For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:34 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby fathergoose » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
fathergoose wrote:What time zone is WUSTL in? Do they send emails out past 5?

Basically, do I need to complusively press refresh on my gmail for 2.5 or 3.5 more hours?

STL is central time.


3.5 hours it is then

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Eruannon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Another splitter here who had a status change today (01/26).

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby scribelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:38 pm

fathergoose wrote:What time zone is WUSTL in? Do they send emails out past 5?

Basically, do I need to complusively press refresh on my gmail for 2.5 or 3.5 more hours?


I got my acceptance e-mail yesterday, a little bit after 5 p.m. EST.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

scribelaw wrote:
fathergoose wrote:What time zone is WUSTL in? Do they send emails out past 5?

Basically, do I need to complusively press refresh on my gmail for 2.5 or 3.5 more hours?


I got my acceptance e-mail yesterday, a little bit after 5 p.m. EST.


Did your status checker change before this happened?

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Beatrice wrote:Did your status checker change before this happened?

Mine did last week the day I was accepted.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:53 pm

I will now jump every time I get an email until midnight my time. haha

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Beatrice wrote:I will now jump every time I get an email until midnight my time. haha

:mrgreen: GOOD LUCK!!!

Elysium09
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Elysium09 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:11 pm

It seems that only acceptances are sent out up until April, at which time waitlists, rejections, and such are then sent out. So can we feel good about an acceptance?

i got this info from lawschoolnumbers

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:15 pm

What does the status checker change to before you get a decision?

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Neil » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Elysium09 wrote:It seems that only acceptances are sent out up until April, at which time waitlists, rejections, and such are then sent out. So can we feel good about an acceptance?

i got this info from lawschoolnumbers


I definitely don't think a change in your complete date is a bad thing, but I wouldn't count on an acceptance at this point-- mine changed to a new complete date 12 days before I got accepted whereas some others were accepted that night. This gives me the impression that sometimes a change in complete date does not equal "decision rendered"... possibly just that they've started looking at a new batch, and you're in it. Pure speculation, of course...

User avatar
ec2xs
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ec2xs » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 pm

My status also changed to Complete: 1/26/10. No email. Anxiety.

User avatar
Snoopy1216
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Snoopy1216 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Are y'all high splitters (auto-admit splitters (if there is such a thing))? Because for those of us whose complete status has not changed....

Edit: Ugh, is anyone still stuck at a 12/1 completion date?

User avatar
jmaan
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jmaan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:Are y'all high splitters (auto-admit splitters (if there is such a thing))? Because for those of us whose complete status has not changed....

Edit: Ugh, is anyone still stuck at a 12/1 completion date?


according to LSP ya, auto-admit

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Eruannon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:Are y'all high splitters (auto-admit splitters (if there is such a thing))? Because for those of us whose complete status has not changed....

Edit: Ugh, is anyone still stuck at a 12/1 completion date?


GPA is well below bottom 25% but LSAT beats the top 75%

Jockin Jay-Z
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm not a splitter, but an LSP auto-admit and I got the changed complete date, so I'm optimistic.

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:Are y'all high splitters (auto-admit splitters (if there is such a thing))? Because for those of us whose complete status has not changed....

Edit: Ugh, is anyone still stuck at a 12/1 completion date?


I don't know what an auto-admit for WUSTL would be, but I understand your frustration. Maybe they're just doing it in batches... I'm above median LSAT below median GPA, was complete 12/29 originally.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm 25% GPA, above 75% LSAT.

User avatar
vanstone22
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby vanstone22 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:38 pm

USC and WUSTL are so closely ranked, any thoughts on why USC is harder when it comes to admissions?

LifeinKodachrome
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby LifeinKodachrome » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Beatrice wrote:I'm 25% GPA, above 75% LSAT.


same here.

User avatar
DoctorNick189
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby DoctorNick189 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:53 pm

vanstone22 wrote:USC and WUSTL are so closely ranked, any thoughts on why USC is harder when it comes to admissions?


Not sure it's necessarily harder, it's just that USC seems to impose a higher GPA cutoff than WUSTL does. At this point, I think USC might be the only school that could sway me from going to WUSTL...

User avatar
jmaan
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jmaan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:55 pm

DoctorNick189 wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:USC and WUSTL are so closely ranked, any thoughts on why USC is harder when it comes to admissions?


Not sure it's necessarily harder, it's just that USC seems to impose a higher GPA cutoff than WUSTL does. At this point, I think USC might be the only school that could sway me from going to WUSTL...


this...
USC is a more desirable school to most

User avatar
vanstone22
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby vanstone22 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:00 pm

jmaan wrote:
DoctorNick189 wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:USC and WUSTL are so closely ranked, any thoughts on why USC is harder when it comes to admissions?


Not sure it's necessarily harder, it's just that USC seems to impose a higher GPA cutoff than WUSTL does. At this point, I think USC might be the only school that could sway me from going to WUSTL...


this...
USC is a more desirable school to most



Yeah, I can really see the draw to Compton over St. Louis...

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Eruannon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Anyone with the status change today receive word yet?

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Nope, still waiting and hoping here...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, ladida88, sonyco and 9 guests