For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
noxhil
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby noxhil » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm

.
Last edited by noxhil on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tate033
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby tate033 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm

sorry this has probably been answered before, but 182 pages is a lot to look through. If I haven't heard anything, and my status checker just keeps updating every few weeks, does that mean I'm held? Or have all of you heard something specifically from admissions that you are either held/WL?

User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby pertristis » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:23 pm

tate033 wrote:sorry this has probably been answered before, but 182 pages is a lot to look through. If I haven't heard anything, and my status checker just keeps updating every few weeks, does that mean I'm held? Or have all of you heard something specifically from admissions that you are either held/WL?


You would have received an email if you were held/WL'd. If you haven't heard anything, you're probably still under review.

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mytwocents » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:52 pm

We still adding to the WL/hold data? Count me in for WL: 163/3.74, applied late October. WUSTL was my last school to hear from, so I'm super pumped that this is finally DONE.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ENGINEERD » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:56 pm

najumobi wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD at WUSTL and either GW or Notre Dame? Can you tell me how they compared?
i think Sibley did (WUSTL and GW)
najumobi wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD at WUSTL and either GW or Notre Dame? Can you tell me how they compared?
i think Sibley did (WUSTL and GW)


Sorry I just saw your post...

I went to both the WUSTL and ND ASD. Out of all the schools I have visited I would say these two are the most similar. The law buildings are very similar as you can see from the pictures and both are beautiful. I thought ND's campus was alot prettier and more spread out.

In terms of the student body I was slightly more impressed with that of WUSTL. In addition the faculty and current student panels at WUSTL were alot more informative than those at ND. One interesting thing to note was the 3Ls on the panel at ND had not found jobs and I believe the ones at WUSTL had.

One huge distinction I noticed between the two was the presentation from the career service department. Dean Spivey (sp?) gave a really impressive speech about the job prospects at WUSTL. I am from California and hope to practice here so I was particularly impressed when he mentioned their focus on improving job placement in CA. The dean seemed like he truly believed in the school and was passionate about making it a top national university. The career services speech at ND was very underwhelming in comparison.

Also, WUSTL felt like a T20 university. I know that sounds stupid but it really did have a different feel. I know that ND is a great school but there was something notable about the vibe at WUSTL.

Hope that helps... PM me if you have any direct questions

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Also of note, WUSTL just held on to its 19 ranking, and is creeping up on USC.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MissLucky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:03 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:
najumobi wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD at WUSTL and either GW or Notre Dame? Can you tell me how they compared?
i think Sibley did (WUSTL and GW)
najumobi wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD at WUSTL and either GW or Notre Dame? Can you tell me how they compared?
i think Sibley did (WUSTL and GW)


Sorry I just saw your post...

I went to both the WUSTL and ND ASD. Out of all the schools I have visited I would say these two are the most similar. The law buildings are very similar as you can see from the pictures and both are beautiful. I thought ND's campus was alot prettier and more spread out.

In terms of the student body I was slightly more impressed with that of WUSTL. In addition the faculty and current student panels at WUSTL were alot more informative than those at ND. One interesting thing to note was the 3Ls on the panel at ND had not found jobs and I believe the ones at WUSTL had.

One huge distinction I noticed between the two was the presentation from the career service department. Dean Spivey (sp?) gave a really impressive speech about the job prospects at WUSTL. I am from California and hope to practice here so I was particularly impressed when he mentioned their focus on improving job placement in CA. The dean seemed like he truly believed in the school and was passionate about making it a top national university. The career services speech at ND was very underwhelming in comparison.

Also, WUSTL felt like a T20 university. I know that sounds stupid but it really did have a different feel. I know that ND is a great school but there was something notable about the vibe at WUSTL.

Hope that helps... PM me if you have any direct questions


Has anyone on the Wait List gone for a visit? Or has any prospective applicant gone in for a visit and met with an Admissions Counselor? What goes on in those meetings? What is the chat like?

Thanks!

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:06 pm

MissLucky wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:
najumobi wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD at WUSTL and either GW or Notre Dame? Can you tell me how they compared?
i think Sibley did (WUSTL and GW)
najumobi wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD at WUSTL and either GW or Notre Dame? Can you tell me how they compared?
i think Sibley did (WUSTL and GW)


Sorry I just saw your post...

I went to both the WUSTL and ND ASD. Out of all the schools I have visited I would say these two are the most similar. The law buildings are very similar as you can see from the pictures and both are beautiful. I thought ND's campus was alot prettier and more spread out.

In terms of the student body I was slightly more impressed with that of WUSTL. In addition the faculty and current student panels at WUSTL were alot more informative than those at ND. One interesting thing to note was the 3Ls on the panel at ND had not found jobs and I believe the ones at WUSTL had.

One huge distinction I noticed between the two was the presentation from the career service department. Dean Spivey (sp?) gave a really impressive speech about the job prospects at WUSTL. I am from California and hope to practice here so I was particularly impressed when he mentioned their focus on improving job placement in CA. The dean seemed like he truly believed in the school and was passionate about making it a top national university. The career services speech at ND was very underwhelming in comparison.

Also, WUSTL felt like a T20 university. I know that sounds stupid but it really did have a different feel. I know that ND is a great school but there was something notable about the vibe at WUSTL.

Hope that helps... PM me if you have any direct questions


Has anyone on the Wait List gone for a visit? Or has any prospective applicant gone in for a visit and met with an Admissions Counselor? What goes on in those meetings? What is the chat like?

Thanks!


I'll be able to let you know about this after Monday...

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MissLucky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:11 pm

JCougar wrote:
I'll be able to let you know about this after Monday...


Thanks! JCougar, what are u expecting? are you preparing anything specifically? Anyone else who has already been? I'm thinking of going in sometime late next week

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:26 pm

MissLucky wrote:
JCougar wrote:
I'll be able to let you know about this after Monday...


Thanks! JCougar, what are u expecting? are you preparing anything specifically? Anyone else who has already been? I'm thinking of going in sometime late next week


I'm expecting a beautiful campus, but I don't know what else to expect. I know that next week is their last week of classes, and by the end of the week, their classes are going to be review for the exams. They really wanted me to come visit early in the week. I would call admissions right away to set something up Monday or Tuesday if possible if I were you. If you visit Monday, let me know...maybe we can meet up for lunch and exchange experiences.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MissLucky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:37 pm

JCougar wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
JCougar wrote:
I'll be able to let you know about this after Monday...


Thanks! JCougar, what are u expecting? are you preparing anything specifically? Anyone else who has already been? I'm thinking of going in sometime late next week


I'm expecting a beautiful campus, but I don't know what else to expect. I know that next week is their last week of classes, and by the end of the week, their classes are going to be review for the exams. They really wanted me to come visit early in the week. I would call admissions right away to set something up Monday or Tuesday if possible if I were you. If you visit Monday, let me know...maybe we can meet up for lunch and exchange experiences.


Oh that would have been nice! I can't do the Monday though - I just made an appointment for Tuesday though. I'm excited! It would also be cool if they just admitted us on the spot. :D hehe. You are WL too right?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:40 pm

MissLucky wrote:
JCougar wrote:I'm expecting a beautiful campus, but I don't know what else to expect. I know that next week is their last week of classes, and by the end of the week, their classes are going to be review for the exams. They really wanted me to come visit early in the week. I would call admissions right away to set something up Monday or Tuesday if possible if I were you. If you visit Monday, let me know...maybe we can meet up for lunch and exchange experiences.


Oh that would have been nice! I can't do the Monday though - I just made an appointment for Tuesday though. I'm excited! It would also be cool if they just admitted us on the spot. :D hehe. You are WL too right?


Hold list.

Please prepare to let me off, WUSTL!

cj30303
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:33 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby cj30303 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:41 pm

so much for the "very near future" wording of the hold email.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MissLucky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:46 pm

JCougar wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
JCougar wrote:I'm expecting a beautiful campus, but I don't know what else to expect. I know that next week is their last week of classes, and by the end of the week, their classes are going to be review for the exams. They really wanted me to come visit early in the week. I would call admissions right away to set something up Monday or Tuesday if possible if I were you. If you visit Monday, let me know...maybe we can meet up for lunch and exchange experiences.


Oh that would have been nice! I can't do the Monday though - I just made an appointment for Tuesday though. I'm excited! It would also be cool if they just admitted us on the spot. :D hehe. You are WL too right?


Hold list.

Please prepare to let me off, WUSTL!


oo! naiice. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!!!!!

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Withdrawing from the hold list. GO ENCYCLOPEDIA BROWN!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:50 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Withdrawing from the hold list. GO ENCYCLOPEDIA BROWN!


why waterman?!

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:52 pm

finalaspects wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:Withdrawing from the hold list. GO ENCYCLOPEDIA BROWN!


why waterman?!


Reapplying barring a GULC/NU wait list acceptance. I want to do my part in speeding up this process for you guys lol

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:58 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:Withdrawing from the hold list. GO ENCYCLOPEDIA BROWN!


why waterman?!


Reapplying barring a GULC/NU wait list acceptance. I want to do my part in speeding up this process for you guys lol


Bless you.

Yeah, if I had your LSAT I would try to do ED at some lower T14s (if you had something fun to do for another year). I think you'll get in somewhere between GULC (which seems to be getting more and more splitter friendly every year), NU or even UVA.

Me...I'm getting older, I HATE my job and would NOT be able to make it here another year. I'm going to WUSTL/UIUC/Minnesota or Wisconsin (in-state). I'm getting into one of those places this year if it kills me. Because if it doesn't kill me, my current job will.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 pm

JCougar wrote:Bless you.

Yeah, if I had your LSAT I would try to do ED at some lower T14s (if you had something fun to do for another year). I think you'll get in somewhere between GULC (which seems to be getting more and more splitter friendly every year), NU or even UVA.

Me...I'm getting older, I HATE my job and would NOT be able to make it here another year. I'm going to WUSTL/UIUC/Minnesota or Wisconsin (in-state). I'm getting into one of those places this year if it kills me. Because if it doesn't kill me, my current job will.


man oh man do i know how you feel.... please wustl take me off the hold list.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:09 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Withdrawing from the hold list. GO ENCYCLOPEDIA BROWN!

Aww, you're leaving me? Thanks for the kind words, though. I should get some banners printed up, ala "Save Ferris." I'm hoping for some good news from GULC soon, but we'll see.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Wait listed today. What's the difference between the hold list and the wait list?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:56 pm

robin600 wrote:Wait listed today. What's the difference between the hold list and the wait list?


hold list says you'll hear very soon. waitlist says you'll hear soon. minor differences but guessing hold list is a priority above wait list, unless they secure their #'s which then they can go for pure softs to get a diverse class.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:15 pm

finalaspects wrote:
robin600 wrote:Wait listed today. What's the difference between the hold list and the wait list?


hold list says you'll hear very soon. waitlist says you'll hear soon. minor differences but guessing hold list is a priority above wait list, unless they secure their #'s which then they can go for pure softs to get a diverse class.

I'm praying for the latter!

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby quadsixm » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 pm

JCougar wrote:Me...I'm getting older, I HATE my job and would NOT be able to make it here another year. I'm going to WUSTL/UIUC/Minnesota or Wisconsin (in-state). I'm getting into one of those places this year if it kills me. Because if it doesn't kill me, my current job will.


Haha I feel you! Those are not bad options in any case.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:10 pm

quadsixm wrote:
JCougar wrote:Me...I'm getting older, I HATE my job and would NOT be able to make it here another year. I'm going to WUSTL/UIUC/Minnesota or Wisconsin (in-state). I'm getting into one of those places this year if it kills me. Because if it doesn't kill me, my current job will.


Haha I feel you! Those are not bad options in any case.


Although I have the LSAT to get in to some, if not all of those schools, none of them are options yet. Heard nothing from Minnesota, WLed at Wisconsin and UIUC, and hold listed at WUSTL. The February score/late applications are crushing me. I just hope I can show enough interest to get in off one of the waitlists.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests