For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Regionality

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Regionality » Wed May 26, 2010 7:24 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Regionality wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Okay, and give acceptances to Andrew the Wolverine and Miss Lucky as well. I want all of them in my class!

If only deposited 0L's had any power!!

Wanna write me a recommendation and see how loudly they laugh?

I'll frame it as a legal argument and use lots of fancy legal jargon, just like I did in my PS. That should work!

Actually it might be more effective if you wrote it in the style of an idiotic, chauvinistic news anchorman!! Keep it classy, St. Louis!

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Thu May 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Looks like we are going to be losing our dear friend Encyclopedia Brown here?! Congrats to him, he's in off WL at GW!

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:11 pm

quadsixm wrote:Looks like we are going to be losing our dear friend Encyclopedia Brown here?! Congrats to him, he's in off WL at GW!

I'm glad he made it in off the WL...I had been wondering how his cycle was going lately

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu May 27, 2010 8:41 pm

quadsixm wrote:Looks like we are going to be losing our dear friend Encyclopedia Brown here?! Congrats to him, he's in off WL at GW!

That's awesome. EB had such a wretched cycle so far. Glad to hear he got into a great school.

No matter how many waitlists you are on, it just takes one to turn around a whole cycle. :)

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu May 27, 2010 8:44 pm

JCougar wrote:

That's awesome. EB had such a wretched cycle so far. Glad to hear he got into a great school.

No matter how many waitlists you are on, it just takes one to turn around a whole cycle. :)

Truer words were never spoken. Thanks y'all, and good luck!

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Thu May 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
JCougar wrote:

Truer words were never spoken. Thanks y'all, and good luck!

Good luck, EB!

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Awesome EB congrats! Getting in off of a WL always feels good!

So I emailed the assistant dean of admissions about my scholarship, (and disability accommodations). She hasn't responded, guarantee she's looking at it and going LOLz really?

flyover

Postby flyover » Fri May 28, 2010 10:25 am

robin600 wrote:So I emailed the assistant dean of admissions about my scholarship, (and disability accommodations). She hasn't responded, guarantee she's looking at it and going LOLz really?

She's not the best at responding to email :/

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:57 pm

flyover wrote:
robin600 wrote:So I emailed the assistant dean of admissions about my scholarship, (and disability accommodations). She hasn't responded, guarantee she's looking at it and going LOLz really?

She's not the best at responding to email :/

Yeah, I got that much. I sent her another, "hey I emailed you this (insert original message), must've gotten lost in your spam!" an hour ago. Hope I'm not too pushy!

flyover

Postby flyover » Fri May 28, 2010 11:45 pm

robin600 wrote:Yeah, I got that much. I sent her another, "hey I emailed you this (insert original message), must've gotten lost in your spam!" an hour ago. Hope I'm not too pushy!

In my experience this (after waiting a week+) was sufficient enough to provoke a copypasta boilerplate response, if that's what you seek :)

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 31, 2010 6:15 pm

Withdrew today. Good luck to everybody!

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Mon May 31, 2010 8:03 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Withdrew today. Good luck to everybody!

Congrats on GW and good luck!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon May 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Good luck EB.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon May 31, 2010 8:56 pm

Anybody reading this planning on not putting down their second deposit?

It feels awkward to inwardly root for people to withdraw, since I like the school. But I also want to get in so bad. I cannot wait another year.

Prospects for the Illinois waitlist are grim for everyone (they haven't taken a single person yet), so it's either WUSTL or I make my plans to move to Madison in a month. But Wisconsin's OCI has been hit pretty hard ITE.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:56 am

JCougar wrote:Anybody reading this planning on not putting down their second deposit?

It feels awkward to inwardly root for people to withdraw, since I like the school. But I also want to get in so bad. I cannot wait another year.

Prospects for the Illinois waitlist are grim for everyone (they haven't taken a single person yet), so it's either WUSTL or I make my plans to move to Madison in a month. But Wisconsin's OCI has been hit pretty hard ITE.

i gather that they would need 2 weeks or so to sort out the 2nd deposits?

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 am

finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:Anybody reading this planning on not putting down their second deposit?

That probably depends. They could probably have a lot figured out by the end of today. I wouldn't be surprised to see people start getting decisions by the end of the week. It only takes a couple minutes to re-determine your class medians and percentiles, and track who's sent stuff in or not.

On the other hand, if the numbers are close, and pretty much everyone who put down the first deposit put down the second, they may wait a while. Remember, the double deposit report comes out in two weeks as well (people who are deposited at more than one school). They will then force these people to make a decision.

ticklememauve

Postby ticklememauve » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:24 pm

JCougar wrote:That probably depends. They could probably have a lot figured out by the end of today. I wouldn't be surprised to see people start getting decisions by the end of the week. It only takes a couple minutes to re-determine your class medians and percentiles, and track who's sent stuff in or not.

On the other hand, if the numbers are close, and pretty much everyone who put down the first deposit put down the second, they may wait a while. Remember, the double deposit report comes out in two weeks as well (people who are deposited at more than one school). They will then force these people to make a decision.

IUB and Ohio State started calling out folks who are double-committed two weeks ago (May 15). Ay yi yi yi yi!

ENGINEERD

Postby ENGINEERD » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Withdrawing from WUSTL, good luck to those on the WL!

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:12 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:Withdrawing from WUSTL, good luck to those on the WL!

where'd you decide to attend?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:12 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:Withdrawing from WUSTL, good luck to those on the WL!

where'd you decide to attend?

UCI, I think. But I could be wrong. And I think he made the right choice.

DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T

Postby DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:20 pm

i withdrew a little while ago -- going to attend cardozo. good luck!

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:38 pm

JCougar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

That probably depends. They could probably have a lot figured out by the end of today. I wouldn't be surprised to see people start getting decisions by the end of the week. It only takes a couple minutes to re-determine your class medians and percentiles, and track who's sent stuff in or not.

Immediatley send in another LOCI email or snail mail, saying you will attend if accepted. This way they will know to look at you to see if you're what they need when they start pulling people (which I'm guessing is really soon).

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:32 pm

robin600 wrote:
JCougar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Immediatley send in another LOCI email or snail mail, saying you will attend if accepted. This way they will know to look at you to see if you're what they need when they start pulling people (which I'm guessing is really soon).

I talked to Dean Clifford and I sent in a second LOCI two weeks ago saying just that. I visited the campus, too. They know I want to go there...

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:19 pm

I got in off of the "Hold" list today.

They offered 12k a year...I'm not sure what to do. I love WUSTL, but I have Illinois at 30k a year and I really do like them, too. I told WUSTL about that scholarship...we'll see what they say. What do you think?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:23 pm

blurbz wrote:I got in off of the "Hold" list today.

They offered 12k a year...I'm not sure what to do. I love WUSTL, but I have Illinois at 30k a year and I really do like them, too. I told WUSTL about that scholarship...we'll see what they say. What do you think?

Tough call. I turned down 33k from UIUC for WUSTL, but I got 75k from WUSTL. What are your numbers?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”