UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
superflush

Silver

Re: UC Davis

Post by superflush » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Veritas wrote:No worries about the picture :wink:
What are you looking for pictures of? Here is just a basic photo of the outside from when I was there in June:

--ImageRemoved--

I also have a few photos of the artistic depictions of what the new section is supposed to look like

Eigenvalue A

New

Post by Eigenvalue A » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Checked my e-mail about an hour ago and found that I've been admitted. I went under eval a few weeks ago (can't remember exact date, sorry!) and my status checker hasn't changed. The e-mail also said that the admissions office will be open tomorrow 12/23, but will be closed from 12/24-1/3 (edit, originally posted 1/4).

Good luck to all of you! I've visited UC Davis and chatted with some of their law students--sounds like a wonderful place to study!
Last edited by Eigenvalue A on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Eigenvalue A wrote:Checked my e-mail about an hour ago and found that I've been admitted. I went under eval a few weeks ago (can't remember exact date, sorry!) and my status checker hasn't changed. The e-mail also said that the admissions office will be open tomorrow 12/23, but will be closed from 12/24-1/4.

Good luck to all of you! I've visited UC Davis and chatted with some of their law students--sounds like a wonderful place to study!
Congrats!

I am intrigued that they sent an e-mail. Do they do that with all accepts?

Eigenvalue A

New

Post by Eigenvalue A » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Inygma wrote:
Eigenvalue A wrote:Checked my e-mail about an hour ago and found that I've been admitted. I went under eval a few weeks ago (can't remember exact date, sorry!) and my status checker hasn't changed. The e-mail also said that the admissions office will be open tomorrow 12/23, but will be closed from 12/24-1/4.

Congrats!

Thanks! If the e-mail isn't a part of their usual acceptance routine, then they probably sent it because, I quote, "For now, we wanted to let you know that we are very interested in you and hope that this offer of admission adds to your happiness during the holidays."

I thought it was sweet. :)

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:47 pm

Eigenvalue A wrote:
Inygma wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks! If the e-mail isn't a part of their usual acceptance routine, then they probably sent it because, I quote, "For now, we wanted to let you know that we are very interested in you and hope that this offer of admission adds to your happiness during the holidays."

I thought it was sweet. :)
That is an awesome present, although your current acceptances are amazing! (Congrats on all of those schools). I wish I could get an email like that, as I am on my laptop in a small Davis hotel....hah

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DoctorNick189

Bronze

Post by DoctorNick189 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:25 am

I got the e-mail as well. Huge splitter.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:52 am

DoctorNick189 wrote:I got the e-mail as well. Huge splitter.
Congrats! I want my present Davis!

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:14 am

Hey, could you tell us when you sent in your application?

Interested because the other accept, Eigenvalue, sent in their app on Nov 3. I sent mine Nov. 5. Was hoping to hear something soon, but both of you had very good numbers.

DoctorNick189

Bronze

Post by DoctorNick189 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:05 am

Last edited by DoctorNick189 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:40 am

Inygma wrote:My status is still under eval =(
at least you're under eval...

im still awaiting eval... and ive been waiting since late Oct...

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:43 am

DoctorNick189 wrote:
Inygma wrote:
Hey, could you tell us when you sent in your application?

Interested because the other accept, Eigenvalue, sent in their app on Nov 3. I sent mine Nov. 5. Was hoping to hear something soon, but both of you had very good numbers.
Application received Oct. 21. Not on LSN, but I'm a 2.99/176.
glad davis is showing splitter love from the start!!!

I will most likely attend so accept me Davis! about 90% certain!

3.1/168

DoctorNick189

Bronze

Post by DoctorNick189 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Last edited by DoctorNick189 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:46 pm

DoctorNick189 wrote:Anyone know where to find a list of the employers who came to Davis's OCI this year?
No, but if you find it, let us know.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:49 pm

Oh, and as far as photos are concerned, it looks like they have a Flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ucdlaw/

davis3l

New

Post by davis3l » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:44 pm

If any of you anxious folks have questions, post them here:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=101455

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Thread revival for (hopefully) a week of acceptances!

Best of luck everyone.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Think we'll hear this week?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:15 pm

I would not bet on it.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:19 pm

TWoodWil wrote:I would not bet on it.
:(

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Veritas wrote:
Looking at last year on LSN, as well as a quick scanning of previous threads, the vast majority of people have to wait until Feb to hear back. Some may get word in late January, but UC Davis appears to be amongst the slowest schools out there for decisions.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:37 pm

TWoodWil wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Looking at last year on LSN, as well as a quick scanning of previous threads, the vast majority of people have to wait until Feb to hear back. Some may get word in late January, but UC Davis appears to be amongst the slowest schools out there for decisions.

Don't burst our bubble!

Anyway, at least we have USD schollys to look forward to this month, eh Veritas?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sunnygirl

Bronze

Post by sunnygirl » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:38 pm

TWoodWil wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Oh,no.My file has been under eval for more than a month. It is starting freaking me out. I don't like the prolonged waiting......

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:40 pm

sunnygirl wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Oh,no.My file has been under eval for more than a month. It is starting freaking me out. I don't like the prolonged waiting......
When I visited Davis a few weeks ago, I asked admissions if there is a usual time lapse between under review -> decision rendered, and she said no.

She told me it takes a while because 5 people review it, 2 admissions, 2 professors, and one 3L student. You need a unanimous vote to be accepted.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Inygma wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:
Veritas wrote:

Don't burst our bubble!

Anyway, at least we have USD schollys to look forward to this month, eh Veritas?
yes, and I'm hoping it's hefty.

sunnygirl

Bronze

Post by sunnygirl » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:05 am

Inygma wrote:
sunnygirl wrote: Oh,no.My file has been under eval for more than a month. It is starting freaking me out. I don't like the prolonged waiting......
When I visited Davis a few weeks ago, I asked admissions if there is a usual time lapse between under review -> decision rendered, and she said no.

She told me it takes a while because 5 people review it, 2 admissions, 2 professors, and one 3L student. You need a unanimous vote to be accepted.
Thank you for your clarification. Unanimous vote? It seems difficult for me to get that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”