For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:22 pm

jks289 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:I didn't receive the the second email either. What did it say?


first email was the "Thanks for the deposit. Welcome to WashU." It came like 10 minutes after the online deposit on the 1st. Then there was (for me and at least a few people on the WUSTL 2013 thread) a second email reminding us we could still withdraw, on the 15th. I had assumed everyone received it, but maybe they just sent it to people they didn't like so much or thought planned on leaving anyway?

Oh jk, I did receive that email! And yea I found it weird too. Made me feel a little unloved..

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby stratocophic » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:25 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Of course they are, just like every other school and every other school's dog is overenrolled. Wait until May; we'll see just how "overenrolled" they are then.
This. Increased apps + (almost) static # of applicants + WL season should make things interesting, particularly near the top of the food chain. Bottom of the T14 will probably get the most action, and the next 2 sub-tiers below that (T18 + T25/30) will likely see some movement as a result of numbers overlap.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:26 pm

stratocophic wrote:Increased apps + (almost) static # of applicants + WL season should make things interesting, particularly near the top of the food chain.



TITCR

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 pm

received my stipend in the mail last week

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 pm

stratocophic wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Of course they are, just like every other school and every other school's dog is overenrolled. Wait until May; we'll see just how "overenrolled" they are then.
This. Increased apps + (almost) static # of applicants + WL season should make things interesting, particularly near the top of the food chain. Bottom of the T14 will probably get the most action, and the next 2 sub-tiers below that (T18 + T25/30) will likely see some movement as a result of numbers overlap.


I hope you're right. If Cornell comes calling, one of you can have my spot.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:36 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:received my stipend in the mail last week


Hmm, when did you send your paperwork in? Did you follow up at all. I just put mine in the mail and assumed it would be fine. I wouldn't care so much about the $200 but now that they won't increase aid I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY! :D

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby quadsixm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:53 pm

--ImageRemoved--

jks289 wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:received my stipend in the mail last week


Hmm, when did you send your paperwork in? Did you follow up at all. I just put mine in the mail and assumed it would be fine. I wouldn't care so much about the $200 but now that they won't increase aid I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY! :D

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby quadsixm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:54 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
jks289 wrote:"Thank you for making your first deposit and reserving your seat in our incoming class. We appreciate your continued interest in Washington U Law. As a reminder, if you let us know before May 1 that you will not be attending Washington U Law, your first deposit is refundable.

As always, please let us know if we may be of any assistance as you make your final decision about law school.

Best wishes,
Washington U Law Admissions Office"

Everyone got that email who deposited. Most people understood it is mean "We may have overenrolled, so remember you can always change your mind... please." Just seemed like a weird email to send to students who had just put $200 in the mail. Hardly a "Welcome to WUSTL!!"



I think I interpret it more as a "if you're going to break up with me, please do it soon, because I know other people that are interested, who might not be as hot on first impression, but look like they have the potential to clean up nicely, and I don't want to ruin my chances with them if you're going to dump me anyways. Kthxluvyoubye"

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:59 pm

quadsixm wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
jks289 wrote:"Thank you for making your first deposit and reserving your seat in our incoming class. We appreciate your continued interest in Washington U Law. As a reminder, if you let us know before May 1 that you will not be attending Washington U Law, your first deposit is refundable.

As always, please let us know if we may be of any assistance as you make your final decision about law school.

Best wishes,
Washington U Law Admissions Office"

Everyone got that email who deposited. Most people understood it is mean "We may have overenrolled, so remember you can always change your mind... please." Just seemed like a weird email to send to students who had just put $200 in the mail. Hardly a "Welcome to WUSTL!!"



I think I interpret it more as a "if you're going to break up with me, please do it soon, because I know other people that are interested, who might not be as hot on first impression, but look like they have the potential to clean up nicely, and I don't want to ruin my chances with them if you're going to dump me anyways. Kthxluvyoubye"


Credited.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:31 pm

jks289 wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:received my stipend in the mail last week


Hmm, when did you send your paperwork in? Did you follow up at all. I just put mine in the mail and assumed it would be fine. I wouldn't care so much about the $200 but now that they won't increase aid I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY! :D
haha.....
i turned my reimbursement paperwork in during the asd on march 26th. just got my check in the mail last friday (april 16th), a 3-week wait.

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nowinGA » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:34 pm

jks289 wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:received my stipend in the mail last week


Hmm, when did you send your paperwork in? Did you follow up at all. I just put mine in the mail and assumed it would be fine. I wouldn't care so much about the $200 but now that they won't increase aid I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY! :D


They told me it had to be postmarked April 1st to be eligible.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby existenz » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm

I withdrew today. That should free up $123,000 in scholarship money for some lucky bastard out there.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 pm

nowinGA wrote:
jks289 wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:received my stipend in the mail last week


Hmm, when did you send your paperwork in? Did you follow up at all. I just put mine in the mail and assumed it would be fine. I wouldn't care so much about the $200 but now that they won't increase aid I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY! :D


They told me it had to be postmarked April 1st to be eligible.


What? They said I had two weeks. Two weeks from March 26th is April 9. Ugh, now I have to call. :x

User avatar
mi-chan17
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mi-chan17 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Withdrew today with substantial scholarship money. Hope it helps you guys out!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 pm

my love for all you those withdrawing! :wink:

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:21 pm

jks289 wrote:
nowinGA wrote:
jks289 wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:received my stipend in the mail last week


Hmm, when did you send your paperwork in? Did you follow up at all. I just put mine in the mail and assumed it would be fine. I wouldn't care so much about the $200 but now that they won't increase aid I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY! :D


They told me it had to be postmarked April 1st to be eligible.


What? They said I had two weeks. Two weeks from March 26th is April 9. Ugh, now I have to call. :x


I turned it in during the March 26th ASD. Hope you get your $$ back!

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 pm

finalaspects wrote:my love for all you those withdrawing! :wink:

+1

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
finalaspects wrote:my love for all you those withdrawing! :wink:

+1

+1,000,000

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mountaintime » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
finalaspects wrote:my love for all you those withdrawing! :wink:

+1

+1,000,000

same

HondoK
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:08 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby HondoK » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Quadsixm, how did your meeting/tour go? When you sat down with the admissions officer, did they lead the conversation or was it mostly you asking questions? I'm visiting this week and am not sure what to expect...

darklighter13
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:01 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby darklighter13 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 pm

HondoK wrote:Quadsixm, how did your meeting/tour go? When you sat down with the admissions officer, did they lead the conversation or was it mostly you asking questions? I'm visiting this week and am not sure what to expect...


When I visited, it was a little bit of each. We talked about my application (which is why I wanted the meeting in the first place), I asked some questions, and discussed how my visit went. Very friendly, not intimidating at all like my interview at Northwestern...

trademark
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby trademark » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Darklighter, did you visit recently? Was it just you or were other guys there

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby quadsixm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Wasn't me, JCougar went on the visit, I believe. I hope to visit, finances permitting...
HondoK wrote:Quadsixm, how did your meeting/tour go? When you sat down with the admissions officer, did they lead the conversation or was it mostly you asking questions? I'm visiting this week and am not sure what to expect...

HondoK
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:08 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby HondoK » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 pm

quadsixm wrote:Wasn't me, JCougar went on the visit, I believe. I hope to visit, finances permitting...
HondoK wrote:Quadsixm, how did your meeting/tour go? When you sat down with the admissions officer, did they lead the conversation or was it mostly you asking questions? I'm visiting this week and am not sure what to expect...


Oh sorry!

jockinjay-z
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:27 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jockinjay-z » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 am

Withdrew today...good luck to those of you who are still waitlisted!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, curry1, joezze, okf731, ProductofUnreality, tinafeyclone, turkeyncheese and 25 guests