For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fathergoose

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby fathergoose » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Eruannon wrote:Anyone with the status change today receive word yet?

nope and it's stressing me out. I feel like breaking down like Matt Damon at the end of the Entourage finale.

"You gave me your word Vince, you gave lebron your word, SEND ME THE F$&@#*£ CHECK VINCE!"

djgoldbe

Postby djgoldbe » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:12 pm

vanstone22 wrote:
jmaan wrote:
DoctorNick189 wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:USC and WUSTL are so closely ranked, any thoughts on why USC is harder when it comes to admissions?

Not sure it's necessarily harder, it's just that USC seems to impose a higher GPA cutoff than WUSTL does. At this point, I think USC might be the only school that could sway me from going to WUSTL...

this...
USC is a more desirable school to most

Yeah, I can really see the draw to Compton over St. Louis...

As someone who has grown up in the midwest (which I assume most WUSTL applicants are) and went to USC undergrad I can chime in I guess. First of all, the whole idea of USC being in 'compton' is garbage. It isn't. Sure it has some crime but really it isn't all that bad and I wouldn't put security scares in your list of concerns of going. However, that isn't to say the area is nice. Housing is INSANELY overpriced, to get my own room and have rent under 1k (I paid 850 to share a 2 bedroom with no living room) per month I had to live ~1.75 miles away from campus (which is the point where you are around locals not students). There is no real college 'town' to speak of, thus there are very few restaurants around the immediate area, and driving around dinner time is terrible. For me personally, I found it to be overly crowded and a bit dirty compared to the midwest (chicago).

That isn't to bash USC. The campus is beautiful and the weather is obviously great. And, security is not a huge issue. However, as someone who has been there for undergrad I would personally didn't even apply to USC as I could not take another 3 years of paying through the roof and eating unhealthy food and not being able to see nature without going for a long drive. UCLA would be a different story (I did apply there).

** Oh I will also add that while USC's campus is beautiful the law school itself is pretty much one big 'bleh' building. Not really a place you'd hang out socially.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:21 pm

past 5pm EST already (last week's accepted students heard around then). maybe wustl is playing with us. =/

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:35 pm

Eruannon wrote:Anyone with the status change today receive word yet?

Just noticed I got the status change today too 1/26. Nervous, any idea? Was complete 9/24 before that.

jmaan

Postby jmaan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:38 pm

vanstone22 wrote:
jmaan wrote:
DoctorNick189 wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:USC and WUSTL are so closely ranked, any thoughts on why USC is harder when it comes to admissions?

Not sure it's necessarily harder, it's just that USC seems to impose a higher GPA cutoff than WUSTL does. At this point, I think USC might be the only school that could sway me from going to WUSTL...

this...
USC is a more desirable school to most

generally speaking CA>>>Midwest
we can have a poll if u want

vanstone22

Postby vanstone22 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:39 pm

djgoldbe wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:

As someone who has grown up in the midwest (which I assume most WUSTL applicants are) and went to USC undergrad I can chime in I guess. First of all, the whole idea of USC being in 'compton' is garbage. It isn't. Sure it has some crime but really it isn't all that bad and I wouldn't put security scares in your list of concerns of going. However, that isn't to say the area is nice. Housing is INSANELY overpriced, to get my own room and have rent under 1k (I paid 850 to share a 2 bedroom with no living room) per month I had to live ~1.75 miles away from campus (which is the point where you are around locals not students). There is no real college 'town' to speak of, thus there are very few restaurants around the immediate area, and driving around dinner time is terrible. For me personally, I found it to be overly crowded and a bit dirty compared to the midwest (chicago).

That isn't to bash USC. The campus is beautiful and the weather is obviously great. And, security is not a huge issue. However, as someone who has been there for undergrad I would personally didn't even apply to USC as I could not take another 3 years of paying through the roof and eating unhealthy food and not being able to see nature without going for a long drive. UCLA would be a different story (I did apply there).

** Oh I will also add that while USC's campus is beautiful the law school itself is pretty much one big 'bleh' building. Not really a place you'd hang out socially.

I agree 100%

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:43 pm

So absolutely nothing has gone my way today, and I think I'm about ready to chug my glass of wine and call it a night before I end up with a rejection email. It may be time for me to join the pessimism thread.

djgoldbe

Postby djgoldbe » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:46 pm

btw those waiting on e-mail, IIRC I got mine pretty late, like 6-7pm central.

Eruannon

Postby Eruannon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:49 pm

djgoldbe wrote:btw those waiting on e-mail, IIRC I got mine pretty late, like 6-7pm central.

Good to know, thanks a lot.

narkizopoint

Postby narkizopoint » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Went complete today. West Coast here, no email yet...hope it means something good to all those who also went complete today.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 pm

djgoldbe wrote:btw those waiting on e-mail, IIRC I got mine pretty late, like 6-7pm central.

you're prolonging my time on gmail... :shock:

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Anything?

...Nothing here.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Not cool WUSTL, not cool

maybe tomorrow I guess

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:32 pm

fathergoose wrote:Not cool WUSTL, not cool

maybe tomorrow I guess

Here's hoping...

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Amen.

Good luck, everyone.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 pm

WUSTL... what a tease.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 pm

I wish I got some tease action :?

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Wait so nobody who got the status update got an email today? Confused

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:16 pm

That's what it looks like. Hopefully something tomorrow.

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:22 pm

USC is in LA, where WUSTL is in STL

narkizopoint

Postby narkizopoint » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 pm

jayzon wrote:Wait, are y'all worried about missing an email because you went "complete" today?

I've been complete for more than two weeks; no decision at all.

I kind of jumped through the thread but I got the sense that some people who went complete earlier got a decision the same day. I think that's what we're obsessing over-at least that's why I've been checking the email and this site every couple of minutes since I looked at my status checker.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 pm

No.

We all went complete originally in December. The date was then updated to today's date. For others, this has happened on the day that they are admitted.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks--hopefully you'll hear soon, too!

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:50 pm

but are we in some sort of agreement that theres a strong possibility of admit? like everyone here that went complete ive been scouring LSN and it seems pretty clear that no denials or waitlist decisions were made before late march to april....are we all in a "batch" so to speak?

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 pm

joshlyman wrote:but are we in some sort of agreement that theres a strong possibility of admit? like everyone here that went complete ive been scouring LSN and it seems pretty clear that no denials or waitlist decisions were made before late march to april....are we all in a "batch" so to speak?

i think we're in a hopeful agreement. hehe. :) there are no guarantees. some people said they didn't hear until 1-2 weeks after they had a new complete. for all we know, we might have to go through a third complete status (hopefully not).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”