UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
taq

New

Re: UC Davis

Post by taq » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Does anyone know if there's much scholarship/aid for international students?.. and whether I need to fill any forms to be considered for them?
the needaccess stuff is only for US citizens right?

thanksss :D

cyberPUNK

New

Post by cyberPUNK » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:45 pm

boardride23 wrote:
cyberPUNK wrote:What are people's thoughts on emailing the link to a blog I maintain in my off time to the admissions office? It's related to my undergrad. major and personal interests which I mentioned extensively in my personal statement.

Here it is: http://www.dddreamland.com
Don't want to be a buzzkill, but unless its phrased as a LOCI they probably won't care. They haven't found the time to send a one line response to our emails (or even generic response), so they won't have time to look at your blog. Every applicant has their own impressive hobbies and what-not, if you mentioned it in your PS I would just leave it at that and not risk annoying them. It's a nice blog and all, but unless you just won some award for it, I just wouldn't do it... just my $.02 though.
Cheers, exactly why I asked. Probably should've included it on the resume under the personal interests section. Let's hope we get some (good) news soon!

jebuschrist

New

Post by jebuschrist » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:26 pm

applied late dec. sent a loci via email then a long letter snail mail last week. still nothing. I wish I sent the loci 3 weeks ago like other ppl here.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:32 pm

I'd say we should be seeing a wave of decisions soon. The initial deposit deadline just passed for most, if not all schools.

taq

New

Post by taq » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:50 pm

phoenix323 wrote:Ahh, thanks! Will you be attending Davis?
YEA! I'm gonna attend for sure.. I've been looking at what ppl say about Davis and it sounds great.

btw.. does anyone know how to pay the seat deposit online??
on the admitted students website, theres a link that says "Accepting the offer" and then when I click on it, it just expands with some instructions but I can't see any other links for me to enter my card info etc..

Do i have to wait a few days before it shows up.. because the website doesnt show my student ID number either.. I was thinking it might have something to do with that and that they need a few more days to process it...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:51 pm

taq wrote:
YEA! I'm gonna attend for sure.. I've been looking at what ppl say about Davis and it sounds great.

on the admitted students website, theres a link that says "Accepting the offer" and then when I click on it, it just expands with some instructions but I can't see any other links for me to enter my card info etc..

Do i have to wait a few days before it shows up.. because the website doesnt show my student ID number either.. I was thinking it might have something to do with that and that they need a few more days to process it...
You should click "accepting the offer" then on the bottom right it has the 2 deposits in the box, click the "pay me" or w/e button for the first deposit.

taq

New

Post by taq » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Inygma wrote:
taq wrote:

You should click "accepting the offer" then on the bottom right it has the 2 deposits in the box, click the "pay me" or w/e button for the first deposit.

it's weird!! the pay me isn't there!!! :S
I guess I'll call them to see whats wrong

thanks anyway!

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Ahhh, still 'eval in progress'...I'm not sure why I keep checking everyday...perhaps next week?

pomfiend

New

Post by pomfiend » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:03 pm

hellokitty wrote:Ahhh, still 'eval in progress'...I'm not sure why I keep checking everyday...perhaps next week?
+1

I pray that there's movement next week.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

smreamer

New

Post by smreamer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Accepted today! 165/3.5 UC Davis alumni, graduated in 2008. Applied January 11th, had been in 'eval in progress' since February 25th.

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:46 pm

smreamer wrote:Accepted today! 165/3.5 UC Davis alumni, graduated in 2008. Applied January 11th, had been in 'eval in progress' since February 25th.
Congratulations!!! Are you pretty much set on staying in Davis then?

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:49 pm

smreamer wrote:Accepted today! 165/3.5 UC Davis alumni, graduated in 2008. Applied January 11th, had been in 'eval in progress' since February 25th.
Congrats!

I'm feeling good about next week. This late in the cycle, they seem to dole decisions out a little more deliberately.

smreamer

New

Post by smreamer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 pm

hellokitty wrote:

I am not quite sure yet. I received a full tuition, 1st year books, and summer abroad scholarship to UOP McGeorge. I am still contemplating the McGeorge offer because I am currently living back in Sacramento, and I would eventually like to practice here. The idea of graduating debt free is certainly enticing! Then I have been waitlisted at Columbia, Michigan, UCLA, Duke, and USC, so i guess i will have to see what the summer months bring.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

smreamer

New

Post by smreamer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:12 pm

I should also mention that my 165 LSAT score is a retake. My first score was a 160. I sent in an addendum, explaining the retake, with my initial application.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:13 pm

smreamer wrote:
hellokitty wrote:

I am not quite sure yet. I received a full tuition, 1st year books, and summer abroad scholarship to UOP McGeorge. I am still contemplating the McGeorge offer because I am currently living back in Sacramento, and I would eventually like to practice here. The idea of graduating debt free is certainly enticing! Then I have been waitlisted at Columbia, Michigan, UCLA, Duke, and USC, so i guess i will have to see what the summer months bring.
Full tuition is certainly enticing. Is there a GPA / class rank requirement attached to the scholarship?

smreamer

New

Post by smreamer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:25 pm

missinglink wrote:
smreamer wrote:
hellokitty wrote:

Full tuition is certainly enticing. Is there a GPA / class rank requirement attached to the scholarship?
Yes. GPA in top 1/3 of the class.

HungryHippo

New

Post by HungryHippo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:20 am

smreamer wrote:
I should also mention that my 165 LSAT score is a retake. My first score was a 160. I sent in an addendum, explaining the retake, with my initial application.

Smreamer..... Your post is soooooooooo encouraging. :D Almost numbers twin. 159/165 - 3.67
They also asked me to write an addendum explaining my retake as well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:45 am

smreamer wrote:
hellokitty wrote:

Nobody from Davis is going to give you a terribly unbalanced opinion of the situation, so take me with a grain of salt, but... Go to Davis. McGeorge flashes between T2 and T3, and even in Sac (the only market where it can possibly claim to do well) its graduates are always behind UCD grads in line for the same jobs. I had a similar choice, also want to be in Sac, went with Davis and haven't looked back.

As nice as Sac is too, with the economy being what it is you want as many choices as possible. UCD puts SF, LA and SD on the table. McGeorge... not so much.

vkw104

New

Post by vkw104 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:51 am

For anyone having trouble paying the deposit, it took me a while to find it too.
Log in to the admitted students site, then click the "response" or "respond" link. Then you should have the accepting/rejecting offer links.

taq wrote:
Inygma wrote:
taq wrote:

it's weird!! the pay me isn't there!!! :S
I guess I'll call them to see whats wrong

thanks anyway!

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:31 am

Accepted. 3.7/161 URM. No financial aid info in the pdf, though? Oh well I guess I have to wait for regular mail. Good luck to all those still waiting. I'm pretty sure I am going to withdraw, so hopefully my spot goes to someone who really wants it!

taq

New

Post by taq » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:46 pm

bayareadunks wrote:Accepted. 3.7/161 URM. No financial aid info in the pdf, though? Oh well I guess I have to wait for regular mail. Good luck to all those still waiting. I'm pretty sure I am going to withdraw, so hopefully my spot goes to someone who really wants it!
really!
where are you going instead? jw. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RadMobile

Bronze

Post by RadMobile » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:55 pm

In as of yesterday!! I'm pumped. I sent my app 12/28, went complete 1/13, and got my decision yesterday.

There's a way you can view your financial aid info online through the "admitted students" section. Can't remember exactly how, but I remember that it's there.

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:14 pm

taq wrote:
bayareadunks wrote:Accepted. 3.7/161 URM. No financial aid info in the pdf, though? Oh well I guess I have to wait for regular mail. Good luck to all those still waiting. I'm pretty sure I am going to withdraw, so hopefully my spot goes to someone who really wants it!
really!
where are you going instead? jw. :D
99% sure I'm going to be at USC. I was at Davis for a year...wasn't my kind of town. Granted I was there my freshman year so I'm sure there is a lot that I missed out on for the subsequent 3 years. It is a really nice campus though...

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:38 pm

RadMobile wrote:In as of yesterday!! I'm pumped. I sent my app 12/28, went complete 1/13, and got my decision yesterday.

There's a way you can view your financial aid info online through the "admitted students" section. Can't remember exactly how, but I remember that it's there.
It would be great if accepted students could post their stats. Rad, mind sharing yours?

OneKnight

Bronze

Post by OneKnight » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:40 pm

Withdrew with 10K/year. Good luck everyone!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”