For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:17 pm

ksgator wrote:Has anybody here tried St Louis Ooey Gooey butter cake? It's reason enough to move to the city.



Is this a sick joke?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 02082010 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:38 pm

For those who were accepted during the first wave:

How long did it take for the admit packet to be mailed to you after you got the email? Is there any more substantive info on the "Scholar is Law Award?" Seems like everyone got that mentioned in their email. Has anyone called and gotten a definitive date on when merit aid awards would be decided/mailed out?

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by 02082010 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 02082010 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:42 pm

http://www.law.wustl.edu/admissions/index.asp?ID=74#scholars

Scholar in Law Awards

Scholar in Law Awards are merit based and awarded to candidates who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievements and LSAT performance. Every applicant is automatically reviewed for scholarship consideration whether or not he or she applies for financial aid.

User avatar
Llewellyn
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Llewellyn » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:55 pm

ksgator wrote:Has anybody here tried St Louis Ooey Gooey butter cake? It's reason enough to move to the city.

pervy!

User avatar
UF Gators
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby UF Gators » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:40 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
ksgator wrote:Has anybody here tried St Louis Ooey Gooey butter cake? It's reason enough to move to the city.



Is this a sick joke?

Now why would you think I was joking?

User avatar
poprox
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby poprox » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:48 pm

funny, we had coworkers visting from K.C. the other day and someone brought gooey butter cake to share - it was left out in the kitchen. They all wanted to know what it was, but when I described it no one would even try it. I don't blame them as that stuff is basically butter and sugar, pretty nasty.

User avatar
moonshine
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby moonshine » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:57 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:For those who were accepted during the first wave:

How long did it take for the admit packet to be mailed to you after you got the email? Is there any more substantive info on the "Scholar is Law Award?" Seems like everyone got that mentioned in their email. Has anyone called and gotten a definitive date on when merit aid awards would be decided/mailed out?

Edited for clarity.


fwiw, i was admitted on 12/9 and still have not received anything in the mail...

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 02082010 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:07 pm

moonshine wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:For those who were accepted during the first wave:

How long did it take for the admit packet to be mailed to you after you got the email? Is there any more substantive info on the "Scholar is Law Award?" Seems like everyone got that mentioned in their email. Has anyone called and gotten a definitive date on when merit aid awards would be decided/mailed out?

Edited for clarity.


fwiw, i was admitted on 12/9 and still have not received anything in the mail...


Okay, I'm going to call tomorrow and see what's up. Have you gotten any further correspondence from them at all? Even via email.

User avatar
lifeaway1985
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lifeaway1985 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:55 am

How many rounds of acceptance have been run? I have been application complete for a month in my status checker and hear nothing more.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 02082010 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:39 am

lifeaway1985 wrote:How many rounds of acceptance have been run? I have been application complete for a month in my status checker and hear nothing more.


2

User avatar
legalzoom
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby legalzoom » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 am

I was also accepted on 12/9 and have not received a package in the mail (live in Chicago too)... I wonder what the delay is...

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby killuminati » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 am

someone mentioned earlier that last year, all contact from WUSTL was done via e-mail.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:09 pm

killuminati wrote:someone mentioned earlier that last year, all contact from WUSTL was done via e-mail.


+1. I was going to say this, but wasn't sure if it was accurate. Save a tree.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 02082010 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Called.

A flash drive (Michigan style) will be sent out mid-late January that will function as an admitted students packet. $$$ notifications will be made via email in Feb/March.

Do they have an ASW?

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby superflush » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:20 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:A flash drive (Michigan style) will be sent out mid-late January that will function as an admitted students packet. $$$ notifications will be made via email in Feb/March.


It would be cool if the scholarship offers were on the flash drive too.

hopefulundergrad wrote:Do they have an ASW?


They definitely will. Last year they had ASDs in Feb & March

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NayBoer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:30 pm

I seem to remember something about them not making scholarship considerations until you do FAFSA, but I could be mistaken.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:30 pm

I just spoke with their admissions office on the phone and they said that they will not be doing anymore decisions before Christmas. Just thought I'd pass this info along so that all of you crazy status checkers (like me) can relax and enjoy your week.

tropskys
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby tropskys » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:37 pm

ksgator wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
ksgator wrote:Has anybody here tried St Louis Ooey Gooey butter cake? It's reason enough to move to the city.



Is this a sick joke?

Now why would you think I was joking?



I learned something today. I thought Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes were a concotion of Paula Deen (Food Network)! She is always making them on her show. I didn't know they were a city's "local delicacy" of sorts.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 09042014 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:39 pm

romothesavior wrote:I just spoke with their admissions office on the phone and they said that they will not be doing anymore decisions before Christmas. Just thought I'd pass this info along so that all of you crazy status checkers (like me) can relax and enjoy your week.


Cool, thanks for the info.

User avatar
UF Gators
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby UF Gators » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:29 pm

tropskys wrote:
I learned something today. I thought Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes were a concotion of Paula Deen (Food Network)! She is always making them on her show. I didn't know they were a city's "local delicacy" of sorts.

I want Paula Dean to adopt me and feed me.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:11 pm

ksgator wrote:
tropskys wrote:
I learned something today. I thought Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes were a concotion of Paula Deen (Food Network)! She is always making them on her show. I didn't know they were a city's "local delicacy" of sorts.

I want Paula Dean to adopt me and feed me.



Isnt that the women who uses all the lard in her food. If so I advise you to reconsider.

User avatar
UF Gators
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby UF Gators » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:28 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
ksgator wrote:
tropskys wrote:
I learned something today. I thought Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes were a concotion of Paula Deen (Food Network)! She is always making them on her show. I didn't know they were a city's "local delicacy" of sorts.

I want Paula Dean to adopt me and feed me.



Isnt that the women who uses all the lard in her food. If so I advise you to reconsider.

I don't remember asking for your advice nor do I care what you think. hth

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 02082010 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:31 pm

ksgator wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
ksgator wrote:
tropskys wrote:
I learned something today. I thought Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes were a concotion of Paula Deen (Food Network)! She is always making them on her show. I didn't know they were a city's "local delicacy" of sorts.

I want Paula Dean to adopt me and feed me.



Isnt that the women who uses all the lard in her food. If so I advise you to reconsider.

I don't remember asking for your advice nor do I care what you think. hth


internet animosity ftw.

User avatar
Llewellyn
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Llewellyn » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Last year they had ASD's in Jan, Feb, & Mar, I believe.

ksgator wrote:I don't remember asking for your advice nor do I care what you think. hth

Please eat a lot of lard because you are too skinny! hth

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby tintin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:53 pm

I just got an acceptance email, it also said I'm under consideration for some scholarship thingy.

Funny because in my PS I told them I would be thrilled to attend the University of Washington. Srsly, I thought I was applying to the one in Seattle......but I guess they're not picky!!! :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ellielaw, Exabot [Bot], jstans, MichiganHoosier, musiclover123, TudoBem, wild11cat and 24 guests