For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Neil

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Neil » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:29 pm

ccourt14 wrote:I was wondering if any of the people that received an acceptance so far received information about a travel stipend. I just spoke with a lady in admissions and she said they only award that money to certain students and that it would be in the admissions email.

I received a travel stipend "up to $200" in my "Admitted Students Bulletin Board" e-mail. This seems to be neither a matter of merit (I did not receive the bit about being considered for a scholarship) nor a matter of distance from STL (I was offered the stipend in NY, someone in CA was not). Not sure what to make of it...

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:31 pm

emailed them today to express my curiosity in the least annoying way possible, they emailed back saying that while the date change could mean different things, what it does not mean is that the committee "looked at your app." im guessing this alludes to DR or imminent DR. what im still wondering is whether or not the status changes this early in their "acceptance season" where theyve decided to reject you in april?
my skin is crawling.

Doodsmack

Postby Doodsmack » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:33 pm

joshlyman wrote:emailed them today to express my curiosity in the least annoying way possible, they emailed back saying that while the date change could mean different things, what it does [strike]not[/strike] mean is that the committee "looked at your app." im guessing this alludes to DR or imminent DR. what im still wondering is whether or not the status changes this early in their "acceptance season" where theyve decided to reject you in april?
my skin is crawling.

Is my edit to your post correct?

ccourt14

Postby ccourt14 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Neil wrote:
ccourt14 wrote:I was wondering if any of the people that received an acceptance so far received information about a travel stipend. I just spoke with a lady in admissions and she said they only award that money to certain students and that it would be in the admissions email.

I received a travel stipend "up to $200" in my "Admitted Students Bulletin Board" e-mail. This seems to be neither a matter of merit (I did not receive the bit about being considered for a scholarship) nor a matter of distance from STL (I was offered the stipend in NY, someone in CA was not). Not sure what to make of it...

Yeah, mine doesn't say anything. I wonder how they give those out.

mi-chan17

Postby mi-chan17 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:35 pm

ccourt14 wrote:
Neil wrote:

I got the stipend too. The email claims that it's based on "academic credentials", but I can't see any other data that would support that assertion.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Joshlyman (post edit) -- I hope so... imminent decision is better than nothing.

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Doodsmack wrote:
joshlyman wrote:emailed them today to express my curiosity in the least annoying way possible, they emailed back saying that while the date change could mean different things, what it does [strike]not[/strike] mean is that the committee "looked at your app." im guessing this alludes to DR or imminent DR. what im still wondering is whether or not the status changes this early in their "acceptance season" where theyve decided to reject you in april?
my skin is crawling.

Is my edit to your post correct?

sorry I didn't word that properly. what I meant to say is that the date change does not reflect that your application was on their table that day...as in my biggest worry was that they just change the date when they see your application and discuss it that day. the conclusion im trying to draw from them is that the date change does reflect a DR or something of the sort.

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:39 pm

mi-chan17 wrote:
ccourt14 wrote:
Neil wrote:

I got the stipend too. The email claims that it's based on "academic credentials", but I can't see any other data that would support that assertion.

Im pretty sure everyone gets that. I have a friend who goes there now, that's what she said (lol)

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:40 pm

given their timing with decisions lets hope so. imminent decision looks green statistically.

mizzoutigers88

Postby mizzoutigers88 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Just checked that my status was updated to 1/26 (previously went complete in early October)

I am a reverse-splitter (161/3.9).

WUSTL is my #1...

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm

:) this 1/26 group is getting bigger and bigger.. please let it be acceptances.

mizzoutigers88

Postby mizzoutigers88 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:14 pm

luckyjd wrote::) this 1/26 group is getting bigger and bigger.. please let it be acceptances.

I'm bracing for the worst...unfortunately, 161 non-URMs are a rare breed at WUSTL

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:15 pm

still at 12/4 (second update)....c'mon WUSTL

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:16 pm

mizzoutigers88 wrote:
luckyjd wrote::) this 1/26 group is getting bigger and bigger.. please let it be acceptances.

I'm bracing for the worst...unfortunately, 161 non-URMs are a rare breed at WUSTL

But you've been complete forever. It almost seems like wustl was handpicking its auto admits first and has now gotten to you. They need you to bring up the GPA for the rest of us 167 or greater, 3.3 or less folks.

javale24

Postby javale24 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:18 pm

i just checked my status... got the 1/26 update too...hopefully this is a batch of acceptances...163/3.3 URM

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

1/26 seems to be a bunch of auto admit splitters, some URM, and a couple lower lsat non-urm. pleeeeease wustl pleeeeeeeeease!

lsatbdog

Postby lsatbdog » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but I think it should be noted WashU does not use true rolling admissions. They review applications in blocks, ie September to November is one block, December to February is another (those aren't the actual dates, but I know they are big chunks of time). This was told to me by the Dean of Admissions. What exactly that means for those waiting to hear back, I can't be sure, but I thought it was worth pointing out. If anything, I think it works against the idea that those who just had a decison made are all in, but someone mentioned that last year they didn't send out any rejections until April, so who knows.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah, with the UVA ding today, a Wash U acceptance would be lovely.

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

:lol: i'm so happy i'm not alone waiting to figure out what the 1/26 update means. please let it be good news. i need some good news!!

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Let us hear tomorrow! Tomorrow please! AHHH!!!

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:57 pm

robin600 wrote:Let us hear tomorrow! Tomorrow please! AHHH!!!

+10000

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 pm

i hope we just hear....hearing around this time in their cycle looks goooooood

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 pm

joshlyman wrote:i hope we just hear....hearing around this time in their cycle looks goooooood

Yeah but I want to hear tomorrow, because then I have an excuse to drink this weekend! :mrgreen:

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:09 pm

robin600 wrote:
joshlyman wrote:i hope we just hear....hearing around this time in their cycle looks goooooood

Yeah but I want to hear tomorrow, because then I have an excuse to drink this weekend! :mrgreen:

+10000000 :D

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm

oh theres always an excuse :twisted:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”