For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
emorystud2010
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby emorystud2010 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:30 pm

w
Last edited by emorystud2010 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noxhil
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby noxhil » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 pm

;
Last edited by noxhil on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 pm

noxhil wrote:
LincolnSquare wrote:Okay, so I applied in mid to late February. My status checker says "Completed" on 2/22. I think this was the second update but I am not entirely sure. I did not get the "Thank you for your patience..you'll hear soon" email and I haven't received the waitlist/hold email.

Has this happened to anyone else?


I'm in this group. Did everyone get a decision email today?


if you call a "hold" or a "waitlist" a decision then yes a lot of people received their decisions today.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 pm

noxhil wrote:
LincolnSquare wrote:Okay, so I applied in mid to late February. My status checker says "Completed" on 2/22. I think this was the second update but I am not entirely sure. I did not get the "Thank you for your patience..you'll hear soon" email and I haven't received the waitlist/hold email.

Has this happened to anyone else?


I'm in this group. Did everyone get a decision email today?


I got nothing...complete 2/2...

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:49 pm

I wonder what WUSTL's medians will be next year.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby stratocophic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:52 pm

romothesavior wrote:I wonder what WUSTL's medians will be next year.

Same here. I don't think the LSAT will increase, but GPA's a possibility. I'm going to need you to start working on passing USC, WUSTL. kthxbai

aspettando
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby aspettando » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 pm

noxhil wrote:
LincolnSquare wrote:Okay, so I applied in mid to late February. My status checker says "Completed" on 2/22. I think this was the second update but I am not entirely sure. I did not get the "Thank you for your patience..you'll hear soon" email and I haven't received the waitlist/hold email.

Has this happened to anyone else?


I'm in this group. Did everyone get a decision email today?


Exactly the same. Status checker complete at 3/11, no "thank you for your patience e-mail", and no waitlist/hold. At this point, I don't know what to think.

waitingfor1L
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby waitingfor1L » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:57 pm

Thoughts on visiting? Sooner rather than later? Think they want you to or don't want you to? Anyone call and ask?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:58 pm

stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I wonder what WUSTL's medians will be next year.

Same here. I don't think the LSAT will increase, but GPA's a possibility. I'm going to need you to start working on passing USC, WUSTL. kthxbai


USC and WUSTL had the same LSAT median, and wustl had a higher LSAT 75%. I believe their 50/75 GPA were pretty similar as well. it was just WUSTL's 25% of both LSAT and GPA that is lower than USC.

with that said, they won't beat USC.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:01 pm

Finally able to check the email (what, what, the e-mail) and got the "Hold" email. I guess that's the best I could have hoped for given what I've been reading. Oh, well, I guess that removes the burden of competing deposits for the moment.

User avatar
dvd
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby dvd » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby stratocophic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:03 pm

finalaspects wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I wonder what WUSTL's medians will be next year.

Same here. I don't think the LSAT will increase, but GPA's a possibility. I'm going to need you to start working on passing USC, WUSTL. kthxbai


USC and WUSTL had the same LSAT median, and wustl had a higher LSAT 75%. I believe their 50/75 GPA were pretty similar as well. it was just WUSTL's 25% of both LSAT and GPA that is lower than USC.

with that said, they won't beat USC.
Certainly not this year. 5 or 10 years down the road though, once their reputation's had a little time to catch up with their spot... we'll see :wink:

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colforbin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm

Any thoughts on what it means if you haven't gotten an email from them? Could they still be coming tonight?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm

colforbin wrote:Any thoughts on what it means if you haven't gotten an email from them? Could they still be coming tonight?


if you applied before march, i would give them a call and ask.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:10 pm

colforbin wrote:Any thoughts on what it means if you haven't gotten an email from them? Could they still be coming tonight?



You accidently sent your application to the University of Washington?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
colforbin wrote:Any thoughts on what it means if you haven't gotten an email from them? Could they still be coming tonight?



You accidently sent your application to the University of Washington?



water man! are you on hold or waitlist?

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 pm

finalaspects wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
colforbin wrote:Any thoughts on what it means if you haven't gotten an email from them? Could they still be coming tonight?



You accidently sent your application to the University of Washington?



water man! are you on hold or waitlist?



I'm on hold. Yes!!!???.... lol

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colforbin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Haha I did apply to UW and I applied early December, but with a December retake. There have to be others who haven't heard, right?

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby savesthedayajb » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:16 pm

I still haven't heard.

texasgal31
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby texasgal31 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:18 pm

so i got my fourth complete 3/31...still no word. is this a reject?

Whitters
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Whitters » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Ahhh! I'm completely confused!!! I received the WL email just like everyone else this morning, but then about an hour ago received an email from them mentioning something about an offer of admission and scholarship money, and hoping to increase my award after the deposit deadline. This has to be some sort of mistake. Should I email them to clarify? ( I just don't want to hear the bad news again after getting my hopes up!!)

LincolnSquare
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:57 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby LincolnSquare » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:22 pm

I just called to check the status of my application and was told that there hasn't been a decision made but that I should be hearing something "in a week or so."

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:22 pm

Whitters wrote:Ahhh! I'm completely confused!!! I received the WL email just like everyone else this morning, but then about an hour ago received an email from them mentioning something about an offer of admission and scholarship money, and hoping to increase my award after the deposit deadline. This has to be some sort of mistake. Should I email them to clarify? ( I just don't want to hear the bad news again after getting my hopes up!!)


lol i think one person received that email and it was a mistake. call and ask!

ylee0331
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ylee0331 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:23 pm

WL'd just this morning. I mean I have a good 1L friend at WUSTL right now and I seriously wanted to attend the school even at the sticker, but now I have to reconsider.

User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby pertristis » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:25 pm

I, too, got the magical hold email. I've decided to stick around on the off chance a large scholarship appears.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”