UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
savesthedayajb

Silver

Re: UC Davis

Post by savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Went complete today. Submitted 12/22

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:03 pm

been eval in progress since 11/10 (i think, but around that date)

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:17 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:Went complete today. Submitted 12/22
wtf :cry: I submitted 12/17 and still not complete :x

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Complete 12/3 and still awaiting eval. WTF?? I already got into Hastings. Get on it Davis!

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 pm

calgal17 wrote:Complete 12/3 and still awaiting eval. WTF?? I already got into Hastings. Get on it Davis!
Davis Status Check Website Information Sheet wrote:Application files are read in random order. The date an application is submitted will not determine the date a decision is made.
Combined with their evaluation process, we're looking at a very slow crapshoot as to when an app goes into evaluation and how long it takes once in it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mroberts3

Bronze

Post by Mroberts3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 pm

I've been complete since early Dec (if I recall correctly) and "evaulation in progress" or something similar on my status checker for about a month now. It can't possibly be that much longer if others are still awaiting eval...or so I can hope!

Eisaiahm

New

Post by Eisaiahm » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Mroberts3 wrote:I've been complete since early Dec (if I recall correctly) and "evaulation in progress" or something similar on my status checker for about a month now. It can't possibly be that much longer if others are still awaiting eval...or so I can hope!
I've been under eval in progress since Nov.

Padimud

Bronze

Post by Padimud » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Eisaiahm wrote:
Mroberts3 wrote:I've been complete since early Dec (if I recall correctly) and "evaulation in progress" or something similar on my status checker for about a month now. It can't possibly be that much longer if others are still awaiting eval...or so I can hope!
+1

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Padimud wrote:
Eisaiahm wrote:
+1
+2... Decisions have to be close... Hopefully less than a week

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Neelio wrote:
Padimud wrote:
Eisaiahm wrote:
+1
+2... Decisions have to be close... Hopefully less than a week
Not according to last year. Few are scattered in January (mostly auto accepts). Davis is known to be VERY SLOW.

Massive amounts of decisions starts like end of Feb...

OrcinusOrcas

New

Post by OrcinusOrcas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:42 pm

My status just changed this week from complete/NOT in review as of 11/18 to under evaluation. Yay! Looks like people get listed as under eval for a long time though...eh.

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Finally complete 1/13, but still awaiting evaluation. Hopefully the 13 will be lucky!

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Make some acceptances Davis! Way behind everyone :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Neelio

Silver

Post by Neelio » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Inygma wrote:Make some acceptances Davis! Way behind everyone :shock:
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000

Governor

New

Post by Governor » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:26 pm

The slowness is a perennial problem. There's no excuse. None whatsoever, not when Hastings and every other school starts sending out acceptances in early January.

I applied in 2008 with a 3.6 and a 164. I got into Davis sometime in late April or May, I think. I heard results from Hastings and almost every other school by February. It's absurd.

I wish I had emailed something like this to the dean: "I'm admitted to Hastings, Boston College, and I've got a full ride at three other schools. My application at King Hall hasn't even gone 'complete' yet. Davis is my FIRST choice, but I will be forced to attend Hastings or BC instead, because deposit deadlines are approaching and I want to make sure I have a school to go to next year. Your slowness is costing you a qualified applicant. Just letting you know."

If 5,000 applicants sent that to Dean Kevin Johnson, maybe they'd get the hint. Maybe. He has an iPhone and every email makes his pants start ringing; he pays attention to emails.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Governor wrote:The slowness is a perennial problem. There's no excuse. None whatsoever, not when Hastings and every other school starts sending out acceptances in early January.

I applied in 2008 with a 3.6 and a 164. I got into Davis sometime in late April or May, I think. I heard results from Hastings and almost every other school by February. It's absurd.

I wish I had emailed something like this to the dean: "I'm admitted to Hastings, Boston College, and I've got a full ride at three other schools. My application at King Hall hasn't even gone 'complete' yet. Davis is my FIRST choice, but I will be forced to attend Hastings or BC instead, because deposit deadlines are approaching and I want to make sure I have a school to go to next year. Your slowness is costing you a qualified applicant. Just letting you know."

If 5,000 applicants sent that to Dean Kevin Johnson, maybe they'd get the hint. Maybe. He has an iPhone and every email makes his pants start ringing; he pays attention to emails.
I'm sure a large part of it is that the class size at Davis is so small. THey can't admit 200 people at a time like Hastings can.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:29 pm

yo! wrote:Finally complete 1/13, but still awaiting evaluation. Hopefully the 13 will be lucky!
Been complete for a bit, but moved into "Awaiting Evaluation" either yesterday or today. Before that I was in "Processing in Progress."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DoctorNick189

Bronze

Post by DoctorNick189 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:22 am

In w/ Dean's Merit Scholarship ($20k, renewable for 3 years). Currently my #1 pick.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 am

DoctorNick189 wrote:In w/ Dean's Merit Scholarship ($20k, renewable for 3 years). Currently my #1 pick.
congrats! when did you hear?

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:30 am

DoctorNick189 wrote:In w/ Dean's Merit Scholarship ($20k, renewable for 3 years). Currently my #1 pick.
What are your numbers? PM me if you'd like.

DoctorNick189

Bronze

Post by DoctorNick189 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:43 am

3.0/176. One of H/Y/P for undergrad. Received the e-mail on 12/22, but finally arrived back on campus to read the physical mailing and saw the letter about the scholarship, complete with some handwritten notes from Dean Johnson. I need to phone them to find out if there are any restrictions on the aid money, what it takes to renew, etc. Assuming $20k each year and CA residency for 2L and 3L, it would be a sweet deal.

I'm pretty certain I want to practice in California, but that's really all I know so far -- I'd probably be happy with any kind of work (public defender, "BigLaw," JAG, opening up my own shop, or any other law-related job where I have to use my brain every day), so I'm trying to strike a nice balance between "prestige," job options upon graduation, debt load, and quality of life while in law school.

This offer has made my other acceptances thus far pretty irrelevant (although I need to see how much cash Wake Forest is willing to pony up...), and since I've been WL'ed at UVA and UCLA, I'm only really waiting on Emory, USC, Vandy, Georgetown, and WUSTL. Not entirely sure I'd take any of them over Davis at this point, but I don't want to rush to making a judgment until everything has come in.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:06 am

DoctorNick189 wrote:3.0/176. One of H/Y/P for undergrad. Received the e-mail on 12/22, but finally arrived back on campus to read the physical mailing and saw the letter about the scholarship, complete with some handwritten notes from Dean Johnson. I need to phone them to find out if there are any restrictions on the aid money, what it takes to renew, etc. Assuming $20k each year and CA residency for 2L and 3L, it would be a sweet deal.

I'm pretty certain I want to practice in California, but that's really all I know so far -- I'd probably be happy with any kind of work (public defender, "BigLaw," JAG, opening up my own shop, or any other law-related job where I have to use my brain every day), so I'm trying to strike a nice balance between "prestige," job options upon graduation, debt load, and quality of life while in law school.

This offer has made my other acceptances thus far pretty irrelevant (although I need to see how much cash Wake Forest is willing to pony up...), and since I've been WL'ed at UVA and UCLA, I'm only really waiting on Emory, USC, Vandy, Georgetown, and WUSTL. Not entirely sure I'd take any of them over Davis at this point, but I don't want to rush to making a judgment until everything has come in.
That sounds great, congratulations! Hopefully in the next few weeks they'll send a decision my way and we could potentially be classmates. UCD is one of my top choices too, with or without $$. Best of luck to you!

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:19 am

DoctorNick189 wrote:3.0/176. One of H/Y/P for undergrad. Received the e-mail on 12/22, but finally arrived back on campus to read the physical mailing and saw the letter about the scholarship, complete with some handwritten notes from Dean Johnson. I need to phone them to find out if there are any restrictions on the aid money, what it takes to renew, etc. Assuming $20k each year and CA residency for 2L and 3L, it would be a sweet deal.

Congrats, I think you were one of the few that announced this earlier, but it is good to hear an update.

I hope they will be sending some decisions to more than 10 people soon!

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:34 am

Quick question.... About a week ago I received an e-mail from the admissions office asking me to write an addendum explaining my LSAT score increase. Does anyone know if they ask everyone who increased a certain amount of points, or do they only ask those applicants whom they are strongly considering? I'm trying to convince myself that they wouldn't bother asking if they weren't actually that interested in me, but I'm pretty sure this is just wishful thinking.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 pm

mhd08 wrote:Quick question.... About a week ago I received an e-mail from the admissions office asking me to write an addendum explaining my LSAT score increase. Does anyone know if they ask everyone who increased a certain amount of points, or do they only ask those applicants whom they are strongly considering? I'm trying to convince myself that they wouldn't bother asking if they weren't actually that interested in me, but I'm pretty sure this is just wishful thinking.
they ask everyone with at least a 5 point increase in test score.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”