UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Island Girl

Bronze

Re: UC Davis

Post by Island Girl » Mon May 03, 2010 2:40 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:So I called the admissions office on friday, and they said that (1) Decisions will be coming out all this week; (2) that they have no idea as to when they will begin looking at the waitlist, but she made sure to tell me that they will be using it this cycle.

Good luck to everyone this week who is waiting to hear back!
I'll have my fingers crossed for me and for everyone this week!

dreamz01

New

Post by dreamz01 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:So I called the admissions office on friday, and they said that (1) Decisions will be coming out all this week; (2) that they have no idea as to when they will begin looking at the waitlist, but she made sure to tell me that they will be using it this cycle.

Yayaya! I'm so happy you confirmed this! I hope they pick us ALL!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 pm

well i'm on the waitlist and if they finish this week, they probably won't look at waitlists until the end of this month. but Good Luck to those are haven't received a decision yet!

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Mon May 03, 2010 3:49 pm

I have steeled myself against the possibility of rejection. I don't see a single acceptance with my numbers, just waitlists. (And I think at this point their waitlist is enormous and they won't be interested in adding to it.)

It actually would have felt worse to be rejected in earlier weeks than now. Something broke in me last week and I just stopped giving a shit whether or not I heard from Davis, because a decision became like a mythical rainbow-maned unicorn that I would never get to ride.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon May 03, 2010 3:52 pm

pegleg wrote:I have steeled myself against the possibility of rejection. I don't see a single acceptance with my numbers, just waitlists. (And I think at this point their waitlist is enormous and they won't be interested in adding to it.)

It actually would have felt worse to be rejected in earlier weeks than now. Something broke in me last week and I just stopped giving a shit whether or not I heard from Davis, because a decision became like a mythical rainbow-maned unicorn that I would never get to ride.
looking at waitlists for last year, they seem to prefer splitters and reverse splitters to take off the list.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Mon May 03, 2010 3:56 pm

finalaspects wrote:
pegleg wrote:I have steeled myself against the possibility of rejection. I don't see a single acceptance with my numbers, just waitlists. (And I think at this point their waitlist is enormous and they won't be interested in adding to it.)

looking at waitlists for last year, they seem to prefer splitters and reverse splitters to take off the list.
That's probably true for a lot of schools. It stands to reason that for a lot of people, it was either a weak LSAT or weak GPA that put them on the waitlist initially. If both had been strong, they likely would have been a presumptive admit.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon May 03, 2010 4:18 pm

missinglink wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

That's probably true for a lot of schools. It stands to reason that for a lot of people, it was either a weak LSAT or weak GPA that put them on the waitlist initially. If both had been strong, they likely would have been a presumptive admit.
true that and schools will try to either higher or secure their LSAT/GPA medians with splitters and reverse splitters. hopefully davis is looking for high LSAT's.

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Mon May 03, 2010 4:34 pm

finalaspects wrote:

Unfortunately I am neither. I am just average 3.4/164.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon May 03, 2010 4:36 pm

pegleg wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Unfortunately I am neither. I am just average 3.4/164.
but you can get accepted right away as opposed to being waitlisted, although you can rejected right away as well. but you will find out at least by this week, while the waitlisters may not know until August 20th....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Waitlisted..........

TheOpossum

New

Post by TheOpossum » Mon May 03, 2010 9:01 pm

My current three least favorite words: Evaluation in Progress. Always and forever.

foosh

New

Post by foosh » Mon May 03, 2010 9:02 pm

TheOpossum wrote:My current three least favorite words: Evaluation in Progress. Always and forever.
+1

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 pm

In this topsy turvy chaotic world of ours, at least I can always rely on being "evaluation in progress" at Davis.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 pm

TheOpossum wrote:My current three least favorite words: Evaluation in Progress. Always and forever.
Same here.

Sorry to hear that, zeth006. You plan to stick it out?

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:08 pm

pegleg wrote:In this topsy turvy chaotic world of ours, at least I can always rely on being "evaluation in progress" at Davis.
+1

ugh

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:11 pm

missinglink wrote:
Same here.

I'll see what happens. I'll probably put down the second seat deposit for USD since I'm ALSO wait-listed with Hastings.

Seriously, this whole process kind of sucks. I'm sure they have a standard deviation of students who matriculate into Davis and other schools so they can avoid underenrolling or overenrolling. Are they really hell bent on getting a specific number?

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm

zeth006 wrote:
missinglink wrote:
Same here.

I'll see what happens. I'll probably put down the second seat deposit for USD since I'm ALSO wait-listed with Hastings.

Seriously, this whole process kind of sucks. I'm sure they have a standard deviation of students who matriculate into Davis and other schools so they can avoid underenrolling or overenrolling. Are they really hell bent on getting a specific number?
Isn't the 2nd deposit due June 1st?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:15 pm

pegleg wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
missinglink wrote:
Same here.

Isn't the 2nd deposit due June 1st?

Well, yeah. I'm not going to send it right away. I'll wait until the last minute.

mholmes

New

Post by mholmes » Mon May 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Waitlist...

3.86/161
Last edited by mholmes on Mon May 03, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Mon May 03, 2010 9:17 pm

zeth006 wrote:
missinglink wrote:
Same here.

It is a cruel numbers game.

Just one or two points on the LSAT would probably make a world of difference at Davis, judging from LSN graphs.

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 pm

@Zeth

I just realized you were waitlisted, and not waiting for an initial decision like the rest of us saps. Query withdrawn.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Fergie

New

Post by Fergie » Mon May 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Very ready for my decision. Will be heading north for Bay to Breakers - woo - and would like to know if I should stick around an extra day to check out the campus. NEED to buy a plane ticket Davis NEED a decision Davis - you've had my fate in your hands....since OCTOBER

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Mon May 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Still in Eval...

sunnygirl

Bronze

Post by sunnygirl » Mon May 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Gonna withdraw. The out-of-state tuitions will be more than what I could afford. Hope the spot goes to one of you guys. GL!!

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Mon May 03, 2010 11:39 pm

NOOOO! I got waitlisted. 3.84,162

davis was my last hope.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”