For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:32 pm

J-tow10 wrote:Original complete date: 11/20
Updated complete date: 1/12
Not a peep since then


There were acceptances on 1/14 according to LSN. I wonder if those people received a status tracker change like yours... maybe they're taking their time with you. Someone mentioned they didn't get their acceptance until 2 weeks after change in status tracker or something.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:36 pm

luckyjd wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Original complete date: 11/20
Updated complete date: 1/12
Not a peep since then


There were acceptances on 1/14 according to LSN. I wonder if those people received a status tracker change like yours... maybe they're taking their time with you. Someone mentioned they didn't get their acceptance until 2 weeks after change in status tracker or something.



Well if its two weeks from a status change then a 1/12 update should be expecting a decision in a few days

K's Logic
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:43 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby K's Logic » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:39 pm

luckyjd wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Original complete date: 11/20
Updated complete date: 1/12
Not a peep since then


There were acceptances on 1/14 according to LSN. I wonder if those people received a status tracker change like yours... maybe they're taking their time with you. Someone mentioned they didn't get their acceptance until 2 weeks after change in status tracker or something.


I received my decision on 1/14 after a status date change earlier that day, but I also had a date change on 1/05 with nothing occuring until the 14th. My guess is that you guys will hear back in a few days.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:45 pm

blurbz wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:What are the odds all of you admits actually attend WUSTL?

Right now (keep in mind ive only heard back from one school) im like 92% sure I will end up here...it seems like WUSTL is like the TLS safety net. Personally, I loved my visit there, impressed by their programs/clinics and actually enjoyed St. Louis.

Would anyone be unhappy to attend wustl

I love it. I had a very nice visit, too.

If I got in and was able to get any kind of money, I think I would go. It certainly helps that my SO is from St. Louis and wants to move back...but if I went to WUSTL, it would be for me--the fact that she'd be ecstatic would just be icing on the cake. I just want to hear!

I'm very interested (hoping for some $$ to help that along), I definitely plan on visiting and am expecting to like the school as well as St. Louis. My only real reservation about the whole thing is that I really have no interest in staying in the Mid-West after graduation, I am 100% looking to live/work in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic and so I'm wondering if places like UGA might better suit my needs.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Notor » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Original complete date: 11/20
Updated complete date: 1/12
Not a peep since then


There were acceptances on 1/14 according to LSN. I wonder if those people received a status tracker change like yours... maybe they're taking their time with you. Someone mentioned they didn't get their acceptance until 2 weeks after change in status tracker or something.



Well if its two weeks from a status change then a 1/12 update should be expecting a decision in a few days

By this logic I would have heard about a decision in December... I didn't receive a decision in december

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby blurbz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Notor wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Original complete date: 11/20
Updated complete date: 1/12
Not a peep since then


There were acceptances on 1/14 according to LSN. I wonder if those people received a status tracker change like yours... maybe they're taking their time with you. Someone mentioned they didn't get their acceptance until 2 weeks after change in status tracker or something.



Well if its two weeks from a status change then a 1/12 update should be expecting a decision in a few days

By this logic I would have heard about a decision in December... I didn't receive a decision in december



Welcome to the club...

Numbers?

Original complete date?

Updated complete date?

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby J-tow10 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:52 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Original complete date: 11/20
Updated complete date: 1/12
Not a peep since then


There were acceptances on 1/14 according to LSN. I wonder if those people received a status tracker change like yours... maybe they're taking their time with you. Someone mentioned they didn't get their acceptance until 2 weeks after change in status tracker or something.



Well if its two weeks from a status change then a 1/12 update should be expecting a decision in a few days



Hmm, I guess some movement is better than none. Though I'm sure once I do hear back from WUSTL I'll be moving over to The Ding Bar thread.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Notor » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:54 pm

blurbz wrote:
Welcome to the club...

Numbers?

Original complete date?

Updated complete date?

Check LSN

Doodsmack
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Doodsmack » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm

169/3.3

original complete: 12/17

updated complete: 1/26

Anyone else with an updated complete date of 1/26?

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby blurbz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:02 pm

A bunch of us. The 1/26 group seems to be high lsat splitters...

User avatar
whuts4lunch
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby whuts4lunch » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:06 pm

joshlyman wrote:couple stupid questions because im anxiety ridden.
as far as we can tell from WUSTL's admissions habits, does the 1/26 change reflect a collective decision or movement.......i.e. whatever it was its happening to us as a group or batch?

also, for those who eventually get waitlisted or rejected which as shown doesnt occur until later into the spring, does a change in their
status date occur at all until then?

if no one can answer thats fine...needed to put my worries into writing.


I think what happened was a batch. My numbers are similar to most of the people in the batch (167, 3.x) and nothing happened to mine. I called WashU and the person on the phone said that I was probably just not part of that batch, and that decisions aren't rolling.

I'm stuck at 12/21 complete :(

joshlyman
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby joshlyman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 pm

interesting.
so are they confirming that it was a batch and that a decision was reached in the least? or am I reading too far into it....

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby fathergoose » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:11 pm

whuts4lunch wrote:I think what happened was a batch. My numbers are similar to most of the people in the batch (167, 3.x) and nothing happened to mine. I called WashU and the person on the phone said that I was probably just not part of that batch, and that decisions aren't rolling.

I'm stuck at 12/21 complete :(


Not to hijack your post but did the person on the phone happen to mention when the 1/26 batch would get emails?

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Notor wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Original complete date: 11/20
Updated complete date: 1/12
Not a peep since then


There were acceptances on 1/14 according to LSN. I wonder if those people received a status tracker change like yours... maybe they're taking their time with you. Someone mentioned they didn't get their acceptance until 2 weeks after change in status tracker or something.



Well if its two weeks from a status change then a 1/12 update should be expecting a decision in a few days

By this logic I would have heard about a decision in December... I didn't receive a decision in december


Was your status change in December a second or third time you got a complete date? I mean, of course, it's not a proof-free process. I'm just saying that it's a possibility since others have seen delayed acceptances as opposed to hearing it the same day as their status change.

I'm guessing the 1/26 people are going to see a third complete date before we get our decisions... =/

User avatar
kp009
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:56 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby kp009 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm very interested (hoping for some $$ to help that along), I definitely plan on visiting and am expecting to like the school as well as St. Louis. My only real reservation about the whole thing is that I really have no interest in staying in the Mid-West after graduation, I am 100% looking to live/work in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic and so I'm wondering if places like UGA might better suit my needs.[/quote]

+1. I'm in the same situation, I think I would have to get good $$ to head to the midwest.

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:39 pm

kp009 wrote:
+1. I'm in the same situation, I think I would have to get good $$ to head to the midwest.


Isn't Emory good for that region?

User avatar
Island Girl
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Island Girl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 pm

kp009 wrote:I'm very interested (hoping for some $$ to help that along), I definitely plan on visiting and am expecting to like the school as well as St. Louis. My only real reservation about the whole thing is that I really have no interest in staying in the Mid-West after graduation, I am 100% looking to live/work in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic and so I'm wondering if places like UGA might better suit my needs.


+1. I'm in the same situation, I think I would have to get good $$ to head to the midwest.[/quote]

+1. I've heard a lot of good things about WashU. But I'd like to stay in California...Who knows? We might be getting good $$ to convince us otherwise...

Updated complete 1/26. From what I've seen so far though, my numbers seem like exceptions compared to what everyone else has. I'm so glad to be part of this batch though. Crossing my fingers for some good news. :shock:

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 pm

luckyjd wrote:
Notor wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
Well if its two weeks from a status change then a 1/12 update should be expecting a decision in a few days

By this logic I would have heard about a decision in December... I didn't receive a decision in december


Was your status change in December a second or third time you got a complete date? I mean, of course, it's not a proof-free process. I'm just saying that it's a possibility since others have seen delayed acceptances as opposed to hearing it the same day as their status change.

I'm guessing the 1/26 people are going to see a third complete date before we get our decisions... =/

I'd be really sad if that happened!
Original complete date: 9/24
New complete date: 1/26

email me please! Please be acceptances! If they wanted to ding us why would they update our file right?

moonmaster3
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby moonmaster3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:05 pm

robin600 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:
Notor wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
Well if its two weeks from a status change then a 1/12 update should be expecting a decision in a few days

By this logic I would have heard about a decision in December... I didn't receive a decision in december


Was your status change in December a second or third time you got a complete date? I mean, of course, it's not a proof-free process. I'm just saying that it's a possibility since others have seen delayed acceptances as opposed to hearing it the same day as their status change.

I'm guessing the 1/26 people are going to see a third complete date before we get our decisions... =/

I'd be really sad if that happened!
Original complete date: 9/24
New complete date: 1/26

email me please! Please be acceptances! If they wanted to ding us why would they update our file right?


They update your file to let you know they've come to a decision or are just now looking at your file. BC did the same thing to me and I got rejected.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:13 pm

moonmaster3 wrote:They update your file to let you know they've come to a decision or are just now looking at your file. BC did the same thing to me and I got rejected.

Yeah but didn't BC go to decision rendered and not complete? That's what mine did at least. And there was a message on the top of my status checker for BC, that doesn't apply to WUSTL...

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:17 pm

robin600 wrote:I'd be really sad if that happened!
Original complete date: 9/24
New complete date: 1/26

email me please! Please be acceptances! If they wanted to ding us why would they update our file right?


Oh wow. You've been waiting forever... =/ I hope I'm wrong and there's no third complete date before decision (just for your sake). Well, I lie, for my sake, too... hehe

User avatar
Joga Bonito
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Joga Bonito » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:What are the odds all of you admits actually attend WUSTL?

Right now (keep in mind ive only heard back from one school) im like 92% sure I will end up here...it seems like WUSTL is like the TLS safety net. Personally, I loved my visit there, impressed by their programs/clinics and actually enjoyed St. Louis.

Would anyone be unhappy to attend wustl


I liked it their when I visited and I'm more than happy to be going to law school there(I'm pretty sure thats where I will be in the fall), hell I'm happy to be going to law school period, let alone a good law school.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Not that this means a ton as far as their law school goes, but I have a number of friends who went there for undergrad, and they all absolutely rave about how great Wash U is.

joshlyman
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby joshlyman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:14 pm

do their admission tendencies suggest that they update only when they have reached a decision? this would seem to be the most telling detail
given the timing of it and the fact that their unfavorable decisions occur later in the cycle...at least thats what the data suggests.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 pm

joshlyman wrote:do their admission tendencies suggest that they update only when they have reached a decision? this would seem to be the most telling detail
given the timing of it and the fact that their unfavorable decisions occur later in the cycle...at least thats what the data suggests.

no, I was updated to 12/4, back on 12/4 and haven't heard a peep since.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mm2368, Solidfood, TudoBem and 13 guests