and withdraw, rather than waiting on Davis -- and it annoys me to no end. Many of my 2L friends as well as the current crop of 1Ls also had to wait till the spring to get a decision, regardless of LSAT and GPA.

Davis is slow. You'll have to be very, very patient. It's worth waiting for, though; I love it here.

hmm mine's been listed as "evaluation in process" for a while after being "evaluation pending (or whatever" - so I do think they are looking at apps.


I agree, but I think they will only take care of auto-admit (congrats to you :) ) in December, then when they get the other 1/2 of applicants, after Dec LSAT, they start looking at everything in Jan-Apr


I have also been under "Evaluation in Progress" for a couple weeks now. I am most definitely not an auto-admit. Auto-reject, maybe.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:38 am

Eisaiahm wrote:I have also been under "Evaluation in Progress" for a couple weeks now. I am most definitely not an auto-admit. Auto-reject, maybe.


What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? and are you sure its not awaiting evaluation as opposed to evaluation in progress?

Eisaiahm
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby Eisaiahm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:57 am

finalaspects wrote:
Eisaiahm wrote:I have also been under "Evaluation in Progress" for a couple weeks now. I am most definitely not an auto-admit. Auto-reject, maybe.


What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? and are you sure its not awaiting evaluation as opposed to evaluation in progress?


Yes. I am sure it is in progress. 161/3.27

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:05 am

Eisaiahm wrote:Yes. I am sure it is in progress. 161/3.27


I wish you the best of luck.

I just looked up Davis on LSN and its weird that they reach a lot of decisions in December, then only 4 or so in January, and a lot on February again...

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby Neelio » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:44 am

165/3.88- been "evaluation in progress" for a while now. But I read earlier in the thread not to write about 'FOB' Parents. Wrote my PS on my experience as a first generation living in Utah... is this bad?

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby ViP » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Neelio wrote:165/3.88- been "evaluation in progress" for a while now. But I read earlier in the thread not to write about 'FOB' Parents. Wrote my PS on my experience as a first generation living in Utah... is this bad?


As long as you write a compelling personal statement, it doesn't really matter what you talk about (as long as it's "personal").

PS- I went complete on 11/23 and my status changed to "Evaluation in progress" a few days ago. GPA above 75th and LSAT around the median.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Strange... i am still awaiting evaluation since the beginning of november... BUT

I just read the FAQ for the UC Davis and found this:

My file status is "Evaluation in Progress" and it has been at that status for a long time. What does that mean?
- This is also the time when the applicant may be requested to provide a Fall transcript or an explanation of an increased LSAT score.


I was contacted in early novemeber to submit an addendum for my LSAT increase... but they ask you for this during the evaluation in progress stage but yet im still "awaiting evaluation"

my stats are lower then 25% gpa but above 75% in lsat.

User avatar
Padimud
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Padimud » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:54 pm

I switched to Evaluation in Progress last Tuesday (11/24). 165/3.79

User avatar
DoctorNick189
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby DoctorNick189 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Evaluation in progress. 2.99/176

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby NayBoer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Yikes! Evaluation in progress as of this morning. I was still only awaiting evaluation as of yesterday afternoon.
>>> 75th LSAT / <<< 25th GPA

I realize that the decision may still be months away, though.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:56 pm

NayBoer wrote:Yikes! Evaluation in progress as of this morning. I was still only awaiting evaluation as of yesterday afternoon.
>>> 75th LSAT / <<< 25th GPA

I realize that the decision may still be months away, though.


i must be hopeless.. still awaiting evaluation..

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:34 pm

finalaspects wrote:
NayBoer wrote:Yikes! Evaluation in progress as of this morning. I was still only awaiting evaluation as of yesterday afternoon.
>>> 75th LSAT / <<< 25th GPA

I realize that the decision may still be months away, though.


i must be hopeless.. still awaiting evaluation..


Their site says they accept some in December (Auto-admits, but YP also imo) , they have around 1500 apps submitted pre-January, then they receive another 1500 about in January. Davis has class sizes of about 90, so they are very choosey imo, and that is why we hear back soooooo slow.

User avatar
Mroberts3
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Mroberts3 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:08 pm

ugg, I've been staying away from status checkers for exactly this reason...now I'm all anxious. I'm under evaluation and would like to think I'm an auto admit (3.5+/165+), but having even one acceptance before Christmas would be awesome.

Also, my odds are looking mediocre based on the discussion over on the UCLA thread so having a Davis acceptance would soften the inevitable "I think we should just be friends" from UCLA.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:13 pm

Mroberts3 wrote:ugg, I've been staying away from status checkers for exactly this reason...now I'm all anxious. I'm under evaluation and would like to think I'm an auto admit (3.5+/165+), but having even one acceptance before Christmas would be awesome.

Also, my odds are looking mediocre based on the discussion over on the UCLA thread so having a Davis acceptance would soften the inevitable "I think we should just be friends" from UCLA.


you survived the first wave of rejections and waitlisting as well it seems. (check your email)

but yea i'm expecting a let's just be friends cliche as well, but it may take a while to heal from the rejection...

GL for Davis!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, ad34964n, afenthiko1, airwrecka, Anon.y.mousse., cyclawps, lillawyer2, Majestic-12 [Bot], mritter3, NotAGolfer, pantsuitchic, ProductofUnreality, sonyco, TriSapien and 30 guests