For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:55 pm

ticklememauve wrote:Not me, I'm a reverse splitter (stats in profile) with a multitude of softs and strong LORs and PS. Third update on 3/23; no e-mail today.


looks like if you have a 3.6 or higher GPA, or a 167 or higher LSAT, we have a chance... then again it can be a mass waitlist so yea...

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:59 pm

finalaspects wrote:
ticklememauve wrote:Not me, I'm a reverse splitter (stats in profile) with a multitude of softs and strong LORs and PS. Third update on 3/23; no e-mail today.


looks like if you have a 3.6 or higher GPA, or a 167 or higher LSAT, we have a chance... then again it can be a mass waitlist so yea...


I am going to will my 2.7/170 all the way to an acceptance tomorrow. I think if I focus really hard on it, I can do it.

blackmamba76
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby blackmamba76 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:00 pm

And WTH is my status checker still saying "Application Complete 3/19" when I already got the ding email?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Also, anyone wanna wager on whether or not this will be the last round of rejections?

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:07 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Also, anyone wanna wager on whether or not this will be the last round of rejections?


I believe it is. The only question left is: is anybody else going to be accepted before April 1? I have a feeling the answer is no.
Last edited by Andrew the Wolverine on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unknownsou
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Unknownsou » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:08 pm

I'm an optimist, so I'll say that it's the last one until they finish accepting people.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Unknownsou wrote:I'm an optimist, so I'll say that it's the last one until they finish accepting people.


or finish waitlisting people.

wizoz
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby wizoz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Next question: Are all the 3/23 completes that didn't receive a ding email also URMs?

itsmytime10
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby itsmytime10 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Also, anyone wanna wager on whether or not this will be the last round of rejections?


I believe it is. The only question left is: is anybody else going to be accepted before April 1? I have a feeling the answer is no.


How can this be the last round of rejections. i really doubt it.

User avatar
ticklememauve
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ticklememauve » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:14 pm

wizoz wrote:Next question: Are all the 3/23 completes that didn't receive a ding email also URMs?


Nope, I'm not a URM.

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:14 pm

wizoz wrote:Next question: Are all the 3/23 completes that didn't receive a ding email also URMs?


I'm a 3/10er who's a URM who didn't receive the ding today, if that counts.

wizoz
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby wizoz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:15 pm

itsmytime10 wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Also, anyone wanna wager on whether or not this will be the last round of rejections?


I believe it is. The only question left is: is anybody else going to be accepted before April 1? I have a feeling the answer is no.


How can this be the last round of rejections. i really doubt it.


Andrew will fret like mad otherwise...please let him be optimistic :D!
I'm with ya Andrew...No more rejects!

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:16 pm

non URM but M and no email today (thank god). 3/23 was my 3rd update.

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:17 pm

wizoz wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Also, anyone wanna wager on whether or not this will be the last round of rejections?


I believe it is. The only question left is: is anybody else going to be accepted before April 1? I have a feeling the answer is no.


How can this be the last round of rejections. i really doubt it.


Andrew will fret like mad otherwise...please let him be optimistic :D!
I'm with ya Andrew...No more rejects!


Lol thanks. I meant I think it'll be the last round of rejects before April 1st (their stated deadline). Obviously some of the people on the WL will be rejected, but that won't be for a while. I'm trying to keep my hopes up. Positive thinking baby.

User avatar
Llewellyn
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Llewellyn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:20 pm

ticklememauve wrote:
wizoz wrote:Next question: Are all the 3/23 completes that didn't receive a ding email also URMs?
Nope, I'm not a URM.

So is that a selftar?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Llewellyn wrote:
ticklememauve wrote:
wizoz wrote:Next question: Are all the 3/23 completes that didn't receive a ding email also URMs?
Nope, I'm not a URM.

So is that a selftar?


if it is... forget law school... go become a model!

User avatar
ticklememauve
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ticklememauve » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Llewellyn wrote:
ticklememauve wrote:
wizoz wrote:Next question: Are all the 3/23 completes that didn't receive a ding email also URMs?
Nope, I'm not a URM.

So is that a selftar?


No, I wish.

It's a most-clever-witch-of-her-age-tar . . . http://christinasoldan.files.wordpress. ... ranger.jpg

Let me preempt the laughter: haha hehe haha.

lshopeful3232
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lshopeful3232 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:44 pm

3/19 status checker update. no email yet.

166, 3.78...so i'm not exactly a splitter. hmm

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 pm

lshopeful3232 wrote:3/19 status checker update. no email yet.

166, 3.78...so i'm not exactly a splitter. hmm


you're considered a reverse splitter to WUSTL, with your GPA being over 3.7. if your GPA was below a 3.6 you probably would have been rejected today, considering they rejected a few 166s.

User avatar
emorystud2010
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby emorystud2010 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:54 pm

a
Last edited by emorystud2010 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby J-tow10 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:55 pm

MissLucky wrote:non URM but M and no email today (thank god). 3/23 was my 3rd update.


Same here. I just wish WUSTL would either shit or get off the pott.
Last edited by J-tow10 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:im 162, 3.6, non-urm who went to a 3rd update on 3/23 who hasn't heard back. If softs matter at all in law school admissions, this is the one that would prove it.


once again with a 3.6GPA you are still a splitter at median GPA. if you were lower than 3.6, even a 3.59 i would have agreed.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:21 pm

I don't know that there is any reason to believe there will be no more acceptances. I know people are trying to lower their expectations as a safeguard, but even WUSTL has no idea whether there will need to be more acceptances or not. They still don't know exactly how many people will be sending in their $200 seat deposit, and they don't know how many of the people that do will be asking for their refundable deposit back.

Anyhow, people above median have fared pretty well off the waitlist. LSN shows that of the people that were WLed above median, few got WL-Rejected. The ones that didn't get admitted after being waitlisted eventually withdrew to go somewhere else instead of being rejected. If WUSTL is really your first choice, getting a WL and being above median might not be all that bad. Of course, this cycle is different from previous years. Applications are up slightly, and the prevalence of people with LSATs of 167+ has increased due to more people retaking the test. So who knows.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm

JCougar wrote:I don't know that there is any reason to believe there will be no more acceptances. I know people are trying to lower their expectations as a safeguard, but even WUSTL has no idea whether there will need to be more acceptances or not. They still don't know exactly how many people will be sending in their $200 seat deposit, and they don't know how many of the people that do will be asking for their refundable deposit back.

Anyhow, people above median have fared pretty well off the waitlist. LSN shows that of the people that were WLed above median, few got WL-Rejected. The ones that didn't get admitted after being waitlisted eventually withdrew to go somewhere else instead of being rejected. If WUSTL is really your first choice, getting a WL and being above median might not be all that bad. Of course, this cycle is different from previous years. Applications are up slightly, and the prevalence of people with LSATs of 167+ has increased due to more people retaking the test. So who knows.


conclusion: no one knows.

i agree

lshopeful3232
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lshopeful3232 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:26 pm

finalaspects wrote:
lshopeful3232 wrote:3/19 status checker update. no email yet.

166, 3.78...so i'm not exactly a splitter. hmm


you're considered a reverse splitter to WUSTL, with your GPA being over 3.7. if your GPA was below a 3.6 you probably would have been rejected today, considering they rejected a few 166s.


my lsat is only 1 pt below last year's median and well above the 25%....is that still considered reverse splitter? the people who got rejected with 166 had much lower gpas i thought.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, a.sch, afenthiko1, cyclawps, hamburg, jer0689, lizzie1867, Majestic-12 [Bot], pantsuitchic, patrickkpaul and 29 guests