UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zeth006

Silver

Re: UC Davis

Post by zeth006 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 pm

ozarkhack wrote:Dang.

Kind of bittersweet, but I withdrew from Davis today. Hope one of you WLers gets my seat soon.

Hastings pulled me from the WL, and ultimately the lure of the city proved too much for fiance and I to pass up. Hastings' PICAP and finaid package helped, too.

Good luck to all.
Did Hastings offer more grants?

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:18 pm

zeth006 wrote:Did Hastings offer more grants?
Don't want to get too specific, lest I out myself. But, astoundingly, Hastings will be cheaper.

haider

New

Post by haider » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm

yo! wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:hey folks! quick financial aid question for those who filled out loans: how long did it take for the "promissory note" links to update to "satisfied" on your Grad Plus, Sub/Unsub loans? I filled mine out 3 days ago, but they're still at unsatisfied...just thought I'd check.
Also, anyone else staying at the Tennis Club apartments (Clearwater apartments) next year? I know a lot of students are at the Willows, but I'm hoping there'll be some law students where I'm living too!

Were they listed as being "unsatisfied" on the govt website?

no it looks like they went through fine on the gov't website, it's just the Davis site that lists them as unsatisfied. The other requirements took a couple days to update to satisfied, but since today is the deadline i just thought i'd check
Whew....glad this happened to someone else. I did them last night and while it would make sense for them to take a few processing days, it still made me nervous. I'm sending an email to financial aid just in case.
It says at the top of the page that they won't be updating that promisary notes until july 30h. I e-mailed to make sure that they knew about the deadline and the update thing and they said it was fine.

haider

New

Post by haider » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

PunjabiLower wrote:AHHHHHH I JUST GOT IN! 3.84,162

19 years old..no work experience...graduated college in 2 years...I think I'm pretty immature compared to a regular law school applicant...but they are giving me a shot!

Congrats!
Can I ask how you were notified? (e-mail, call, mail,?) Did you status checker change at all?

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:03 am

haider wrote:

19 years old..no work experience...graduated college in 2 years...I think I'm pretty immature compared to a regular law school applicant...but they are giving me a shot!

Congrats!
Can I ask how you were notified? (e-mail, call, mail,?) Did you status checker change at all?
hello sir.

email. My status checker has not updated and I have no information at all for admitted students. Nothing has come in the regular mail yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:54 am

PunjabiLower wrote:
haider wrote:

Congrats!
hello sir.

email. My status checker has not updated and I have no information at all for admitted students. Nothing has come in the regular mail yet.
Admitted student information is on the website. Log in with the same info you used to check the status checker. You also pay your deposit there.

lalalaw07

New

Post by lalalaw07 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Anyone with me and waiting until the last min to hopefully get accepted? Im guessing (more so hoping and praying) that with this last email sent out about reconfirmation means we may see some serious wl movement next week or as aug begins?

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am

anyone having trouble logging into the admitted student site? it's not letting me in and it says my email address 'can't be recognized.' Just curious if this is a system wide problem or if i should call tomorrow. thanks : )

nonamebreakdown

New

Post by nonamebreakdown » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:anyone having trouble logging into the admitted student site? it's not letting me in and it says my email address 'can't be recognized.' Just curious if this is a system wide problem or if i should call tomorrow. thanks : )
I had this problem last night too, but now it works. Was probably just maintenance or something..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Weren't they supposed to send out and post a bunch of stuff last week about registration, intro week, and a couple other items? Did anyone receive this or find it on the admitted student site?

Thanks

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Spoke too soon, just saw Cristina's email. :)

Who else is getting excited?

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:31 pm

J Burrito wrote:Weren't they supposed to send out and post a bunch of stuff last week about registration, intro week, and a couple other items? Did anyone receive this or find it on the admitted student site?

Thanks
Check your spam email, it went out today.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”