For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Encyclopedia Brown

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sun May 23, 2010 12:44 am

Regionality wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Also, on Wednesday it will be exactly SEVEN MONTHS since I applied to WUSTL, and I still haven't received a final decision from them. Yes, I know that I'm essentially on the waitlist (why not call it what it is, WUSTL?), but still. Seven months. That's ridiculous.

Numbers?

The LSN link is in my profile.

mountaintime

Postby mountaintime » Sun May 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Regionality wrote:For those on the waitlist, did everyone's initial waitlist letter include the following:

"However, the Committee was highly impressed with your credentials and is hoping to be able to extend you an offer of admission in the near future."

I'm interested to see if this was generic or potentially unique...it felt pretty optimistic to me when I first read it but considering i've heard no word about my waitlist status it's not looking special at all.

Actually, if you go back in this thread to March 31st, you'll see that there were two different versions of the email. Yours is the Waitlist email, whereas the email for those being "Held" reads a little differently:

"The committee was highly impressed with your credentials and is hoping to be able to extend you an offer of admission in the very near future."

I think there was one other word that differed between the two emails, but I forget where.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Sun May 23, 2010 7:57 pm

mountaintime wrote:
Regionality wrote:For those on the waitlist, did everyone's initial waitlist letter include the following:

"However, the Committee was highly impressed with your credentials and is hoping to be able to extend you an offer of admission in the near future."

I'm interested to see if this was generic or potentially unique...it felt pretty optimistic to me when I first read it but considering i've heard no word about my waitlist status it's not looking special at all.

Actually, if you go back in this thread to March 31st, you'll see that there were two different versions of the email. Yours is the Waitlist email, whereas the email for those being "Held" reads a little differently:

"The committee was highly impressed with your credentials and is hoping to be able to extend you an offer of admission in the very near future."

I think there was one other word that differed between the two emails, but I forget where.

Thanks for the info...I've never been jealous of the world "very" before...but I guess I am!

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue May 25, 2010 12:33 pm

guys...i really want to get in off this WL

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue May 25, 2010 12:34 pm

MissLucky wrote:guys...i really want to get in off this WL

miss lucky, we have a week before their 2nd deposit deadline. so hopefully after that a lot of people withdraw or does not throw in their deposit. i'm a splitter so im hoping a lot of high LSAT's withdraw, as they've been pulling high GPA for quite a while now.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Admitted off the wait list a week ago and today found out I got in with scholarship! YAY! I want to negotiate a little bit higher with them, is that tacky/douchey to do if you're coming off the wait list. I'm thinking if they gave me a scholarship they need my numbers? IDK advice?

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue May 25, 2010 1:24 pm

robin600 wrote:Admitted off the wait list a week ago and today found out I got in with scholarship! YAY! I want to negotiate a little bit higher with them, is that tacky/douchey to do if you're coming off the wait list. I'm thinking if they gave me a scholarship they need my numbers? IDK advice?

I called and asked about scholarship increase. I only wanted about 5k increase. I was just short of laughed off the phone. Was told it was "not possible" because they are "way overextended on scholarship offerings".

That's just what I was personally told, though. Feel free to try.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:31 pm

fl0w wrote:
robin600 wrote:Admitted off the wait list a week ago and today found out I got in with scholarship! YAY! I want to negotiate a little bit higher with them, is that tacky/douchey to do if you're coming off the wait list. I'm thinking if they gave me a scholarship they need my numbers? IDK advice?

I called and asked about scholarship increase. I only wanted about 5k increase. I was just short of laughed off the phone. Was told it was "not possible" because they are "way overextended on scholarship offerings".

Thanks fl0w, Anyone else try and succeed/fail? Maybe an email attempt.

I guess I'm more concerned about not looking like a douchebag for asking for more money even though I was admitted off of the wait list. Will I?

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Tue May 25, 2010 1:47 pm

robin600 wrote:
fl0w wrote:

Thanks fl0w, Anyone else try and succeed/fail? Maybe an email attempt.

I guess I'm more concerned about not looking like a douchebag for asking for more money even though I was admitted off of the wait list. Will I?

Naw, worst that will happen is they'll laugh and say no! They won't retract your offer and you prob won't work with them in the future...plus they won't remember, most likely. I say ask.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Alright just tried, let you guys know how it goes. If anyone else is trying to increase scholly money too, let me know how it works for you.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:11 pm

robin600 wrote:Alright just tried, let you guys know how it goes. If anyone else is trying to increase scholly money too, let me know how it works for you.

Good luck. I was admitted off the hold list and offered a scholarship. I asked for more money, and they (more than) tripled their offer.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed May 26, 2010 3:47 pm

One week now until the second seat deposit deadline passes. Let's see some spots open up for LSAT splitters!!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed May 26, 2010 3:49 pm

JCougar wrote:One week now until the second seat deposit deadline passes. Let's see some spots open up for LSAT splitters!!

+1

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed May 26, 2010 3:51 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:One week now until the second seat deposit deadline passes. Let's see some spots open up for LSAT splitters!!

+1

+2

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed May 26, 2010 3:51 pm

finalaspects wrote:

+1

Who else is on the hold list that is still hanging on?

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Wed May 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

+1

+2

I'm hoping they need some solidly mediocre numbers across the board! A little help needed on both of their 25%iles makes me a star candidate!! (or if they've decided they can't make 3.7 as the 50% and 3.6 is what they're going for!)

But GL to all!!

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Wed May 26, 2010 4:06 pm

JCougar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

+1

Who else is on the hold list that is still hanging on?

+1 c'mon WUSTL... want to get this process over with! It's wearing me thin!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed May 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Gah... COME ON WUSTL! Let quadsixm, jcougar, finalaspects, Encyclopedia, and Regionality in!

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 pm

romothesavior wrote:Gah... COME ON WUSTL! Let quadsixm, jcougar, finalaspects, Encyclopedia, and Regionality in!

For reals

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed May 26, 2010 4:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:Gah... COME ON WUSTL! Let quadsixm, jcougar, finalaspects, Encyclopedia, and Regionality in!

Add Andrew the Wolverine to that list.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed May 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:

and MissLucky

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed May 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:

Whoa...haven't seen you around these parts lately. Still waiting around?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed May 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Okay, and give acceptances to Andrew the Wolverine and Miss Lucky as well. I want all of them in my class!

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Wed May 26, 2010 7:19 pm

romothesavior wrote:Okay, and give acceptances to Andrew the Wolverine and Miss Lucky as well. I want all of them in my class!

If only deposited 0L's had any power!!

Wanna write me a recommendation and see how loudly they laugh?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed May 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Regionality wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Okay, and give acceptances to Andrew the Wolverine and Miss Lucky as well. I want all of them in my class!

If only deposited 0L's had any power!!

Wanna write me a recommendation and see how loudly they laugh?

I'll frame it as a legal argument and use lots of fancy legal jargon, just like I did in my PS. That should work!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”