For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Gymnast0206
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Gymnast0206 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:57 pm

HondoK wrote:
Gymnast0206 wrote:Any of you waitlisters hear anything yet?



::sigh:: no



Ahhh . . . figures. I sent in my LOCI last week . . . guess I shouldn't really expect any sort of an answer until after May 1.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:
HondoK wrote:
Gymnast0206 wrote:Any of you waitlisters hear anything yet?



::sigh:: no



Ahhh . . . figures. I sent in my LOCI last week . . . guess I shouldn't really expect any sort of an answer until after May 1.


I think some people could hear sooner...sometime after April 15th. Seems a lot of schools have that date as their deadline so you might have a shot that people will withdraw early if they've made their final decision at that point... of course chances are definitely better later...

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colforbin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Any non waitlisters/held people hear anything?

I'm stuck at 4.6, no email. I'm going to call the office tomorrow.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 pm

sibley wrote:I think some people could hear sooner...sometime after April 15th. Seems a lot of schools have that date as their deadline so you might have a shot that people will withdraw early if they've made their final decision at that point... of course chances are definitely better later...


hopefully the held list people will hear after April 15th!!! (sorry waitlisters)

aspettando
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby aspettando » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 pm

colforbin wrote:Any non waitlisters/held people hear anything?

I'm stuck at 4.6, no email. I'm going to call the office tomorrow.



I called yesterday. The woman in admissions told me that she didn't know when the rest of the applicants would get a decision seeing as they are still reviewing applications, but she hoped that it would be within the next couple of weeks.
If anyone else is interested, I asked if there would be an extension to the April 30th deadline for the TLP application if someone were to be admitted after that date, and she said she thought so.

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colforbin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:12 pm

aspettando wrote:
colforbin wrote:Any non waitlisters/held people hear anything?

I'm stuck at 4.6, no email. I'm going to call the office tomorrow.



I called yesterday. The woman in admissions told me that she didn't know when the rest of the applicants would get a decision seeing as they are still reviewing applications, but she hoped that it would be within the next couple of weeks.
If anyone else is interested, I asked if there would be an extension to the April 30th deadline for the TLP application if someone were to be admitted after that date, and she said she thought so.


Holy shit! We have to wait weeks?

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Held today...2 completes:2/3 and 4/6

User avatar
Gymnast0206
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Gymnast0206 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:27 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Held today...2 completes:2/3 and 4/6



You have two complete dates on your status update? I don't have any after 3/10 and I got a waitlist e-mail on 4/1 . . .

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Held today...2 completes:2/3 and 4/6



You have two complete dates on your status update? I don't have any after 3/10 and I got a waitlist e-mail on 4/1 . . .


Awesome.

I went complete 2/3 originally. On 4/6, wustl updated the status checker and it said my complete date was 4/6.

A lot of people on here have had as many as 3 status updates, maybe more.

lshopeful3232
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lshopeful3232 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Held today by email
i had "application complete" updated at least 5 times if not 6

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:50 pm

lshopeful3232 wrote:Held today by email
i had "application complete" updated at least 5 times if not 6


Did you stay on the hold list? If you did, what date did you put?

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ViP » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Held today by email.

Sounds more like a waitlist.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 pm

ViP wrote:Held today by email.

Sounds more like a waitlist.


The hold list is different than the waitlist.

What are your numbers?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 pm

lshopeful3232 wrote:Held today by email
i had "application complete" updated at least 5 times if not 6


Numbers?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 pm

Actually, we can try a little exercise to try and figure out what they are doing with the holdlists/waitlists. If everyone copies and pastes the list below and adds in their numbers to either the Hold List column or Wait List column, we could figure this out pretty quickly.

I'll start.

Hold List
168/2.95


Wait List

User avatar
samer
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby samer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Hold List
168/2.95
159/2.8 (AA male)


Wait List
Last edited by samer on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mountaintime » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:14 pm

samer wrote:Hold List
168/2.95
159/2.8 (AA male)
168/sub-3.0


Wait List

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Hold List
168/2.95
159/2.8 (AA male)
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0

Wait List

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby quadsixm » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Hold List
168/2.95
159/2.8 (AA male)
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0

Wait List

HondoK
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:08 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby HondoK » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Hold List
168/2.95
159/2.8 (AA male)
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0

Wait List
158/3.8

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:45 pm

quadsixm wrote:Hold List
168/2.95
159/2.8 (AA male)
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0
172/2.LOL

Wait List



Added myself to the hold list

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colforbin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Hold List
168/2.95
159/2.8 (AA male)
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0
172/2.LOL
164/3.7

Wait List


Finally held today. I'm actually pretty pleased. It feels somewhat validating after getting straight rejections from all of my "reaches."

jmhallah
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jmhallah » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Hold List
168/2.95
159/2.8 (AA male)
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0
172/2.LOL
164/3.7

Wait List
158/3.8
158/3.9

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby quadsixm » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 pm

So looks like so far we have:

Hold List
168/2.95
159/2.8 (AA male)
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0
168/sub-3.0
172/2.LOL
164/3.7

Wait List
158/3.8
158/3.9

Hold = Splitters and WL = Reverse Splitters?

HondoK
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:08 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby HondoK » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 pm

quadsixm wrote:
Hold = Splitters and WL = Reverse Splitters?


Yeah looks like it




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”