For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
romothesavior

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:I don't know that there is any reason to believe there will be no more acceptances. I know people are trying to lower their expectations as a safeguard, but even WUSTL has no idea whether there will need to be more acceptances or not. They still don't know exactly how many people will be sending in their $200 seat deposit, and they don't know how many of the people that do will be asking for their refundable deposit back.

Anyhow, people above median have fared pretty well off the waitlist. LSN shows that of the people that were WLed above median, few got WL-Rejected. The ones that didn't get admitted after being waitlisted eventually withdrew to go somewhere else instead of being rejected. If WUSTL is really your first choice, getting a WL and being above median might not be all that bad. Of course, this cycle is different from previous years. Applications are up slightly, and the prevalence of people with LSATs of 167+ has increased due to more people retaking the test. So who knows.

conclusion: no one knows.

i agree

+1. I got accepted pretty early, so I haven't really followed the crazy predictions and trends, but I have noticed that the trends have been bucked consistently. I don't think anyone can know for sure what is going to happen.

That said, best of luck to you all.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 pm

lshopeful3232 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
lshopeful3232 wrote:3/19 status checker update. no email yet.

166, 3.78...so i'm not exactly a splitter. hmm

you're considered a reverse splitter to WUSTL, with your GPA being over 3.7. if your GPA was below a 3.6 you probably would have been rejected today, considering they rejected a few 166s.

my lsat is only 1 pt below last year's median and well above the 25%....is that still considered reverse splitter? the people who got rejected with 166 had much lower gpas i thought.

well you're not a real reverse splitter but in the eyes of WUSTL you might be.

its not the 1 pt that matters but whether or not you're above or below the median. with 168 being WUSTL's 75% LSAT, 175 wouldn't be any different than a 169 if they were trying to keep 168 as their 75%.

so your 166 is actually dragging you down. and whether its 165 or 164 wouldn't matter since its still below median. 25% matters too but less so. so even GPA wise, being 3.59 will make a big different as opposed to 3.6

foosh

Postby foosh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Rejected today via email.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 pm

foosh wrote:Rejected today via email.

Holy smokes...with that LSAT?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:40 pm

JCougar wrote:

ok that scares me. not the fact that he has such an high LSAT (since a 169 is the same thing to WUSTL as a 180 in regards to their 75%) but i think he's the first splitter to get rejected which means they might not need splitters.... sigh :cry:

foosh

Postby foosh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:41 pm

According to them, record number of applicants is to blame.

EDIT: I did apply pretty late - January 28 to be exact.
Last edited by foosh on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 pm

We're all f***ed. Goodnight.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:47 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:

You can't tell anything from one rejection. They rejected a couple people above median in previous years, as well.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 pm

JCougar wrote:

You can't tell anything from one rejection. They rejected a couple people above median in previous years, as well.

he also had a bad day with gw. it could be a super late application or some issue in the app.

Rawlsian

Postby Rawlsian » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Withdrawn today, best of luck everyone.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:54 pm

TITCR. Mass WL coming tomorrow.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:54 pm

sibley wrote:
JCougar wrote:

he also had a bad day with gw. it could be a super late application or some issue in the app.

Sibley, how was your visit?

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:

In the past, their mass decision day (where they sent out all the rejections and almost all of the WLs) was 4/6 it looks like; however, all the WLs, rejections, and even a few acceptances were given out on the same day. So we might have a few acceptances peppered in tomorrow.

I think they just sent out this batch to get people to stop calling the admissions office. Now nobody wants to hear about a decision. :shock:

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:03 pm

JCougar wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:

In the past, their mass decision day (where they sent out all the rejections and almost all of the WLs) was 4/6 it looks like; however, all the WLs, rejections, and even a few acceptances were given out on the same day. So we might have a few acceptances peppered in tomorrow.

I think they just sent out this batch to get people to stop calling the admissions office. Now nobody wants to hear about a decision. :shock:

hahahaha sooo true

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:05 pm

JCougar wrote:

The LSAC GPA is below one cut off for a lot of schools and very possibly the reason...

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:08 pm

ruleser wrote:
JCougar wrote:

The LSAC GPA is below one cut off for a lot of schools and very possibly the reason...

Eeep. So is mine, and I haven't heard anything yet...

I have a feeling I may have to ride out a ton of waitlists this year, thanks to my late applications. Earlier in the cycle, the don't seem to have cared a lick about GPA with a 167+. But then again, retaking the LSAT in February was worth it. Wish I could have had this score in October, though.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:10 pm

JCougar wrote:
ruleser wrote:
JCougar wrote:

Eeep. So is mine, and I haven't heard anything yet...

I have a feeling I may have to ride out a ton of waitlists this year, thanks to my late applications. But then again, retaking the LSAT in February was worth it. Wish I could have had this score in October, though.

Anyone know how much WUSTL apps are up this year? Seems like a lot of TLSers are really interested in it, so I'm curious if this is representative of a trend.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:11 pm

romothesavior wrote:Anyone know how much WUSTL apps are up this year? Seems like a lot of TLSers are really interested in it, so I'm curious if this is representative of a trend.

I thought they had said 20%, but keep in mind, applications are up even more than applicants. So people are basically applying to more schools, which would produce a lower yield rate.

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:48 pm

foosh wrote:According to them, record number of applicants is to blame.

EDIT: I did apply pretty late - January 28 to be exact.

blame it on the a a a a a applicants

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Second update was 3.1 and no response today. 161, 164, 3.7 gpa. Wondering why I didn't get denied today. Makes me think there are plenty more rejections coming. Any other 3.1 ers here?

Scuzzlebutt

Postby Scuzzlebutt » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Ding! They said they were super impressed with my application though. That's not too much of a consolation. *sigh*

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Scuzzlebutt wrote:Ding! They said they were super impressed with my application though. That's not too much of a consolation. *sigh*

Are they still sending emails out or did you receive the email earlier?

narkizopoint

Postby narkizopoint » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 pm

rejected...boo.
finally moving on with life...yay?

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:04 pm

colforbin wrote:Second update was 3.1 and no response today. 161, 164, 3.7 gpa. Wondering why I didn't get denied today. Makes me think there are plenty more rejections coming. Any other 3.1 ers here?

Actually, your GPA is going to help you out there. They have been admitting people with your numbers, so don't get too down on them. WUSTL's GPA median is 3.7, and as long as you have a 163 (as in you won't lower their 25th %ile LSAT), they will need your GPA to keep that median. WUSTL's LSAT whoring is so blatant that people forget that they are GPA whores as well. I'd expect a waitlist at worst if I were you, and possibly a flat-out acceptance. You might not get any money, though.

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:30 pm

ruleser wrote:
JCougar wrote:

My LSAC GPA is 2.5 w/ LSAT 170. Applied 1-20. Not rejected, so that must not be a blanket rule. But I could very well be rejected tomorrow....

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”