UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
forty-two

Bronze

Re: UC Davis

Post by forty-two » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 am

Inygma wrote:
forty-two wrote:
Veritas wrote:
forty-two wrote:I'm in with an estimated half tuition in grant aid next year...sooooo excited!! Also, congrats Inygma!
ahhhhhh CONGRATS!!
Thanks!!! I'm very happy to have such a great California option. Now I'm just waiting on UCLA for my cycle to be complete.

Are you planning on going to the ASD?
Hey congrats!!!! I got about the same offer...

What is Davis ranking for you? Also join the Facebook group I made if you are planning on attending! We can be ASD buds again haha
Thanks/congrats Inygma! I don't really know where Davis stands right now. If nothing changes, it's probably second only to Emory because my scholarship there is renewable. It's at the top of my California list though (I'm still waiting on UCLA, but I doubt they're going to let me in). Decisions decisions...

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:01 am

lol @ this whole process. Some students are still awaiting eval at Davis while other schools already want seat deposits next weel. I've been under eval for almost 2 months and I'm REALLY hoping to hear something this week. :?

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:29 pm

yo! wrote:lol @ this whole process. Some students are still awaiting eval at Davis while other schools already want seat deposits next weel. I've been under eval for almost 2 months and I'm REALLY hoping to hear something this week. :?
I'm sure most people will hear before April.

On a side note, 2 months is nothing compared to what most of us waited :wink:

rodewan

Bronze

Post by rodewan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:31 pm

yo! wrote:lol @ this whole process. Some students are still awaiting eval at Davis while other schools already want seat deposits next weel. I've been under eval for almost 2 months and I'm REALLY hoping to hear something this week. :?
+100

Italia8183

New

Post by Italia8183 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:58 pm

Guess nobody got a decision yesterday...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:05 pm

I forgot to check to be honest. Let's see what I missed ...

Yep: Current Status: Evaluation in Progress

I would imagine we'll see something soon, it's been quiet for a while. 2 weeks at the current status.

Italia8183

New

Post by Italia8183 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:08 pm

missinglink wrote:I forgot to check to be honest. Let's see what I missed ...

Yep: Current Status: Evaluation in Progress

I would imagine we'll see something soon, it's been quiet for a while. 2 weeks at the current status.
I've been at the current status for more than a month :?

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:13 pm

You people need to stop complaining. Try being complete since October.

star10

New

Post by star10 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:24 pm

jmhendri wrote:You people need to stop complaining. Try being complete since October.
+1000000

First week of November, I feel ya

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:29 pm

star10 wrote:
jmhendri wrote:You people need to stop complaining. Try being complete since October.
+1000000

First week of November, I feel ya
Yikes that sucks.

ViP

Bronze

Post by ViP » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:32 pm

I went complete on the same day at both USC and Davis. That day was over 4 months ago. Over 1/3 of a year ago.

No word from either school.

Maybe I chose the wrong day to go complete?

amacqueen

New

Post by amacqueen » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:12 pm

I have been waiting for a couple of months as well and have heard nothing from UC Davis or Hastings or Irvine for that matter. I have seat deposits due at other schools in 2 weeks. Hoefully they release the letters either way by next week.

boardride23

New

Post by boardride23 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:39 pm

amacqueen wrote:I have been waiting for a couple of months as well and have heard nothing from UC Davis or Hastings or Irvine for that matter. I have seat deposits due at other schools in 2 weeks. Hoefully they release the letters either way by next week.
I have two seat deposits from USD and SCU with $$ for both on April 1st... I applied to Davis and Hastings two weeks before either of the aforementioned, yet heard back from them at the beginning of February.... ironically the UC app fees were twice what most schools are charging... the public school system in CA worries me sometimes...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cali gal

New

Post by cali gal » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:44 pm

i'm wondering if there's any chance that we'll receive a response from them before the deposits are due. wishful thinking i guess.

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:53 pm

I have a feeling that today will be a big day for Davis! I probably have a while before I hear back, but I'd bet they sent out a ton of notifications today. Fingers crossed!

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:57 pm

cLams wrote:I have a feeling that today will be a big day for Davis! I probably have a while before I hear back, but I'd bet they sent out a ton of notifications today. Fingers crossed!
FYI, I tried calling the financial aid office earlier this week and they were closed for furloughs and/or spring break through the week. Not sure about the other offices though.

cali gal

New

Post by cali gal » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:58 pm

i check tls before i even bother to check with the status checker since it's usually unlikely that they update the status checker. there's no point in getting my hopes up by logging onto the status checker first. at least when i read tls and see that some people have heard a response, i have a reason to get my hopes up when checking my status checker.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Italia8183

New

Post by Italia8183 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Eval still in progress... sigh... :|

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:10 pm

BIG SHOCKER!!!! ----- still awaiting evaluation.

Kitty, any movement?

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 pm

primusux wrote:BIG SHOCKER!!!! ----- still awaiting evaluation.

Kitty, any movement?
dammmmmn that sucks! How they have not looked at your app yet and it's almost april?!

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:19 pm

Kitty, any movement?
None whatsoever. :( Still awaiting evaluation.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 pm

calgal17 wrote:

Kitty, any movement?
dammmmmn that sucks! How they have not looked at your app yet and it's almost april?!

Yuppers. Oh well, I'm over it. I'm listed as "admit" on LSP but at this point I think I'm just going to have to move on. Part of me wonders if this is just a plan on the part of the UC's to get all of the app fees without actually working. They know there's nothing we can do.

angela

New

Post by angela » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:40 pm

for those who have been admitted, can we pay the deposit online? I see that on the admitted student site, they provide us with a site that we can pay through, but it requires a student ID. thanks

Sean1269

New

Post by Sean1269 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:33 pm

I was admitted and withdrew the same day, good luck to everyone, for those wondering about deposits, yes after you have been admitted you can pay online.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:39 pm

angela wrote:for those who have been admitted, can we pay the deposit online? I see that on the admitted student site, they provide us with a site that we can pay through, but it requires a student ID. thanks
You should of received your student ID through the admitted students website. I think if you click the make a decision, or reply, or w/e it is, it says your ID # in red.

Yes, you can pay it online.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”