For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Unknownsou

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Unknownsou » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Goddammit, Cincinnati Law. You are not WashU. Your emails don't belong in my goddamned inbox!!

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Goddammit, Cincinnati Law. You are not WashU. Your emails don't belong in my goddamned inbox!!

omg +1 jajaja

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:09 pm

for rills tho..3/23 = admit?

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:10 pm

najumobi wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:So I'm assuming if us 3/23ers for some reason are admitted, how are people feeling about the sticker price at Wash U? I'm a bit apprehensive...

i'll probably be going to wustl. i think wustl is in the category of the schools that aren't worth sticker.......i know many people say no school outisde of yhs is worth sticker but i don't think that's just ridiculous. for me, schools all the way down to texas/vandy/ucla/usc are worth sticker.

I think the "being worth sticker price" label depends a lot on your financial situation, and so it can't be said about any school generally. If you scraped by through undergrad, have a ton of debt, and aren't looking for BigLaw, then most schools won't be worth sticker price. However, if your parents make a lot of money, and they are paying for your entire education, then any school is worth sticker price because price doesn't matter. It also depends on your numbers: if you have a 3.9, 175, then most schools won't be worth sticker price because you can get huge scholarships just about everywhere. OOH, if you have a 2.7, 153, then any Tier 2 school is worth sticker because you should be happy getting in anywhere.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
najumobi wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:So I'm assuming if us 3/23ers for some reason are admitted, how are people feeling about the sticker price at Wash U? I'm a bit apprehensive...

i'll probably be going to wustl. i think wustl is in the category of the schools that aren't worth sticker.......i know many people say no school outisde of yhs is worth sticker but i don't think that's just ridiculous. for me, schools all the way down to texas/vandy/ucla/usc are worth sticker.

I think the "being worth sticker price" label depends a lot on your financial situation, and so it can't be said about any school generally. If you scraped by through undergrad, have a ton of debt, and aren't looking for BigLaw, then most schools won't be worth sticker price. However, if your parents make a lot of money, and they are paying for your entire education, then any school is worth sticker price because price doesn't matter. It also depends on your numbers: if you have a 3.9, 175, then most schools won't be worth sticker price because you can get huge scholarships just about everywhere. OOH, if you have a 2.7, 153, then any Tier 2 school is worth sticker because you should be happy getting in anywhere.

tru that

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm

MissLucky wrote:for rills tho..3/23 = admit?

let's hope so. STL is ballin' and i'd kill to be there. otherwise it's probably illinois/iowa for me.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:14 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
najumobi wrote:

just to clarify, you think WUSTL isn't worth sticker?
correct. i will likely be at wustl this fall but would not be paying sticker to go there.
Last edited by najumobi on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:16 pm

najumobi wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:
najumobi wrote:

just to clarify, you think WUSTL isn't worth sticker?
correct. i will likely be at wustl this fall but will not be paying sticker.

fair.

emorystud2010

Postby emorystud2010 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:18 pm

\to get
Last edited by emorystud2010 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:20 pm

3/23 here

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:20 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:

let's hope so. STL is ballin' and i'd kill to be there. otherwise it's probably illinois/iowa for me.

How many ppl are 3/23ers? If its more than 5-10 ppl, i would find it very difficult to believe that 3/23ers (myself included) could all be admits with all the green dots already on LSN. I really want to go to Wash U since Im from MO, my sis will be there, and my mom wants to move there, but I have this feeling it might be a waitlist. BTW, i would also give up television for all 3 yrs (and im a huge sports guy) to get in.

then again maybe wustl may not be doing batched decisions nemore

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:23 pm

MissLucky wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:

How many ppl are 3/23ers? If its more than 5-10 ppl, i would find it very difficult to believe that 3/23ers (myself included) could all be admits with all the green dots already on LSN. I really want to go to Wash U since Im from MO, my sis will be there, and my mom wants to move there, but I have this feeling it might be a waitlist. BTW, i would also give up television for all 3 yrs (and im a huge sports guy) to get in.

then again maybe wustl may not be doing batched decisions nemore

i had that thought as well. so now we're back to the question: who has the cojones to call in and see when the 3/23ers are getting a decision?

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 pm

webbylu87 wrote:i had that thought as well. so now we're back to the question: who has the cojones to call in and see when the 3/23ers are getting a decision?

PLEASE someone do it. even anonymously. I would do it in a heartbeat but I can't at work (and I can't leave) =(

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:29 pm

3/23 here. I about had a coronary when I saw my "status update" email...

keemos

Postby keemos » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:30 pm

I called. They said there was no final decision on my file and that they would try to get a decision by the end of the month. Nothing new there...I say we all stop speculating and simply wait to hear something decisive

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Edit: spoke too soon. Thanks for calling!

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:32 pm

keemos wrote:I called. They said there was no final decision on my file and that they would try to get a decision by the end of the month. Nothing new there...I say we all stop speculating and simply wait to hear something decisive

agh! so potentially 3/23 is a marker for needing further review. would certainly fit for my application.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:34 pm

J Burrito wrote:Edit: spoke too soon. Thanks for calling!

These status dates are meaningless. I called and they said that they are trying to get all completed applications decided on by the end of March. I've done my fair share of speculating and endlessly hoping they will hurry up, but I think next week is the target date even if you're a 3/23er.

ticklememauve

Postby ticklememauve » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
sibley wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:I still can't figure out if being Cuban is worth anything. I have heard conflicting reports, does it differ between schools? Does anybody know what WashU admin people think about it?

if you don't send me your mom's bread recipe when I visit on Tuesday I'm gonna tell them to not let in Andrew, this hair wolf-like Cuban kid.

I don't think she's ever made Cuban bread, but she does make a damn good ropa vieja...

MY FAVORITE FOOD EVER. Oh yeah.

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Amazingly, still stuck at 2/3....looked so promising then. Imagine it's a WL at best now. Although I got the "don't forget about us" email earlier this week.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Everyone should hit up Pappy's BBQ http://www.pappyssmokehouse.com/ if they're gonna be in the Lou ths weekend and have a car (or know someone with a car!).

The line might be very long but still worth it. Best ribs ever! I am sad to leave St. Louis and this fine bbq establishment behind.

Also, the 3-23ers will be a mixed batch of accepts/wls/rejections. Just calling it now.

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm still at 2/3 too

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:27 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Everyone should hit up Pappy's BBQ http://www.pappyssmokehouse.com/ if they're gonna be in the Lou ths weekend and have a car (or know someone with a car!).

The line might be very long but still worth it. Best ribs ever! I am sad to leave St. Louis and this fine bbq establishment behind.

Also, the 3-23ers will be a mixed batch of accepts/wls/rejections. Just calling it now.

agreed. on all counts.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 pm

2/3 also. Are we all high LSAT splitters?

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:47 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:2/3 also. Are we all high LSAT splitters?

166/3.67 (with legal/gov't affairs experience)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”