UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
calgal17

Bronze

Re: UC Davis

Post by calgal17 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm getting increasingly obsessive about checking my status now that people close to my numbers are getting in!

Padimud

Bronze

Post by Padimud » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:21 pm

So I just opened my acceptance packet from Davis. Looks like they are offering a travel stipend to everyone who visits on their ASD on April 10th. $150.

My packet had no scholarship information but read that scholarships are received with the packet of admission or "shortly thereafter". My question is for everyone who has been accepted and received cash, when did that scholarship notification arrive? Thanks.

pamcasso

New

Post by pamcasso » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Padimud wrote:So I just opened my acceptance packet from Davis. Looks like they are offering a travel stipend to everyone who visits on their ASD on April 10th. $150.

My packet had no scholarship information but read that scholarships are received with the packet of admission or "shortly thereafter". My question is for everyone who has been accepted and received cash, when did that scholarship notification arrive? Thanks.
mine came with my packet...there was a second letter behind the "congratulations!" one

Padimud

Bronze

Post by Padimud » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:51 pm

pamcasso wrote:
Padimud wrote:So I just opened my acceptance packet from Davis. Looks like they are offering a travel stipend to everyone who visits on their ASD on April 10th. $150.

mine came with my packet...there was a second letter behind the "congratulations!" one
Well I thought that I would be a very likely candidate for scholarship, but I am imagining with budget cuts and increased applications the game has changed. Kind of disappointed with that, but it wasn't a top 5 option after the tuition hike.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 am

a video from the UC Davis talent show... kind of funny, really weird

--LinkRemoved--
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Congrats to those of you who have been accepted. To those who haven't heard anything, just hang on. I was minutes from sending in my deposit elsewhere when I got the news. For those of you who end up picking UCD and are around the Sacramento area this summer, give me a call (unless you're lame, overly creepy or a close-talker, of course). Maybe we can put together some kind of an outing for incoming King Hall folks.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:35 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:Congrats to those of you who have been accepted. To those who haven't heard anything, just hang on. I was minutes from sending in my deposit elsewhere when I got the news. For those of you who end up picking UCD and are around the Sacramento area this summer, give me a call (unless you're lame, overly creepy or a close-talker, of course). Maybe we can put together some kind of an outing for incoming King Hall folks.

So social recluses fall into the "lamers" category? :)

haider

New

Post by haider » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 pm

The wait for Davis is killing me. But interesting tidbit, because everyone seems concerned with how long they take. I the "Pre-Law Boot Camp" that King Hall puts on for people interested in applying to law (super good program btw). And we had a Q/A session with Sharon Pinkney, their dean of admissions and someone asked "How long to do spend on each application before you make a decision?" and she replied... "Well I have my iPhone timer on 4 minutes, and I never go past that in deciding, yes, no, or go to committee." I was personally stunned... that for the most part they decide my future in 4 minutes. She went on to say that this was a pretty standard time. :(

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:41 pm

haider wrote:The wait for Davis is killing me. But interesting tidbit, because everyone seems concerned with how long they take. I the "Pre-Law Boot Camp" that King Hall puts on for people interested in applying to law (super good program btw). And we had a Q/A session with Sharon Pinkney, their dean of admissions and someone asked "How long to do spend on each application before you make a decision?" and she replied... "Well I have my iPhone timer on 4 minutes, and I never go past that in deciding, yes, no, or go to committee." I was personally stunned... that for the most part they decide my future in 4 minutes. She went on to say that this was a pretty standard time. :(
Lol...I am not surprised. I bet this is how most admissions offices run. But if it only takes 4 minutes per app, then why does it take so long for them to send out decisions?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:26 am

Mosca wrote:
haider wrote:The wait for Davis is killing me. But interesting tidbit, because everyone seems concerned with how long they take. I the "Pre-Law Boot Camp" that King Hall puts on for people interested in applying to law (super good program btw). And we had a Q/A session with Sharon Pinkney, their dean of admissions and someone asked "How long to do spend on each application before you make a decision?" and she replied... "Well I have my iPhone timer on 4 minutes, and I never go past that in deciding, yes, no, or go to committee." I was personally stunned... that for the most part they decide my future in 4 minutes. She went on to say that this was a pretty standard time. :(
Lol...I am not surprised. I bet this is how most admissions offices run. But if it only takes 4 minutes per app, then why does it take so long for them to send out decisions?

It kind of adds weight to the belief among many here that most schools #15 and below don't give much weight to softs. It would take far longer than 4 minutes for admissions officers to weigh one application against another and at most, what probably happens is the personal statements and the resumes gets skimmed over really quickly.

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:37 pm

status changed from complete to evaluation in progress today

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:37 am

Borhas wrote:a video from the UC Davis talent show... kind of funny, really weird

--LinkRemoved--
I love the professor scenes! They are amazingly good sports. It makes Davis seem like a fun place. :D

pollaclc

Bronze

Post by pollaclc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:13 pm

mango26 wrote:status changed from complete to evaluation in progress today
+1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:12 pm

pollaclc wrote:
+1

when did you guys go complete?

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:16 pm

pollaclc wrote:
+1
Now y'all get to the fun part: Another month of waiting.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm

ozarkhack wrote:
pollaclc wrote:
+1
Now y'all get to the fun part: Another month of waiting.
possibly longer. but it seems like Davis accepts once a week in large batches. not too sure since the date always changes every day on the status checker, but majority of people always seem to get accepted on a thursday or something for every week. Pattern from last year's LSN.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:51 pm

am i the only one here who is "awaiting evaluation" since november?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rufferoo

New

Post by rufferoo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm

adonai wrote:am i the only one here who is "awaiting evaluation" since november?
im with you too.. hopefully it'll be our turn soon......

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:54 pm

adonai wrote:am i the only one here who is "awaiting evaluation" since november?
man that is a while. surprised that you aren't "under evaluation" yet. but they did state on their FAQ that it is random in the order they review applicants. how are your stats?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:58 pm

I've been waiting since Nov 10
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:00 pm

finalaspects wrote:
man that is a while. surprised that you aren't "under evaluation" yet. but they did state on their FAQ that it is random in the order they review applicants. how are your stats?
my stats are on the lower end of the spectrum, but not totally out according to LSN. I figured I was just being indexed, contrary to what davis says. "Random order" is a flat-out lie, and this is shown by auto-admits getting decisions first. Well, unless they segregate first and THEN read the upper tiers in "random order," then okay...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 pm

adonai wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
my stats are on the lower end of the spectrum, but not totally out according to LSN. I figured I was just being indexed, contrary to what davis says. "Random order" is a flat-out lie, and this is shown by auto-admits getting decisions first. Well, unless they segregate first and THEN read the upper tiers in "random order," then okay...
LSN's stats of schools should never be trusted. they are all over 3 years old mostly. medians for every school have changed a lot since then, usually +2 LSAT and .2-.3 in GPA.

Mroberts3

Bronze

Post by Mroberts3 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:05 pm

pamcasso wrote:

I got some $$ with the acceptance package itself. I haven't filled out need access and just did FAFSA a few days ago, so this was probably just a teaser (I hope).

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 pm

LSN numbers for Davis is for the graduating class of 2009. 2012 was last year's students so its 3 years old.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:11 pm

finalaspects wrote:LSN numbers for Davis is for the graduating class of 2009. 2012 was last year's students so its 3 years old.
I meant more along the lines of people's stats/profiles in each application year on LSN...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”