For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:38 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Congrats to Robin! I know she was on 85 wait lists, I'm glad to see one came through :)


Slimpee wrote:Congrats, Robin!

Have fun in St. Louis


Thanks guys! I appreciate it!
PS- Good luck at GT D.H2O! and Slimpee I hope you hear some good news from UMN soon!

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Anybody know if there is a FB group for WUSTL?

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:56 pm

robin600 wrote:Anybody know if there is a FB group for WUSTL?


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 693&ref=ts

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby J-tow10 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:34 am

OMG JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT LIST!!! :shock:

MIRACLES HAPPEN. DON'T GIVE UP IF YOU'RE STILL ON THE WL!!!

FWIW, reverse splitter here

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Thu May 20, 2010 11:43 am

J-tow10 wrote:OMG JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT LIST!!! :shock:

MIRACLES HAPPEN. DON'T GIVE UP IF YOU'RE STILL ON THE WL!!!

FWIW, reverse splitter here


Way to go!! I take it you are going for sure.

If I recall, you had a pretty high GPA. Did you hear anything from UF yet?

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MissLucky » Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 am

J-tow10 wrote:OMG JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT LIST!!! :shock:

MIRACLES HAPPEN. DON'T GIVE UP IF YOU'RE STILL ON THE WL!!!

FWIW, reverse splitter here


GAHHHHHHHHHH CONGRATS! what is happening. what to do? i want to write to them being like "I KNOW THERE ARE OPENINGS!!!!!!! LET ME IN PLEASE I LOVE YOU" omg im so desperate and this movement is making me that much more anxious. how did you find out btw? and how many LOCIs did you send? blah.

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby J-tow10 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks guys.

JCougar, never heard anything back from all my other WLs. Oh, and 3.73

Sent 2 LOCIs and went complete 11/2 and got the WL sometime in April.

letsgo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby letsgo » Thu May 20, 2010 1:31 pm

J-tow10 wrote:OMG JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT LIST!!! :shock:

MIRACLES HAPPEN. DON'T GIVE UP IF YOU'RE STILL ON THE WL!!!

FWIW, reverse splitter here


any money($$$)

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby J-tow10 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:47 pm

letsgo wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:OMG JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT LIST!!! :shock:

MIRACLES HAPPEN. DON'T GIVE UP IF YOU'RE STILL ON THE WL!!!

FWIW, reverse splitter here


any money($$$)


Well the e-mail didn't metion it, but I'm not really expecting anything.

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Regionality » Thu May 20, 2010 1:48 pm

J-tow10 wrote:
letsgo wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:OMG JUST GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT LIST!!! :shock:

MIRACLES HAPPEN. DON'T GIVE UP IF YOU'RE STILL ON THE WL!!!

FWIW, reverse splitter here


any money($$$)


Well the e-mail didn't metion it, but I'm not really expecting anything.


What's your LSAT?

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Integrity » Thu May 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Congrats on getting in off the wait list! I am also a reverse splitter, but I have not heard a peep. And I've been in consistent contact! :( Any tips??

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Regionality » Thu May 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Integrity wrote:Congrats on getting in off the wait list! I am also a reverse splitter, but I have not heard a peep. And I've been in consistent contact! :( Any tips??


What're your numbers?

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Integrity » Thu May 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Regionality wrote:
Integrity wrote:Congrats on getting in off the wait list! I am also a reverse splitter, but I have not heard a peep. And I've been in consistent contact! :( Any tips??


What're your numbers?


4.0/158...maybe too extreme of a reverse splitter?

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Regionality » Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Integrity wrote:
Regionality wrote:
Integrity wrote:Congrats on getting in off the wait list! I am also a reverse splitter, but I have not heard a peep. And I've been in consistent contact! :( Any tips??


What're your numbers?


4.0/158...maybe too extreme of a reverse splitter?


Yea I mean I have no idea...except that it's reasonable to assume the right now they are "tweaking" their median/average numbers, and they might not see a difference between a 4.0 and someone .01 above their median GPA at this point, and your 158 is below their 25%.

Word on this thread is that they are targeting a 163 25% LSAT and accepting folks with over a 3.65 GPA to try and create a 3.7 median GPA...

Whether they can accomplish this or will need to drop their median GPA to 3.6 is even more speculation...but if I were to be frank with you I would think that your 158 is probably too low for them and that your 4.0 doesn't help their median enough compared to someone with a 163 and a 3.7

Just my informed speculation though...
Last edited by Regionality on Thu May 20, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Integrity wrote:
Regionality wrote:
Integrity wrote:Congrats on getting in off the wait list! I am also a reverse splitter, but I have not heard a peep. And I've been in consistent contact! :( Any tips??


What're your numbers?


4.0/158...maybe too extreme of a reverse splitter?


Wow...I would be surprised if you didn't get in eventually.

The one caveat is that they seem to prefer high GPAs coupled with a 163 or higher right now, unless you are a URM.

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Integrity » Thu May 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Regionality, I agree...which is why I've been very consistent and proactive in my communication with them-- basically letting them know that if they do "reach" for me, I will respond with a deposit instantaneously. I have tried to highlight my unique qualities in every way imaginable...

JCougar, I am not a URM...but if they need some GPA love and are secure enough with their LSAT numbers, then here I am!

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Thu May 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Integrity wrote:Regionality, I agree...which is why I've been very consistent and proactive in my communication with them-- basically letting them know that if they do "reach" for me, I will respond with a deposit instantaneously. I have tried to highlight my unique qualities in every way imaginable...

JCougar, I am not a URM...but if they need some GPA love and are secure enough with their LSAT numbers, then here I am!


It might come to that point. Medians are more important than 25th/75th percentile numbers. A 4.0 is nothing to scoff at, no matter what your LSAT, so although your GPA helps their median as much as a 3.65, the 4.0 likely acts as a soft factor in addition.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Congrats to the recent acceptances! Feel free to come join us in the WUSTL Class of 2013 thread. Can't wait to meet you all.

And good luck to those of you still waiting.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Anyone looking for a roomie for next year? PM me if you are!

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 20, 2010 6:19 pm

robin600 wrote:Anyone looking for a roomie for next year? PM me if you are!


Robin, this thread is primarily for applicants, so most of the admitted students don't post in here on a regular basis. You would probably have more luck in the WUSTL Class of 2013 thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=109359&start=1025

Or in the Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=48703597#!/group.php?gid=106516306047693&ref=ts

And I think on the Wash U website they have a roommate finder survey as well.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:28 pm

romothesavior wrote:
robin600 wrote:Anyone looking for a roomie for next year? PM me if you are!


Robin, this thread is primarily for applicants, so most of the admitted students don't post in here on a regular basis. You would probably have more luck in the WUSTL Class of 2013 thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=109359&start=1025

Or in the Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=48703597#!/group.php?gid=106516306047693&ref=ts

And I think on the Wash U website they have a roommate finder survey as well.

Can you PM me the link to the roomie survey on their website? I can't find it on the admitted students page, maybe because I'm not deposited yet?

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Regionality » Sun May 23, 2010 12:22 am

For those on the waitlist, did everyone's initial waitlist letter include the following:

"However, the Committee was highly impressed with your credentials and is hoping to be able to extend you an offer of admission in the near future."

I'm interested to see if this was generic or potentially unique...it felt pretty optimistic to me when I first read it but considering i've heard no word about my waitlist status it's not looking special at all.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sun May 23, 2010 12:27 am

Regionality wrote:For those on the waitlist, did everyone's initial waitlist letter include the following:

"However, the Committee was highly impressed with your credentials and is hoping to be able to extend you an offer of admission in the near future."

I'm interested to see if this was generic or potentially unique...it felt pretty optimistic to me when I first read it but considering i've heard no word about my waitlist status it's not looking special at all.

I have that EXACT sentence in the e-mail I got when I was put on hold (not even on the WL yet, although at this point it's six of one, half a dozen of the other). I'm guessing everybody got it.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sun May 23, 2010 12:29 am

Also, on Wednesday it will be exactly SEVEN MONTHS since I applied to WUSTL, and I still haven't received a final decision from them. Yes, I know that I'm essentially on the waitlist (why not call it what it is, WUSTL?), but still. Seven months. That's ridiculous.

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Regionality » Sun May 23, 2010 12:34 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Also, on Wednesday it will be exactly SEVEN MONTHS since I applied to WUSTL, and I still haven't received a final decision from them. Yes, I know that I'm essentially on the waitlist (why not call it what it is, WUSTL?), but still. Seven months. That's ridiculous.


Numbers?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”