For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
robin600

Gold

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by robin600 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:24 am

quadsixm wrote:
robin600 wrote: Talked to Ms. Clifford today. They are done making a lot of WL offers now, and will start moving on a case by case basis once seats open up. She expects a few seats will open by the end of June and a few more in the end of July, but any mass movement is done :( Lo siento guys :cry:
ARGH!!!!!
Keep sending them quick phone calls and emails saying you're still interested, and will attend if accepted. I did that and i got in the next day. Coincidence? maybe, maybe not. As long as you keep it to a once a week max, you're going to look very interested in attending and not desperate! Good luck!!!! Also submit a why WUSTL essay if you haven't. They probably don't get a lot of new stuff to read right now.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:14 am

JCougar wrote:
taw856 wrote:June 15.
Wow. They only gave me three business days.
ask for more. They will be cool with that.

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Got in off the waitlist today with 10k a year. I'm fuckin' stoked. FWIW, I talked to admissions a few days ago and they said that this month, they expect to take 10-15 more people off the waitlist.

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Oh, and the deciding factor, apparently, was that I wrote a good LOCI. So if you want to get off that waitlist, keep that in mind.

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Got in off the waitlist today with 10k a year. I'm fuckin' stoked. FWIW, I talked to admissions a few days ago and they said that this month, they expect to take 10-15 more people off the waitlist.
Congratulations to you! That is amazing! Can you tell us a little bit about your effective LOCI and perhaps your numbers? I have been persistent but not quite so fortunate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Got in off the waitlist today with 10k a year. I'm fuckin' stoked. FWIW, I talked to admissions a few days ago and they said that this month, they expect to take 10-15 more people off the waitlist.
congrats. stats?

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:12 pm

I had a 168/3.8. But I was languishing on the waitlst until I sent a loci, and then I was accepted two days later. So anyway, my letter was like 750 words and I started off by explaining that I was basically screwed if I didn't get off the eaitlist (keeping the tone light and half-joking, mind you.). Then I just went into detail about what I like about the school. One of the things I spent a lot of time addressing was how well I was able to relate to the law students I talked to when I visited -- to make the point that I'm not some antisocial weirdo or something. But yeah, just make it clear why you want to go to the school and keep it light. My acceptance specifically mentioned my letter, so I know it was what changed things for me.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Unknownsou wrote:I had a 168/3.8. But I was languishing on the waitlst until I sent a loci, and then I was accepted two days later. So anyway, my letter was like 750 words and I started off by explaining that I was basically screwed if I didn't get off the eaitlist (keeping the tone light and half-joking, mind you.). Then I just went into detail about what I like about the school. One of the things I spent a lot of time addressing was how well I was able to relate to the law students I talked to when I visited -- to make the point that I'm not some antisocial weirdo or something. But yeah, just make it clear why you want to go to the school and keep it light. My acceptance specifically mentioned my letter, so I know it was what changed things for me.
good stuff.....welcome aboard.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Congrats! will you be attending then?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Oh yeah, fsho.

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 pm

I might have gotten into UCLA... if that's the case, I will probably be putting $117K back in the WUSTL pot soon.

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:40 pm

jman77 wrote:I might have gotten into UCLA... if that's the case, I will probably be putting $117K back in the WUSTL pot soon.
Money? Good. Open spot? Good. Uncertainty as to your admission status at UCLA? Weird.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 pm

jman77 wrote:I might have gotten into UCLA... if that's the case, I will probably be putting $117K back in the WUSTL pot soon.
You would take sticker at UCLA over $117k at Wash U? Are you from Cali or something?

And congrats (potentially).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:47 pm

@Regionality: Yup, I'm not 100% certain. I left my phone at home today and came back to find out that I had a voice message from Dean Schwartz asking me to call him back. So I think it might be an acceptance, but I won't know for sure until I call tomorrow.

@Romo: The prospect of having to attend UCLA at sticker is why I said "probably". I am from SoCal, been working here the past 5 years or so, went to school at UCI, have family and friends in the area, so there is a strong pull to stay here. However, it's not easy to turn away from the kind of money WashU has generously offered me. Plus, the prospective classmates at WashU seem to be a bunch of really neat people. Not that the UCLA folks aren't... It is going to be a pretty tough decision, assuming I did get in at UCLA.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:56 pm

jman77 wrote: Plus, the prospective classmates at WashU seem to be a bunch of really neat people.
We're the bomb.

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:26 am

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:15 pm

God, I love UCLA. And I'm not just saying that as a guy who wants to get into WUSTL badly, nor am I implying that it's necessarily the choice you should make... but man, I just love that school.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:
jman77 wrote: Plus, the prospective classmates at WashU seem to be a bunch of really neat people.
We're the bomb.
QFT

deebs

Bronze

Post by deebs » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:35 am

In off waitlist late this afternoon. Sent in a LOCI for a new LSAT score from June of 165 (up from 162) and 3.84. No news of scholly - think there's any chance of one coming?

jmhallah

New

Post by jmhallah » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:09 am

deleted
Last edited by jmhallah on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:20 am

deebs wrote:In off waitlist late this afternoon. Sent in a LOCI for a new LSAT score from June of 165 (up from 162) and 3.84. No news of scholly - think there's any chance of one coming?
Damn, nice retake. I've got to think you've got a shot at USC, UCLA, UT, and some of the T14 with those numbers... You're a reverse-splitter at most.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 am

Congrats to those admitted off the waitlist.

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:39 am

Congrats to both of you! Glad to see some WL movement!

deebs

Bronze

Post by deebs » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:49 pm

quadsixm wrote:
deebs wrote:In off waitlist late this afternoon. Sent in a LOCI for a new LSAT score from June of 165 (up from 162) and 3.84. No news of scholly - think there's any chance of one coming?
Damn, nice retake. I've got to think you've got a shot at USC, UCLA, UT, and some of the T14 with those numbers... You're a reverse-splitter at most.
Thanks quad, and romo and integrity too.

After looking back through the thread it appears that most offers off the WL had scholarship offers in the acceptance e-mail. I feel like I could be more competitive next cycle with my new score and am still sitting on some other WL's, but I really like WashU and want Midwest (IL resident). Would it be unwise to send a reply e-mail to Mary Ann asking about scholarships and trying to see if there is any possibility for one since I got in off WL?

It appears I'm slightly above 75th GPA and below LSAT median so I'm not sure how well it would go, but planning on giving it a shot anyways. Unsure about sticker vs next cycle, but if I can get a small scholly, I would definitely go to WashU this year. Was just wondering your all's opinions first.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 pm

deebs wrote:
quadsixm wrote:
Thanks quad, and romo and integrity too.

After looking back through the thread it appears that most offers off the WL had scholarship offers in the acceptance e-mail. I feel like I could be more competitive next cycle with my new score and am still sitting on some other WL's, but I really like WashU and want Midwest (IL resident). Would it be unwise to send a reply e-mail to Mary Ann asking about scholarships and trying to see if there is any possibility for one since I got in off WL?

It appears I'm slightly above 75th GPA and below LSAT median so I'm not sure how well it would go, but planning on giving it a shot anyways. Unsure about sticker vs next cycle, but if I can get a small scholly, I would definitely go to WashU this year. Was just wondering your all's opinions first.
Ask away. The splitter special appears to be 10k/yr, so don't be shy. Worst case, she says no, you reapply next cycle w/ a year of WE.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”