For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Geist13
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Geist13 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:If you did not receive any mention about scholarships in the acceptance e-mail does this mean you are not being considered for any merit scholarships?


I can't imagine they would have different versions of the email if there is no difference between the two. But the website says this: "Every applicant is automatically reviewed for scholarship consideration whether or not he or she applies for financial aid. " My guess is that the mention of the scholar in law scholarship mean you have made it through the first stage of the scholarship decisions or something like that.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby stratocophic » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Did anyone go complete before sending in the supplemental finaid form? It seems that it shouldn't affect admissions, and I'm hoping they don't wait for it to start looking at my decision.

wiseman
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby wiseman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:36 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:Just received acceptance e-mail!!! Status checker has not updated.

+1

User avatar
Chromakey
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Chromakey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 pm

barrinmb wrote:Did anyone go complete before sending in the supplemental finaid form? It seems that it shouldn't affect admissions, and I'm hoping they don't wait for it to start looking at my decision.



If it wasn't transmitted electronically with the application, then I didn't submit it yet. Went complete a few days after I submitted in late Oct. and got the decision email today.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby stratocophic » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Chromakey wrote:
barrinmb wrote:Did anyone go complete before sending in the supplemental finaid form? It seems that it shouldn't affect admissions, and I'm hoping they don't wait for it to start looking at my decision.



If it wasn't transmitted electronically with the application, then I didn't submit it yet. Went complete a few days after I submitted in late Oct. and got the decision email today.


In that case it won't be an issue, thanks a ton for the info. The supplemental form has to be mailed/filled out on WashU's website. I'm not sure if it's required or just helpful for them in some way.

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Neil » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:50 pm

MBZags wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:anyone with a first complete 12/14 or later get an updated date?


I was 1/5, and now I'm 1/13.


I notice on LSN you sent your app in October. Am I correct in assuming you had gone complete prior to January 5th as well? If that is the case, I think I can stop holding my breath for an acceptance this week, as everybody who got in today appears to have applied late October or early November, whereas I sent my app in November 30th. I'm led to believe that new "complete" dates don't necessarily mean that a decision is imminent on a particular applicant's file, so much as that they are going to start looking at another round of applications. Just guessing, of course...

EDIT: And also, of course, congrats! I bet, with those numbers, that this will be an exciting cycle for you...

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:58 pm

No, the first time I became complete was on 1/5. I submitted my application in October, but I asked them to hold it until they received the results from my December LSAT.

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Neil » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:06 pm

MBZags wrote:No, the first time I became complete was on 1/5. I submitted my application in October, but I asked them to hold it until they received the results from my December LSAT.


Ah, okay. Thanks for the update. I'm thinking they kept you in the October/early November application pile, since the latest "Sent" date on LSN is still early November. Could be that you were just an auto-admit. Either way, congrats.

User avatar
groundkontrol
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby groundkontrol » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:50 pm

I received the acceptance email over a month ago in mid-December. I haven't received anything in the mail yet though? Is this normal? Does anyone know about applying for scholarships?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:27 am

I'm still complete as of 9/24 no updates or anything, bad sign?

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:26 am

groundkontrol wrote:I received the acceptance email over a month ago in mid-December. I haven't received anything in the mail yet though? Is this normal? Does anyone know about applying for scholarships?


I don't think anyone has received anything in the mail yet. Here's more info: http://law.wustl.edu/news/index.asp?id=7490

I think someone in this thread said March for financial aid information.

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Integrity » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:29 am

I know WUSTL is nice to splitters, how about reverse splitters? I applied late October, went complete December, and complete again this month (updated transcript, I suppose). It's a top choice of mine!

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:47 am

Neil wrote:
MBZags wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:anyone with a first complete 12/14 or later get an updated date?


I was 1/5, and now I'm 1/13.


EDIT: And also, of course, congrats! I bet, with those numbers, that this will be an exciting cycle for you...


Neil - I feel like a dick. I never saw your edit. Thank you, though. :)

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Neil » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 pm

MBZags wrote:
Neil wrote:
MBZags wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:anyone with a first complete 12/14 or later get an updated date?


I was 1/5, and now I'm 1/13.


EDIT: And also, of course, congrats! I bet, with those numbers, that this will be an exciting cycle for you...


Neil - I feel like a dick. I never saw your edit. Thank you, though. :)


Ha, no worries. You gave me the info I wanted, which I'll take over a message board "thanks" any day... :P

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby J-tow10 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:42 pm

Integrity wrote:I know WUSTL is nice to splitters, how about reverse splitters? I applied late October, went complete December, and complete again this month (updated transcript, I suppose). It's a top choice of mine!


Another reverse splitter here. My complete dates are 11/20 and 1/12. I still haven't heard anything yet.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Damn, I feel like I'm the only one here with ZERO movement since completion. ZERO, complete 9/24. Maybe my app. is lost in some interns desk somewhere, that'd suck.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sarlis » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:10 pm

robin600 wrote:Damn, I feel like I'm the only one here with ZERO movement since completion. ZERO, complete 9/24. Maybe my app. is lost in some interns desk somewhere, that'd suck.


no movement here, complete in the beginning of november

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:58 pm

robin600 wrote:Damn, I feel like I'm the only one here with ZERO movement since completion. ZERO, complete 9/24. Maybe my app. is lost in some interns desk somewhere, that'd suck.


E-mail megan bischoff....she is super, super nice and very efficient. She should be able to get back to you within a few hours if you really want to ask....though I doubt she can shed much light on your particular app...

dnesto01
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby dnesto01 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Anyone with a 1/13 "application complete" status update receive any sort of decision yet?

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:01 pm

dnesto01 wrote:Anyone with a 1/13 "application complete" status update receive any sort of decision yet?

Nope, nada since the update.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby kalvano » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:48 am

sarlis wrote:
robin600 wrote:Damn, I feel like I'm the only one here with ZERO movement since completion. ZERO, complete 9/24. Maybe my app. is lost in some interns desk somewhere, that'd suck.


no movement here, complete in the beginning of november



Same.

User avatar
bstrunk
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby bstrunk » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 am

App Complete since 1/11 and nothing here either.

LifeinKodachrome
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby LifeinKodachrome » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:27 am

Complete since early/mid November with no word. Can we make a club?

User avatar
bstrunk
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby bstrunk » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:29 am

WUSTL may have made one for us.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby utcris410 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:51 am

Complete 12/8




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ellielaw, HaveMercy, hellohalo, ReadyToStart, reillyg, Yahoo [Bot] and 19 guests