For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MBZags

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:52 am

Hahaha well, we're not really done until May, but I only have a comprehensive project for my major to do this semester, and it has to be done by March.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:04 am

MBZags wrote:
najumobi wrote:
MBZags wrote:I'm going to be driving in from Washington state so there sure as hell better be beers.
omg...why?on a tangential point, the drive from spokane to seattle is a very nice one.
Definitely man, the drive across I-90 is pretty sick scenery-wise. You from around here?
no, but i worked in seattle (everett) one summer.

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 am

I hope this doesn't burst anyone's bubble about the 1/26 batch being admits but my numbers definitely wouldn't get me into WU and mine updated to 1/26 from 11/23. Let's just say that I'm pretty close to their 25th percentile scores. Who know's though, I'm a URM with some pretty unusual soft factors, I might have squeaked by somehow or this could just be a committe review update. I guess we'll find out here shortly. I"m hoping that this is an admit update. I think if I got admitted, I'd vomit in my mouth, start crying, pass out and then choke to death on my own regurgitated breakfast. Thus, ending my law school career before it even got started.

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:13 am

clwilson6 wrote:I hope this doesn't burst anyone's bubble about the 1/26 batch being admits but my numbers definitely wouldn't get me into WU and mine updated to 1/26 from 11/23. Let's just say that I'm pretty close to their 25th percentile scores. Who know's though, I'm a URM with some pretty unusual soft factors, I might have squeaked by somehow or this could just be a committe review update. I guess we'll find out here shortly. I"m hoping that this is an admit update. I think if I got admitted, I'd vomit in my mouth, start crying, pass out and then choke to death on my own regurgitated breakfast. Thus, ending my law school career before it even got started.

I know what you mean. my lsat is just above their 25th. i said it already before but im not going to worry about the 1/26 group being
negative until i see a flurry of posts about emails but my inbox is empty. hoping and praying more today.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:21 am

Hmmn...did anyone who went complete around the 5th of january have any action....I'm happy i didnt get the 1-26 status or else id be freaking out. alas, still at 1-5

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:23 am

clwilson6 wrote:I hope this doesn't burst anyone's bubble about the 1/26 batch being admits but my numbers definitely wouldn't get me into WU and mine updated to 1/26 from 11/23. Let's just say that I'm pretty close to their 25th percentile scores. Who know's though, I'm a URM with some pretty unusual soft factors, I might have squeaked by somehow or this could just be a committe review update. I guess we'll find out here shortly. I"m hoping that this is an admit update. I think if I got admitted, I'd vomit in my mouth, start crying, pass out and then choke to death on my own regurgitated breakfast. Thus, ending my law school career before it even got started.
what kind of urm are you black/hispanic/NA?
i think all of 1/26 are in. wustl didn't start giving non-admit decisions last year until april 1st.

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:31 am

najumobi wrote:
i think all of 1/26 are in. wustl didn't start giving non-admit decisions last year until april 1st.

AA/NA, NT, retired military with combat tours, paralegal, senior office manager for a US Marine Judge Advocate's office, crazy childhood background and even crazier life experiences. Didn't have much time during my service to study for the LSAT and didn't do nearly as well as I'd liked. Had to bounce around to eight different undergrads to finish my degree due to military service and my GPA shows it. Wrote addendums about all of this. Was hoping all of this info helped my chances. I'm hoping WU took notice and cut me a huss.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:32 am

clwilson6 wrote:
najumobi wrote:

AA/NA, NT, retired military with combat tours, paralegal, senior office manager for a US Marine Judge Advocate's office, crazy childhood background and even crazier life experiences. Didn't have much time during my service to study for the LSAT and didn't do nearly as well as I'd liked. Had to bounce around to eight different undergrads to finish my degree due to military service and my GPA shows it. Wrote addendums about all of this. Was hoping all of this info helped my chances. I'm hoping WU took notice and cut me a huss.

They love their urms. Have you seen law school numbers- seems like 3.x gpa/ 162/3 /urm status is auto admit

http://washu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats ... Cycle=0910

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:41 am

clwilson6 wrote:
najumobi wrote:
i took a look at your profile. wustl accepted half the applicants with around your stats last year. the other half were waitlisted. i think you'll get in, especially considering your softs.

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am

najumobi wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:
najumobi wrote:
i took a look at your profile. wustl accepted half the applicants with around your stats last year. the other half were waitlisted. i think you'll get in, especially considering your softs.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll take a look at the numbers again. Maybe that'll calm my nerves.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:56 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:Hmmn...did anyone who went complete around the 5th of january have any action....I'm happy i didnt get the 1-26 status or else id be freaking out. alas, still at 1-5

I think 1/5 was my original complete date. It's looking like the 1/26 update may not mean anything at all!

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:40 am

Sigh, time to move one... will wait for that third complete date now =/

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 am

Do people pronounce WUSTL like "whistle" but with the vowel sound heard in "woosh"?

I do.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Halibut6 wrote:Do people pronounce WUSTL like "whistle" but with the vowel sound heard in "woosh"?

I do.

I'm from the midwest, we've always called it WashU. As in, wash, you.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 pm

luckyjd wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:Do people pronounce WUSTL like "whistle" but with the vowel sound heard in "woosh"?

I do.

I'm from the midwest, we've always called it WashU. As in, wash, you.

Anyone on the east coast around where I live that has actually heard of the school calls it Wash U as well. Though many people out here either have never heard of it, or think I'm either talking about George Washington, or University of Washington.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:09 pm

I say woostull.

Anyway more obsessing on the 1/26 status change, you think Friday is the day?

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:11 pm

robin600 wrote:I say woostull.

hehe, i'm going to continue to think every day until i get the email is the day...

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:12 pm

1+ lol, me too

narkizopoint

Postby narkizopoint » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:12 pm

I say wuh-stool in my head but I'm from so. cali. Note to self, call it washU

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:18 pm

luckyjd wrote:

TITCR
FWIW I went there for undergrad.

Also, the university actually doesn't like being called "Wash U." We all called it Wash U., but around my junior year the made this major marketing push to make sure none of their branding contained Wash U. Even the shorts girls wore that had "WASH U" across the butt cheeks were no longer sold.

Now it's either WUSTL, or Washington U., or Washington U. StL, etc.

So anyone that knows the place calls it wash u. people that aren't super familiar but know of the schools rep will know what you mean when you say Washington U in St. Louis. When AT the school, be careful of calling it Wash U to administrators. Some don't care, some hate it.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Any updaters find out anything yet? grrr

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:17 pm

LSN had a bunch of people accepted on 1/25! Why is it only showing up today? Even though it was "updated" 2 days ago..

So of the people in this thread who got in on 1/25 (I think it was 3?), I think only 1 saw their complete date updated on 1/25... Others had an updated complete date before then. I don't know what that means, but I'm guessing that the 1/26 update was just our applications being moved... But hoping that it'll be decision soon?!

ccourt14

Postby ccourt14 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:25 pm

I was wondering if any of the people that received an acceptance so far received information about a travel stipend. I just spoke with a lady in admissions and she said they only award that money to certain students and that it would be in the admissions email.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”