For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Stephanie13

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:22 pm

jks289 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:I didn't receive the the second email either. What did it say?

first email was the "Thanks for the deposit. Welcome to WashU." It came like 10 minutes after the online deposit on the 1st. Then there was (for me and at least a few people on the WUSTL 2013 thread) a second email reminding us we could still withdraw, on the 15th. I had assumed everyone received it, but maybe they just sent it to people they didn't like so much or thought planned on leaving anyway?

Oh jk, I did receive that email! And yea I found it weird too. Made me feel a little unloved..

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:25 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Of course they are, just like every other school and every other school's dog is overenrolled. Wait until May; we'll see just how "overenrolled" they are then.
This. Increased apps + (almost) static # of applicants + WL season should make things interesting, particularly near the top of the food chain. Bottom of the T14 will probably get the most action, and the next 2 sub-tiers below that (T18 + T25/30) will likely see some movement as a result of numbers overlap.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:26 pm

stratocophic wrote:Increased apps + (almost) static # of applicants + WL season should make things interesting, particularly near the top of the food chain.

TITCR

ENGINEERD

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 pm

received my stipend in the mail last week

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 pm

stratocophic wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Of course they are, just like every other school and every other school's dog is overenrolled. Wait until May; we'll see just how "overenrolled" they are then.
This. Increased apps + (almost) static # of applicants + WL season should make things interesting, particularly near the top of the food chain. Bottom of the T14 will probably get the most action, and the next 2 sub-tiers below that (T18 + T25/30) will likely see some movement as a result of numbers overlap.

I hope you're right. If Cornell comes calling, one of you can have my spot.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:36 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:received my stipend in the mail last week

Hmm, when did you send your paperwork in? Did you follow up at all. I just put mine in the mail and assumed it would be fine. I wouldn't care so much about the $200 but now that they won't increase aid I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY! :D

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:53 pm

--ImageRemoved--

jks289 wrote:

Hmm, when did you send your paperwork in? Did you follow up at all. I just put mine in the mail and assumed it would be fine. I wouldn't care so much about the $200 but now that they won't increase aid I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY! :D

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:54 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
jks289 wrote:"Thank you for making your first deposit and reserving your seat in our incoming class. We appreciate your continued interest in Washington U Law. As a reminder, if you let us know before May 1 that you will not be attending Washington U Law, your first deposit is refundable.

As always, please let us know if we may be of any assistance as you make your final decision about law school.

Best wishes,
Washington U Law Admissions Office"

Everyone got that email who deposited. Most people understood it is mean "We may have overenrolled, so remember you can always change your mind... please." Just seemed like a weird email to send to students who had just put $200 in the mail. Hardly a "Welcome to WUSTL!!"

I think I interpret it more as a "if you're going to break up with me, please do it soon, because I know other people that are interested, who might not be as hot on first impression, but look like they have the potential to clean up nicely, and I don't want to ruin my chances with them if you're going to dump me anyways. Kthxluvyoubye"

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:59 pm

quadsixm wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
jks289 wrote:"Thank you for making your first deposit and reserving your seat in our incoming class. We appreciate your continued interest in Washington U Law. As a reminder, if you let us know before May 1 that you will not be attending Washington U Law, your first deposit is refundable.

As always, please let us know if we may be of any assistance as you make your final decision about law school.

Best wishes,
Washington U Law Admissions Office"

Everyone got that email who deposited. Most people understood it is mean "We may have overenrolled, so remember you can always change your mind... please." Just seemed like a weird email to send to students who had just put $200 in the mail. Hardly a "Welcome to WUSTL!!"

I think I interpret it more as a "if you're going to break up with me, please do it soon, because I know other people that are interested, who might not be as hot on first impression, but look like they have the potential to clean up nicely, and I don't want to ruin my chances with them if you're going to dump me anyways. Kthxluvyoubye"

Credited.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:31 pm

jks289 wrote:

haha.....
i turned my reimbursement paperwork in during the asd on march 26th. just got my check in the mail last friday (april 16th), a 3-week wait.

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:34 pm

jks289 wrote:

They told me it had to be postmarked April 1st to be eligible.

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm

I withdrew today. That should free up $123,000 in scholarship money for some lucky bastard out there.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 pm

nowinGA wrote:
jks289 wrote:

What? They said I had two weeks. Two weeks from March 26th is April 9. Ugh, now I have to call. :x

mi-chan17

Postby mi-chan17 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Withdrew today with substantial scholarship money. Hope it helps you guys out!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 pm

my love for all you those withdrawing! :wink:

ENGINEERD

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:21 pm

jks289 wrote:
nowinGA wrote:
jks289 wrote:

What? They said I had two weeks. Two weeks from March 26th is April 9. Ugh, now I have to call. :x

I turned it in during the March 26th ASD. Hope you get your $$ back!

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 pm

finalaspects wrote:my love for all you those withdrawing! :wink:

+1

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:

+1

+1,000,000

mountaintime

Postby mountaintime » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:

+1

+1,000,000

same

HondoK

Postby HondoK » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Quadsixm, how did your meeting/tour go? When you sat down with the admissions officer, did they lead the conversation or was it mostly you asking questions? I'm visiting this week and am not sure what to expect...

darklighter13

Postby darklighter13 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 pm

HondoK wrote:Quadsixm, how did your meeting/tour go? When you sat down with the admissions officer, did they lead the conversation or was it mostly you asking questions? I'm visiting this week and am not sure what to expect...

When I visited, it was a little bit of each. We talked about my application (which is why I wanted the meeting in the first place), I asked some questions, and discussed how my visit went. Very friendly, not intimidating at all like my interview at Northwestern...

trademark

Postby trademark » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Darklighter, did you visit recently? Was it just you or were other guys there

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Wasn't me, JCougar went on the visit, I believe. I hope to visit, finances permitting...
HondoK wrote:Quadsixm, how did your meeting/tour go? When you sat down with the admissions officer, did they lead the conversation or was it mostly you asking questions? I'm visiting this week and am not sure what to expect...

HondoK

Postby HondoK » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 pm

quadsixm wrote:Wasn't me, JCougar went on the visit, I believe. I hope to visit, finances permitting...

Oh sorry!

jockinjay-z

Postby jockinjay-z » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 am

Withdrew today...good luck to those of you who are still waitlisted!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”