For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jason321123
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:41 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Jason321123 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:17 am

I'm currently on the hold list with a 164/3.72.

Good luck to everyone else.

LittleMzIvory
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby LittleMzIvory » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 pm

I spoke to someone in admissions yesterday and they said that currently they are over deposited and do not know if they will take anyone off the wait list :|

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:29 pm

LittleMzIvory wrote:I spoke to someone in admissions yesterday and they said that currently they are over deposited and do not know if they will take anyone off the wait list :|


wow.... the worst that can happen is happening... :cry:

assuming they meant the hold list as well though?

User avatar
meddlingkid
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby meddlingkid » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:31 pm

finalaspects wrote:
LittleMzIvory wrote:I spoke to someone in admissions yesterday and they said that currently they are over deposited and do not know if they will take anyone off the wait list :|


wow.... the worst that can happen is happening... :cry:


Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. They were totally inflexible with the deposit date and instead made the first deposit completely refundable. I think a good number of people were sort of forced into depositing even though they haven't made a final decision (myself included).

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby dvd » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:33 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:35 pm

dvd wrote:
meddlingkid wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
LittleMzIvory wrote:I spoke to someone in admissions yesterday and they said that currently they are over deposited and do not know if they will take anyone off the wait list :|


wow.... the worst that can happen is happening... :cry:


Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. They were totally inflexible with the deposit date and instead made the first deposit completely refundable. I think a good number of people were sort of forced into depositing even though they haven't made a final decision (myself included).


Don't worry about it, I deposited for safety, but am now withdrawing. I imagine many other people did the same.


Yeah, that's what I did.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:45 pm

dvd wrote:
meddlingkid wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
LittleMzIvory wrote:I spoke to someone in admissions yesterday and they said that currently they are over deposited and do not know if they will take anyone off the wait list :|


wow.... the worst that can happen is happening... :cry:


Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. They were totally inflexible with the deposit date and instead made the first deposit completely refundable. I think a good number of people were sort of forced into depositing even though they haven't made a final decision (myself included).


Don't worry about it, I deposited for safety, but am now withdrawing. I imagine many other people did the same.


i guess this means we'll have to wait until May 1st, when the deposit becomes non-refundable?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 pm

finalaspects wrote:
LittleMzIvory wrote:I spoke to someone in admissions yesterday and they said that currently they are over deposited and do not know if they will take anyone off the wait list :|


wow.... the worst that can happen is happening... :cry:

assuming they meant the hold list as well though?


This doesn't really mean anything with the refundable deposit. Every school over-admits, expecting a certain percentage to withdraw. If you lose nothing if you change your mind, more people are going to be drawn into dropping down the $200 in the first place.

LittleMzIvory
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby LittleMzIvory » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm

I completely forgot that the first deposit is refundable... Thanks, that actually made me feel a lot better!!

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:28 pm

LittleMzIvory wrote:I spoke to someone in admissions yesterday and they said that currently they are over deposited and do not know if they will take anyone off the wait list :|
holy shmokies. that's not good. hopefully many people making deposits will still choose to go elsewhere, since the first deposit is refundable.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby panadera » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 pm

najumobi wrote:
LittleMzIvory wrote:I spoke to someone in admissions yesterday and they said that currently they are over deposited and do not know if they will take anyone off the wait list :|
holy shmokies. that's not good. hopefully many people making deposits will still choose to go elsewhere, since the first deposit is refundable.


Wow. Seriously.

expungemalice
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby expungemalice » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:47 pm

i sent in a LOCI last night and have not received confirmation that it was received. I sent it by email to admiss@wulaw.wustl.edu. should i resend it to mary ann clifford's email? what is hers specifically? Does it take a few days for them to process an emailed LOCI?

theantiscalia
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby theantiscalia » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:49 pm

I wouldn't send it directly to Dean Clifford... that's a little extreme. I'd just call the front desk and ask them to verify receipt.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:56 pm

panadera wrote:
najumobi wrote:
LittleMzIvory wrote:I spoke to someone in admissions yesterday and they said that currently they are over deposited and do not know if they will take anyone off the wait list :|
holy shmokies. that's not good. hopefully many people making deposits will still choose to go elsewhere, since the first deposit is refundable.
Wow. Seriously.
:P what?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Is this the first year WUSTL has made the April deposit refundable? Does anyone know what their deposits were like last year?

User avatar
alirod12
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby alirod12 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:52 pm

I'm withdrawing tomorrow, and putting my 129k scholarship back in the pot. Hope one of you guys gets hooked up.

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby quadsixm » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:54 pm

bless your heart. still riding this thing out.

alirod12 wrote:I'm withdrawing tomorrow, and putting my 129k scholarship back in the pot. Hope one of you guys gets hooked up.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:55 pm

alirod12 wrote:I'm withdrawing tomorrow, and putting my 129k scholarship back in the pot. Hope one of you guys gets hooked up.


I appreciate the good wishes, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen. WUSTL looks like they have had a high deposit response and they are over their scholarship budget, so they probably won't be increasing many people's schollies. Good luck to you wherever you end up!

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:45 pm

alirod12 wrote:I'm withdrawing tomorrow, and putting my 129k scholarship back in the pot. Hope one of you guys gets hooked up.


Thanks for letting us know. I, for one, am biting my nails about this year's cycle. Taking until February to get your target LSAT score is not recommended, especially if you are a splitter. WUSTL is seemingly over-admitted at this point (along with pretty much every single other T30 out there), so I'm stuck hanging in the wind everywhere.

Looks like you have some stellar options, though. Do you know for sure where you are going?

Diskette15
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Diskette15 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am

I withdrew with a little over a 50k scholarship today....hopefully between alirod and I both withdrawing and putting 180k back in the pot that someone on this thread gets a scholarship/acceptance

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby dvd » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:02 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:03 pm

everyone who is withdrawing, did you guys pay the refundable deposit and now are asking for it back?

and thanks though for withdrawing!

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby dvd » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:05 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mazzini
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mazzini » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:07 pm

So, with people beginning to withdraw would it be reasonable for those of us who are pretty well set on attending to ask for more scholarship aid? I was denied a request but that was sent back on the first of April. I'm debating whether or not it's worth my effort.

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby dvd » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”