For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby fl0w » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Will you change your avatar to something less depressing if you get in?

Absolutely. I promised that to someone a long time ago on the NU thread, I believe, and then they put me on hold, so the avatar stuck around. If I get in I'll find a St. Louis-related avatar and use that.


i think you should just use this avatar and photoshop a big smile face onto it.

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colforbin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am

Should we still expect the emails to come this evening, or were they sent throughout the day yesterday?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:47 am

fl0w wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Will you change your avatar to something less depressing if you get in?

Absolutely. I promised that to someone a long time ago on the NU thread, I believe, and then they put me on hold, so the avatar stuck around. If I get in I'll find a St. Louis-related avatar and use that.


i think you should just use this avatar and photoshop a big smile face onto it.


+ 1

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby texaspecial88 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 am

Really surprised to have woken up today without an email from WUSTL... I don't get it. If its a rejection I am going to be really pissed I waited this long and checked my status checker so many times in vain.

Here is to the 3/23ers getting accepted today!

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:01 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:Really surprised to have woken up today without an email from WUSTL... I don't get it. If its a rejection I am going to be really pissed I waited this long and checked my status checker so many times in vain.

Here is to the 3/23ers getting accepted today!


They have been sending out decisions in the evenings, so waking up w/o email isn't a big deal. If nothing comes tonight, then I'd be concerned.

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby texaspecial88 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:03 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
texaspecial88 wrote:Really surprised to have woken up today without an email from WUSTL... I don't get it. If its a rejection I am going to be really pissed I waited this long and checked my status checker so many times in vain.

Here is to the 3/23ers getting accepted today!


They have been sending out decisions in the evenings, so waking up w/o email isn't a big deal. If nothing comes tonight, then I'd be concerned.


I go to bed early

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:08 pm

If the rest of us waiting don't hear today, then we'll start freaking out about hearing by "the end of the week" (cited by a couple of admissions staffers as the deadline they're working toward). If we don't hear anything by the end of the week, then we'll start freaking out about the next imaginary deadline they decide to dangle in front of us.

User avatar
mavsman88
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mavsman88 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:51 pm

mavsman88 wrote:im gonna chalk up today as a lost cause. i dont think anythings coming out. looks like mass emails are going out tomorrow, fingers crossed


I spoke way to soon... rejected ten minutes after my post with a 3.2 and a 166. shame i didnt get one more question right on my lsat. kindve expected a wl but surprised with the straight axe

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:53 pm

mavsman88 wrote:
mavsman88 wrote:im gonna chalk up today as a lost cause. i dont think anythings coming out. looks like mass emails are going out tomorrow, fingers crossed


I spoke way to soon... rejected ten minutes after my post with a 3.2 and a 166. shame i didnt get one more question right on my lsat. kindve expected a wl but surprised with the straight axe


what time was the email dated? wow...

User avatar
mavsman88
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mavsman88 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:02 pm

finalaspects wrote:
mavsman88 wrote:
mavsman88 wrote:im gonna chalk up today as a lost cause. i dont think anythings coming out. looks like mass emails are going out tomorrow, fingers crossed


I spoke way to soon... rejected ten minutes after my post with a 3.2 and a 166. shame i didnt get one more question right on my lsat. kindve expected a wl but surprised with the straight axe


what time was the email dated? wow...


3/30 at 445 central time

waitingfor1L
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby waitingfor1L » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm

Why'd you just get it now then?

mavsman88 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
mavsman88 wrote:
mavsman88 wrote:im gonna chalk up today as a lost cause. i dont think anythings coming out. looks like mass emails are going out tomorrow, fingers crossed


I spoke way to soon... rejected ten minutes after my post with a 3.2 and a 166. shame i didnt get one more question right on my lsat. kindve expected a wl but surprised with the straight axe


what time was the email dated? wow...


3/30 at 445 central time

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JOThompson » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:06 pm

Afraid to check my email.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 pm

JOThompson wrote:Afraid to check my email.


+1

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:12 pm

JOThompson wrote:Afraid to check my email.


I'm afraid that it's going to say "...we'd like to extend you an offer to join our waitlist..." because I won't have a barf bag handy.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
JOThompson wrote:Afraid to check my email.


I'm afraid that it's going to say "...we'd like to extend you an offer to join our waitlist..." because I won't have a barf bag handy.


on the airplane yesterday the barf bags said "feel better!"...thought that was funny.

anyway, good luck guys... it's not over til the fat lady sings. and when she does, you're that much closer to make a decision, either way.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JOThompson » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm

It's arrived. The email preview reads: "We appreciate your interest in attending Washington..."

Smells like a rejection but I think I'll eat breakfast before reading the entire message. Argh.

itsmytime10
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby itsmytime10 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm

WAITLISTED

general100
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby general100 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Just waitlisted with a 3.8/164.

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:16 pm

JOThompson wrote:It's arrived. The email preview reads: "We appreciate your interest in attending Washington..."

Smells like a rejection but I think I'll eat breakfast before reading the entire message. Argh.



It arrived just now?

User avatar
jakeoooh
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jakeoooh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:16 pm

WL here too- 3.0/ 175.

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:16 pm

oh boy the waitlists are coming, when is my decision coming?!?

finn17
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finn17 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Just waitlisted with 3.7/164

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JOThompson » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:18 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
JOThompson wrote:It's arrived. The email preview reads: "We appreciate your interest in attending Washington..."

Smells like a rejection but I think I'll eat breakfast before reading the entire message. Argh.



It arrived just now?

Came in about five minutes ago. Just mustered the courage to read it. Waitlisted, which is more than I realistically expected with my stats. I don't suppose I'll get any $ if I make it off the list, huh?

Good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
skamike
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby skamike » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:19 pm

WL

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:19 pm

jakeoooh wrote:WL here too- 3.0/ 175.



wow




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: call-me-bubbles, siyuanff, SNightHighlights and 6 guests