For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Unknownsou

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Unknownsou » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Whoa, they redid the admissions page.

That didn't help me get accepted though.

Sigh... and they don't know when they're gonna know who they can take from the hold list yet :( . I feel like I'm harassing the admissions people every time I call, so I think I'll stop after today.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:10 am

Unknownsou wrote:Whoa, they redid the admissions page.

Sigh... and they don't know when they're gonna know who they can take from the hold list yet :( . I feel like I'm harassing the admissions people every time I call, so I think I'll stop after today.

My guess is that we're going to hear something either tomorrow or Thursday. The first deposit deadline has passed. All they have to do now is get their ducks in a row again and figure out who on the hold list to admit.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:08 am

JCougar wrote:

My guess is that we're going to hear something either tomorrow or Thursday. The first deposit deadline has passed. All they have to do now is get their ducks in a row again and figure out who on the hold list to admit.
Just speculation, but I'd expect them to wait until after the first deposit deadline for late acceptances as well. End of April/beginning of May would seem to be the most likely time to deal with holds.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 am

stratocophic wrote:
JCougar wrote:

Just speculation, but I'd expect them to wait until after the first deposit deadline for late acceptances as well. End of April/beginning of May would seem to be the most likely time to deal with holds.

another month of waiting... sigh :cry:

adrib

Postby adrib » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:33 am

I think I'm on like my 4th complete: 4/5. lol.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:36 am

adrib wrote:I think I'm on like my 4th complete: 4/5. lol.

are you on the hold list or the waitlist?

adrib

Postby adrib » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:37 am

finalaspects wrote:

huh? where do i find this info?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:44 am

adrib wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

huh? where do i find this info?

never mind. if you were on one, you would have gotten an email.

adrib

Postby adrib » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 am

lame.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:58 am

adrib wrote:lame.

What are your numbers?

adrib

Postby adrib » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:59 am

JCougar wrote:

What are your numbers?

164/3.7. i'm going elsewhere. i just want the answer i paid for, dammit.

lshopeful3232

Postby lshopeful3232 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:38 am

this is my FIFTH complete. on 4/5. jesussss

and im not on hold or waitlist or anything...no word at all

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 am

adrib wrote:
JCougar wrote:

What are your numbers?

164/3.7. i'm going elsewhere. i just want the answer i paid for, dammit.

where are you headed?

(I felt the same way about USC. didn't care either way but if they weren't planning on actually processing my application I wanted the money back... that was the deal, after all)

Fast_Fingers

Postby Fast_Fingers » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:46 am

Unknownsou wrote:Sigh... and they don't know when they're gonna know who they can take from the hold list yet :( . I feel like I'm harassing the admissions people every time I call, so I think I'll stop after today.

Yeah, it's been a while since I received the letter, and I've indicated my interest right after receiving it.
And +1 to sibley...I feel the exact same way about USC too. Since I'm running out of patience, I'll probably send a deposit to U Minnesota on Friday, which has actually been responsive to apps. Hopefully this helps someone here.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:48 am

Fast_Fingers wrote:
Unknownsou wrote:Sigh... and they don't know when they're gonna know who they can take from the hold list yet :( . I feel like I'm harassing the admissions people every time I call, so I think I'll stop after today.

Yeah, it's been a while since I received the letter, and I've indicated my interest right after receiving it.
And +1 to sibley...I feel the exact same way about USC too. Since I'm running out of patience, I'll probably send a deposit to U Minnesota on Friday, which has actually been responsive to apps. Hopefully this helps someone here.

someone predicted late april/early may for the held list, and im inclined to agree....

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Fast_Fingers wrote:

someone predicted late april/early may for the held list, and im inclined to agree....

And what is the prediction for the earliest WLers will begin to hear?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm

MissLucky wrote:
And what is the prediction for the earliest WLers will begin to hear?

magic 8-ball tells me, either when the held list runs out, or when WUSTL secured their #'s enough to accept people by their softs. even the held list might not matter if wustl secures their #'s and WUSTL might only want people to create diversity. hope everyone has great softs.

all in all, i predict late May/early June?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 pm

I withdrew my 96K scholarship acceptance offer yesterday. Hope it gets to one of you guys.

vanstone22

Postby vanstone22 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Going for a visit on the 16th. I'm hoping to have my final decision to attend by the end of that day.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 pm

stratocophic wrote:Just speculation, but I'd expect them to wait until after the first deposit deadline for late acceptances as well. End of April/beginning of May would seem to be the most likely time to deal with holds.

finalaspects wrote:someone predicted late april/early may for the held list, and im inclined to agree....

Killjoys. I'm with the Cougar:
JCougar wrote:My guess is that we're going to hear something either tomorrow or Thursday. The first deposit deadline has passed. All they have to do now is get their ducks in a row again and figure out who on the hold list to admit.

Otherwise, this sentence from the e-mail is not only unnecessary, but misleading:
Admitted candidates have until April 1st to submit a deposit to reserve their seats in the entering class. As soon as we know that we have seats available, we will immediately notify those additional applicants to whom we are able to offer admission.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
stratocophic wrote:Just speculation, but I'd expect them to wait until after the first deposit deadline for late acceptances as well. End of April/beginning of May would seem to be the most likely time to deal with holds.

finalaspects wrote:someone predicted late april/early may for the held list, and im inclined to agree....

Killjoys. I'm with the Cougar:
JCougar wrote:My guess is that we're going to hear something either tomorrow or Thursday. The first deposit deadline has passed. All they have to do now is get their ducks in a row again and figure out who on the hold list to admit.

Otherwise, this sentence from the e-mail is not only unnecessary, but misleading:
Admitted candidates have until April 1st to submit a deposit to reserve their seats in the entering class. As soon as we know that we have seats available, we will immediately notify those additional applicants to whom we are able to offer admission.

I'm waiting....

--ImageRemoved--

Edit: Dood, you do know that there was a seat deposit deadline of April 15th for those admitted later on in the cycle. I would say they'll wait for that date to pass before they start pulling hold/waitlisted kids.
Last edited by chicoalto0649 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:17 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:I'm waiting....--ImageRemoved--
ha

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Current Status: Application Complete
Current Status Date: 4/6/2010

That's my third status update. Still no word.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Updated to 4/6, this is my third updated. 12/14, 2/4

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Updated to 4/6 as well!!! This is my 2nd update (2/3)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”