For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
luckyjd

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:32 pm

J-tow10 wrote:Original complete date: 11/20
Updated complete date: 1/12
Not a peep since then

There were acceptances on 1/14 according to LSN. I wonder if those people received a status tracker change like yours... maybe they're taking their time with you. Someone mentioned they didn't get their acceptance until 2 weeks after change in status tracker or something.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:36 pm

luckyjd wrote:
Not a peep since then

There were acceptances on 1/14 according to LSN. I wonder if those people received a status tracker change like yours... maybe they're taking their time with you. Someone mentioned they didn't get their acceptance until 2 weeks after change in status tracker or something.

Well if its two weeks from a status change then a 1/12 update should be expecting a decision in a few days

K's Logic

Postby K's Logic » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:39 pm

luckyjd wrote:
Not a peep since then

I received my decision on 1/14 after a status date change earlier that day, but I also had a date change on 1/05 with nothing occuring until the 14th. My guess is that you guys will hear back in a few days.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:45 pm

blurbz wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:What are the odds all of you admits actually attend WUSTL?

Right now (keep in mind ive only heard back from one school) im like 92% sure I will end up here...it seems like WUSTL is like the TLS safety net. Personally, I loved my visit there, impressed by their programs/clinics and actually enjoyed St. Louis.

Would anyone be unhappy to attend wustl

I love it. I had a very nice visit, too.

If I got in and was able to get any kind of money, I think I would go. It certainly helps that my SO is from St. Louis and wants to move back...but if I went to WUSTL, it would be for me--the fact that she'd be ecstatic would just be icing on the cake. I just want to hear!

I'm very interested (hoping for some $$ to help that along), I definitely plan on visiting and am expecting to like the school as well as St. Louis. My only real reservation about the whole thing is that I really have no interest in staying in the Mid-West after graduation, I am 100% looking to live/work in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic and so I'm wondering if places like UGA might better suit my needs.

Notor

Postby Notor » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
Not a peep since then

Well if its two weeks from a status change then a 1/12 update should be expecting a decision in a few days

By this logic I would have heard about a decision in December... I didn't receive a decision in december

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Notor wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
Not a peep since then

By this logic I would have heard about a decision in December... I didn't receive a decision in december

Welcome to the club...

Numbers?

Original complete date?

Updated complete date?

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:52 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
Not a peep since then

Hmm, I guess some movement is better than none. Though I'm sure once I do hear back from WUSTL I'll be moving over to The Ding Bar thread.

Notor

Postby Notor » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:54 pm

blurbz wrote:
Welcome to the club...

Numbers?

Original complete date?

Updated complete date?

Check LSN

Doodsmack

Postby Doodsmack » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm

169/3.3

original complete: 12/17

updated complete: 1/26

Anyone else with an updated complete date of 1/26?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:02 pm

A bunch of us. The 1/26 group seems to be high lsat splitters...

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:06 pm

joshlyman wrote:couple stupid questions because im anxiety ridden.
as far as we can tell from WUSTL's admissions habits, does the 1/26 change reflect a collective decision or movement.......i.e. whatever it was its happening to us as a group or batch?

also, for those who eventually get waitlisted or rejected which as shown doesnt occur until later into the spring, does a change in their
status date occur at all until then?

if no one can answer thats fine...needed to put my worries into writing.

I think what happened was a batch. My numbers are similar to most of the people in the batch (167, 3.x) and nothing happened to mine. I called WashU and the person on the phone said that I was probably just not part of that batch, and that decisions aren't rolling.

I'm stuck at 12/21 complete :(

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 pm

interesting.
so are they confirming that it was a batch and that a decision was reached in the least? or am I reading too far into it....

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:11 pm

whuts4lunch wrote:I think what happened was a batch. My numbers are similar to most of the people in the batch (167, 3.x) and nothing happened to mine. I called WashU and the person on the phone said that I was probably just not part of that batch, and that decisions aren't rolling.

I'm stuck at 12/21 complete :(

Not to hijack your post but did the person on the phone happen to mention when the 1/26 batch would get emails?

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Notor wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
Not a peep since then

Was your status change in December a second or third time you got a complete date? I mean, of course, it's not a proof-free process. I'm just saying that it's a possibility since others have seen delayed acceptances as opposed to hearing it the same day as their status change.

I'm guessing the 1/26 people are going to see a third complete date before we get our decisions... =/

kp009

Postby kp009 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm very interested (hoping for some $$ to help that along), I definitely plan on visiting and am expecting to like the school as well as St. Louis. My only real reservation about the whole thing is that I really have no interest in staying in the Mid-West after graduation, I am 100% looking to live/work in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic and so I'm wondering if places like UGA might better suit my needs.[/quote]

+1. I'm in the same situation, I think I would have to get good $$ to head to the midwest.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:39 pm

kp009 wrote:
+1. I'm in the same situation, I think I would have to get good $$ to head to the midwest.

Isn't Emory good for that region?

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 pm

kp009 wrote:I'm very interested (hoping for some $$ to help that along), I definitely plan on visiting and am expecting to like the school as well as St. Louis. My only real reservation about the whole thing is that I really have no interest in staying in the Mid-West after graduation, I am 100% looking to live/work in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic and so I'm wondering if places like UGA might better suit my needs.

+1. I'm in the same situation, I think I would have to get good $$ to head to the midwest.[/quote]

+1. I've heard a lot of good things about WashU. But I'd like to stay in California...Who knows? We might be getting good $$ to convince us otherwise...

Updated complete 1/26. From what I've seen so far though, my numbers seem like exceptions compared to what everyone else has. I'm so glad to be part of this batch though. Crossing my fingers for some good news. :shock:

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 pm

luckyjd wrote:
Notor wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

Was your status change in December a second or third time you got a complete date? I mean, of course, it's not a proof-free process. I'm just saying that it's a possibility since others have seen delayed acceptances as opposed to hearing it the same day as their status change.

I'm guessing the 1/26 people are going to see a third complete date before we get our decisions... =/

I'd be really sad if that happened!
Original complete date: 9/24
New complete date: 1/26

email me please! Please be acceptances! If they wanted to ding us why would they update our file right?

moonmaster3

Postby moonmaster3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:05 pm

robin600 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
Notor wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

I'd be really sad if that happened!

email me please! Please be acceptances! If they wanted to ding us why would they update our file right?

They update your file to let you know they've come to a decision or are just now looking at your file. BC did the same thing to me and I got rejected.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:13 pm

moonmaster3 wrote:They update your file to let you know they've come to a decision or are just now looking at your file. BC did the same thing to me and I got rejected.

Yeah but didn't BC go to decision rendered and not complete? That's what mine did at least. And there was a message on the top of my status checker for BC, that doesn't apply to WUSTL...

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:17 pm

robin600 wrote:I'd be really sad if that happened!

Oh wow. You've been waiting forever... =/ I hope I'm wrong and there's no third complete date before decision (just for your sake). Well, I lie, for my sake, too... hehe

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:What are the odds all of you admits actually attend WUSTL?

Right now (keep in mind ive only heard back from one school) im like 92% sure I will end up here...it seems like WUSTL is like the TLS safety net. Personally, I loved my visit there, impressed by their programs/clinics and actually enjoyed St. Louis.

Would anyone be unhappy to attend wustl

I liked it their when I visited and I'm more than happy to be going to law school there(I'm pretty sure thats where I will be in the fall), hell I'm happy to be going to law school period, let alone a good law school.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Not that this means a ton as far as their law school goes, but I have a number of friends who went there for undergrad, and they all absolutely rave about how great Wash U is.

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:14 pm

do their admission tendencies suggest that they update only when they have reached a decision? this would seem to be the most telling detail
given the timing of it and the fact that their unfavorable decisions occur later in the cycle...at least thats what the data suggests.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 pm

joshlyman wrote:do their admission tendencies suggest that they update only when they have reached a decision? this would seem to be the most telling detail
given the timing of it and the fact that their unfavorable decisions occur later in the cycle...at least thats what the data suggests.

no, I was updated to 12/4, back on 12/4 and haven't heard a peep since.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”