UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PunjabiLower

Bronze

Re: UC Davis

Post by PunjabiLower » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Xizenta wrote:AHAHAHAHAHA this piece of crap school just waitlisted me after being complete for 3 months and IR for 6 weeks.
173/3.2 - I never would have gone anyway.
HAHAHAHA

boardride23

New

Post by boardride23 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:12 pm

lawman2010 wrote:Waitlisted :( Also on waitlist at Hastings. Crap!
if you dont mind me asking... scores?

Italia8183

New

Post by Italia8183 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Xizenta wrote:AHAHAHAHAHA this piece of crap school just waitlisted me after being complete for 3 months and IR for 6 weeks.
How were you notified? Email, Status Checker, or Snail Mail?

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Doesn't look like your cycle is going too well this year, maybe bad karma for being a DB?

Xizenta

Bronze

Post by Xizenta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Italia8183 wrote:

I checked the status checker and there was a digital version of my mailed letter. Also, there was a link right below the decision rendered notification that said something the the effect of: "Fill out your waitlist response now."

Anyway, if it came down to Davis and no law school, I'd probably take no school. Not a fan of small towns. I can't imagine what they were thinking, but maybe it's because my Feb LSAT didn't reach them for consideration. My previous LSAT was 166.

HTH

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Xizenta wrote:
Italia8183 wrote:

I checked the status checker and there was a digital version of my mailed letter. Also, there was a link right below the decision rendered notification that said something the the effect of: "Fill out your waitlist response now."

Anyway, if it came down to Davis and no law school, I'd probably take no school. Not a fan of small towns. I can't imagine what they were thinking, but maybe it's because my Feb LSAT didn't reach them for consideration. My previous LSAT was 166.

HTH
why did you apply to davis if you would rather not go to law school even if davis accepted you?

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Received a nice e-mail today from admissions. I was awarded a small scholarship, renewable all 3 years. My need-based was also raised a bit. Estimating 1L at $40k, I almost have 1L payed for!

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:26 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Xizenta wrote:
Italia8183 wrote:

HTH
why did you apply to davis if you would rather not go to law school even if davis accepted you?
+1. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:29 pm

jman77 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Xizenta wrote:
Italia8183 wrote: How were you notified? Email, Status Checker, or Snail Mail?

HTH
+1. Makes no sense whatsoever.
He is just upset (hopefully), though that doesn't make it right to bash a great school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Inygma wrote:Received a nice e-mail today from admissions. I was awarded a small scholarship, renewable all 3 years. My need-based was also raised a bit. Estimating 1L at $40k, I almost have 1L payed for!
Wow. Congratulations. Very nice.

And Xizenta: Enjoy your desirable LSAT score and surely higher-ranked schools. I am jealous, for sure. But no need to come shit in everybody's apple pie.

Sincerely,

Some hick who got into a crap school with a 161.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:29 pm

ozarkhack wrote:
Inygma wrote:Received a nice e-mail today from admissions. I was awarded a small scholarship, renewable all 3 years. My need-based was also raised a bit. Estimating 1L at $40k, I almost have 1L payed for!
Wow. Congratulations. Very nice.

And Xizenta: Enjoy your desirable LSAT score and surely higher-ranked schools. I am jealous, for sure. But no need to come shit in everybody's apple pie.

Sincerely,

Some hick who got into a crap school with a 161.
:lol:

Xizenta

Bronze

Post by Xizenta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Xizenta wrote:
Italia8183 wrote:

HTH
Basically for three reasons:
1: I wasn't as informed as I am now about career prospects after graduation. I thought that 15% placed into biglaw, and now I think that it will be more like 5% for our class.
2: I thought that if I did not get into Hastings, I would attend Davis and shoot to transfer to a better school after 1L, such as USC or UCLA. Later I learned that transferring schools has it's own consequences, etc.
3: I had a 166 at the time and Davis was on the upper end of my options, obviously that changed with the new score...

So basically, my situation has just changed. Anyway, my train of thought now is more along the lines of - well, Davis doesn't open any doors to biglaw anyway, which means I would be getting one of those sub-80k jobs upon graduation... Why not attend a lower ranked school in a town I prefer by a long shot, and probably with a scholarship. The lower ranked school will get me a job of the same paygrade without a problem.

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Later I learned that transferring schools has it's own consequences, etc.
like? Most schools let transfers participate in L2 OCI's, so you can say you finished at the top of your class at your old school and get the job interviews and opportunities your new school has....am I missing something?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah, congrats! Did you already pay the seat deposit or is this a way for them to convince you to commit? I know you're considering other schools too.

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Sweet dude! I bet they saw that you are the only one on here "officially" committed to Davis on the TLS 2013 page. :wink: Man, I could use a little of that money love action too!

cali gal

New

Post by cali gal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Could this be the day that Davis shows all us hoepfuls waiting some good news?

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 pm

drdolittle wrote:
Yeah, congrats! Did you already pay the seat deposit or is this a way for them to convince you to commit? I know you're considering other schools too.
No seat deposit yet, but will be submitting it once I receive my official Financial Aid package.
calgal17 wrote:
Sweet dude! I bet they saw that you are the only one on here "officially" committed to Davis on the TLS 2013 page. :wink: Man, I could use a little of that money love action too!
Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawman2010

Bronze

Post by lawman2010 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm

J Burrito wrote:
lawman2010 wrote:Waitlisted :( Also on waitlist at Hastings. Crap!
Did they just email you? How'd your find out?
I checked the status checker and the first thing I saw was the Waitlist Form. Then I looked at status and my decision letter was there.

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:17 pm

1: I wasn't as informed as I am now about career prospects after graduation. I thought that 15% placed into biglaw, and now I think that it will be more like 5% for our class.
2: I thought that if I did not get into Hastings, I would attend Davis and shoot to transfer to a better school after 1L, such as USC or UCLA. Later I learned that transferring schools has it's own consequences, etc.
3: I had a 166 at the time and Davis was on the upper end of my options, obviously that changed with the new score...

So basically, my situation has just changed. Anyway, my train of thought now is more along the lines of - well, Davis doesn't open any doors to biglaw anyway, which means I would be getting one of those sub-80k jobs upon graduation... Why not attend a lower ranked school in a town I prefer by a long shot, and probably with a scholarship. The lower ranked school will get me a job of the same paygrade without a problem
Probably all true. But why shit on Davis when you are planning on going to an even "piece of crap"[-pier] school. You just sound bitter.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:20 pm

for those who were accepted when is the deposit due by? im trying to get a sense on when they'll take a look at waitlists.

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 pm

finalaspects wrote:for those who were accepted when is the deposit due by? im trying to get a sense on when they'll take a look at waitlists.
Deposit is due April 15th. Right after the ASD :shock:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Xizenta

Bronze

Post by Xizenta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:56 pm

yo! wrote:

So basically, my situation has just changed. Anyway, my train of thought now is more along the lines of - well, Davis doesn't open any doors to biglaw anyway, which means I would be getting one of those sub-80k jobs upon graduation... Why not attend a lower ranked school in a town I prefer by a long shot, and probably with a scholarship. The lower ranked school will get me a job of the same paygrade without a problem
Probably all true. But why shit on Davis when you are planning on going to an even "piece of crap"[-pier] school. You just sound bitter.
Well, I'm not planning on it. I'm hoping for NW, Cornell, Gulc, USC, or Vandy... but if it came down to it, i think i might choose loyola or USD over davis.

Anyway, I wasn't really serious about calling Davis a shitty school, but you must admit it is a little bit funny that they waitisted me... :lol: I called the school crap because they apparently don't know what they are doing in admissions - Apps take forever to evaluate, the location is unappealing, etc. Still, only half serious... I would go to Davis if I lived in the area.

Italia8183

New

Post by Italia8183 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:06 pm

No movement, still "evaluation in progress" :?

Nat1018

Bronze

Post by Nat1018 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Italia8183 wrote:No movement, still "evaluation in progress" :?

Same here...I'm starting to hate this school

Italia8183

New

Post by Italia8183 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Nat1018 wrote:
Italia8183 wrote:No movement, still "evaluation in progress" :?

Same here...I'm starting to hate this school
I'm starting to get a little frustrated as well...oh well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”