For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
romothesavior

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Llewellyn wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Anyone know how law review works at WUSTL? Is it grades-based, purely a write-on, or some combination of the two?

Top 10% after 1L is complete grades on given a good-faith effort at the writing competition.
The rest get in purely based on the writing competition, ~33% of the class does one of the three journals, I believe.

Sorry, your sentence is phrased oddly and I'm confused. Top 10% are automatically on LR if they give a good faith effort at the competition? Am I understanding that correctly?

Llewellyn

Postby Llewellyn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Yea, that's right. Sorry about the confusion, it made sense to me in my head.

top10% grade-on (but have to do the writing competition like everyone else)

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Llewellyn wrote:Yea, that's right. Sorry about the confusion, it made sense to me in my head.

top10% grade-on (but have to do the writing competition like everyone else)

Awesome, thanks for the info.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Just paid the deposit. I guess it isn't quite the same since it is refundable through May, but I did get excited when they sent me the "Welcome to the Class of 2013" confirmation email. :D

cendien

Postby cendien » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 pm

Deposited as well, but may withdraw depending on final aid offer.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 pm

jks289 wrote:Just paid the deposit. I guess it isn't quite the same since it is refundable through May, but I did get excited when they sent me the "Welcome to the Class of 2013" confirmation email. :D
nice :).
will be sending my deposit in on the 1st.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:57 pm

cendien wrote:Deposited as well, but may withdraw depending on final aid offer.
by final aid offer do you mean scholly or need based financial aid? i think need based aid is just loans. also did they give you a time frame for when you should expect it?

dvd

Postby dvd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:02 am

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 am

dvd wrote:
najumobi wrote:
cendien wrote:Deposited as well, but may withdraw depending on final aid offer.
by final aid offer do you mean scholly or need based financial aid? i think need based aid is just loans. also did they give you a time frame for when you should expect it?
I think he means scholarship offer.
ah ok

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:07 am

Well, shucks, guys. Another day come and gone. Mass acceptances tomorrow? Pizza parties for everybody? Anything can happen...

...sigh.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:35 am

ugh i just built a model trying to figure out how much more it would cost me to go, and it is SOOOO much money. It has me seriously spooked. Im at a point where law school feels like a crazy decision, oh what a difference 24 hours makes. Yesterday the only thing i had against the school was an imaginary blond bimbo

mavsman88

Postby mavsman88 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 am

Called admissions yesterday and they said scholarship money was not dependent on when you got in and just because you haven't heard yet doesn't mean your not getting money. Also they reassured me that everyone would hear by tomorrow.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:45 am

mavsman88 wrote:Called admissions yesterday and they said scholarship money was not dependent on when you got in and just because you haven't heard yet doesn't mean your not getting money. Also they reassured me that everyone would hear by tomorrow.

I wonder if that means that decisions are coming out this evening (because they usually do it on Tuesdays/Thursdays) or tomorrow because it's the last day of the month (giving them the most time available while still keeping their promise). Cmon WUSTL!

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:52 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Well, shucks, guys. Another day come and gone. Mass acceptances tomorrow? Pizza parties for everybody? Anything can happen...

...sigh.

Haha, yes! I love food...

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:05 am

mavsman88 wrote:Called admissions yesterday and they said scholarship money was not dependent on when you got in and just because you haven't heard yet doesn't mean your not getting money. Also they reassured me that everyone would hear by tomorrow.

so...if they are still planning on maybe giving money, then that means that people who haven't heard yet aren't ALL rejections/WL...

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:17 am

and the beast wrote:

so...if they are still planning on maybe giving money, then that means that people who haven't heard yet aren't ALL rejections/WL...

i think that means that just because you haven't heard that you're getting scholarship money yet doesn't mean you aren't, not that if you haven't heard if you're in yet you're getting scholarship money. does that make sense? with that said, i'd still imagine that some of the people who haven't gotten in yet will be getting some scholarship money. come on webster society!

mavsman88

Postby mavsman88 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:50 am

no i said i hadnt heard if i was in yet and she said that didnt mean i wasnt getting money. the time u get in doesnt affect the likelihood of you getting money

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:51 am

mavsman88 wrote:no i said i hadnt heard if i was in yet and she said that didnt mean i wasnt getting money. the time u get in doesnt affect the likelihood of you getting money

ohhhhh okay. thanks for clearing that up. out of curiosity, what is your latest update?

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:53 am

mavsman88 wrote:no i said i hadnt heard if i was in yet and she said that didnt mean i wasnt getting money. the time u get in doesnt affect the likelihood of you getting money

I like this. It implies more acceptances AND more scholarships. Hopefully it's not just admissions-office runaround.

itsmytime10

Postby itsmytime10 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:53 am

from talking to them today...i think there will be decisions coming out for sure today. But the lady also mentioned that not all decisions will come out by the end of the month so some people will hear in April.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:59 am

itsmytime10 wrote:from talking to them today...i think there will be decisions coming out for sure today. But the lady also mentioned that not all decisions will come out by the end of the month so some people will hear in April.

What kind of people will hear in April? Were there super late applications that won't be decided on until then?

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 am

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:from talking to them today...i think there will be decisions coming out for sure today. But the lady also mentioned that not all decisions will come out by the end of the month so some people will hear in April.

What kind of people will hear in April? Were there super late applications that won't be decided on until then?

I got my first complete in november and haven't heard back yet

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:05 am

boo jersey shore wrote:I sincerely hope you get in with money. I'm sick of your cycle. Srsly.

Thanks. I'm sick of it, too, and sick of posting about it. WUSTL, you could make all my dreams come true! Forget the scholarship money, just give me an acceptance and an autographed Pujols bat.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:08 am

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:

i'm also wondering what makes itsmytime10 so certain decisions are coming out today? i mean, i would welcome that (especially if mine is included and it's favorable), but just curious.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 am

texaspecial88 wrote:I got my first complete in november and haven't heard back yet

X Eleventy-quadrillion.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”