For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 pm

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:
TrackTony88 wrote:Same...went from 2/4 to 3/23...

URM - Cuban here...reverse splitter.

omg can you get your mom to send me a bread recipe? ...seriously. Cuban bread is the most amazing thing ever.

also can someone please explain the difference between a splitter and a reverse one? I never knew.

high gpa/low lsat = reverse splitter

high lsat/low gpa = splitter

splitters are more rare, since there can technically be an unlimited amount of 4.0GPA's out there, while the LSAT is more standardized.

Well don't I feel special. I'm left-handed, too. I'm like... one in a million! =D And ty. I don't know if I'll remember the definition so sorry if I ask you again next week. it's confusing to me, especially since more people on here seem to be splitters than reverse ones, or at least to proclaim themselves as such.

and on that note, why is the one the splitter and the other the reverse? shouldn't it be the other way around so the more standard term fits for the more standard people?

i think they first looked for a term that defined the high LSAT scorers who had low GPA, which is what matters more to law schools anyways.

then the people with high GPA/low LSAT wanted a term so they just took the reverse of that. reverse splitters can become normal if they take the test again. however its very difficult for regular splitters to ever become normal unless they go to school for another 4 years to offset it, and even then its averaged so its difficult.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:24 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:omg can you get your mom to send me a bread recipe? ...seriously. Cuban bread is the most amazing thing ever.

also can someone please explain the difference between a splitter and a reverse one? I never knew.

high gpa/low lsat = reverse splitter

high lsat/low gpa = splitter

splitters are more rare, since there can technically be an unlimited amount of 4.0GPA's out there, while the LSAT is more standardized.

Well don't I feel special. I'm left-handed, too. I'm like... one in a million! =D And ty. I don't know if I'll remember the definition so sorry if I ask you again next week. it's confusing to me, especially since more people on here seem to be splitters than reverse ones, or at least to proclaim themselves as such.

and on that note, why is the one the splitter and the other the reverse? shouldn't it be the other way around so the more standard term fits for the more standard people?

i think they first looked for a term that defined the high LSAT scorers who had low GPA, which is what matters more to law schools anyways.

then the people with high GPA/low LSAT wanted a term so they just took the reverse of that. reverse splitters can become normal if they take the test again. however its very difficult for regular splitters to ever become normal unless they go to school for another 4 years to offset it, and even then its averaged so its difficult.

true. it's so hard to be normal. ...lol.... thanks.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:25 pm

webbylu87 wrote:so do we have any predictions as far as what the 3/23ers are?

+1

thoughts?

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:29 pm

MissLucky wrote:

+1

thoughts?

I am one of them, and I predict WL

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:33 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

+1

thoughts?

realistically me too. but i can't take another WL. I DEMAND AN ACCEPTANCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:34 pm

MissLucky wrote:
texaspecial88 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

+1

thoughts?

realistically me too. but i can't take another WL. I DEMAND AN ACCEPTANCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

do we think we will hear today and does WUSTL do decisions in batches?

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:40 pm

sibley wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
kswiss wrote:WUSTL is my T20 holdout. Otherwise its probably Tier 2 for me.

170 sub 3.0

No way you have to settle for Tier 2 with that LSAT. I got into Iowa with a shit GPA and a 161, and that was before i retook and got a 170. You are shouldn't be so discouraged, I think a few Tier 1's will accept you, maybe even WashU.

yeah you're leaving out 30 schools.

I applied all over, I just don't know if the schools I get into will be worth the $$ and the inconvenience of moving to an unknown place compared to increased job opportunities. I got WL at Iowa yesterday. Still waiting to hear from UC Davis, and WUSTL. I was WL at UIUC last week. I only really applied at schools in cities I'd want to move to. I was also WL @ Duke (hah, was expecting straight reject).

On the other hand, I'm in at a regional T2 that is in a city where I have family, have a scholarship, and it's in a place that I would love to settle down in (i'm married with 2 kids). So its not straight rankings for me. That said, if I get into any of those schools minus maybe UC Davis (too fucking expensive), I'll probably attend.

edited for shittown spelling
Last edited by kswiss on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 pm

MissLucky wrote:do we think we will hear today and does WUSTL do decisions in batches?

i certainly hope we hear today. i'm going insane. and they do seem to send out decisions in batches. whether or not all the decisions in the batch are the same, i'm not entirely sure.

TrackTony88

Postby TrackTony88 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:48 pm

I hope we hear soon!

Even though I am a diehard cubs fan, I will pretend to like the Cardinals for one day WashU!...but only one day..if an acceptance..maybe two.

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:13 pm

No emails today. :cry:

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:14 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:No emails today. :cry:

Bah!

adk6

Postby adk6 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:23 pm

webbylu87 wrote:

Bah!

I think the email we got from admissions might mean that WUSTL isn't going to tell us anything for a long time. The WLs and Holds didn't hear until April 6th of last year...

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

adk6 wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:

Bah!

I think the email we got from admissions might mean that WUSTL isn't going to tell us anything for a long time. The WLs and Holds didn't hear until April 6th of last year...

Double Bah!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Can someone tell me what they see under Fees in their status checker??

Does it look like this?

Fees
Date Due Amt. Due Amt. Paid Date Paid
Application Fee Paid: 1/3/2010 70.00 70.00 1/3/2010
First Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00
Second Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00

Bolded the things I don't think were there before today....

or maybe i am going crazy

noxhil

Postby noxhil » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:38 pm

/
Last edited by noxhil on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:40 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Can someone tell me what they see under Fees in their status checker??

Does it look like this?

Fees
Date Due Amt. Due Amt. Paid Date Paid
Application Fee Paid: 1/3/2010 70.00 70.00 1/3/2010
First Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00
Second Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00

Bolded the things I don't think were there before today....

or maybe i am going crazy

I always had those.

adk6 wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:

I would suggest that since the email yesterday said they would be trying to get a decision before the next month start we will in fact know before April 1st. I guess we'll find out in a week though.

Bah!

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:57 pm

I have no clue wth WUSTL or any of the other schools I'm waiting on are doing, and there's little utility in guessing at this point.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Got my 2nd complete today.

guinness85

Postby guinness85 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Does WUSTL accept only via email?

jumpropeck

Postby jumpropeck » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:14 pm

How long does it take to hear back about SIL awards?

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 pm

jumpropeck wrote:How long does it take to hear back about SIL awards?

Forever. I have been waiting over a month with no hope of hearing anything soon. I emailed them stating that I didn't really want to put a deposit down when I don't even know what I will be paying...and THEY are the ones who told me I was being considered for SIL. All they said is "it's refundable." That may be true, but it is still my money. I mean, most schools either put it in the original acceptance letter, or follow it up in a week or so (in my experience)...if they knew they were considering me, what on earth could take over a month?

JayCole

Postby JayCole » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:40 pm

nowinGA wrote:

Forever. I have been waiting over a month with no hope of hearing anything soon. I emailed them stating that I didn't really want to put a deposit down when I don't even know what I will be paying...and THEY are the ones who told me I was being considered for SIL. All they said is "it's refundable." That may be true, but it is still my money. I mean, most schools either put it in the original acceptance letter, or follow it up in a week or so (in my experience)...if they knew they were considering me, what on earth could take over a month?

Yeah, I knew the deposit was refundable I'm just trying to gauge whether or not I will have to pay multiple deposits.

jman77

Postby jman77 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:42 pm

nowinGA wrote:

My guess is that they have already given out a ton of money, so they want/need to wait until after the 1st deposit deadline to see if any of that money will get freed up for distribution to the next batch of awardees.

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:50 pm

I am curious, if they are waiting on a more definite number of matriculants, whether the scholarship awards will significantly decrease compared with the awards issued prior to this month-long hiatus.

Integrity

Postby Integrity » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:03 am

Dear WUSTL, please accept this punctilious reverse splitter who has shown consistent interest since October!

LOL...what is their reputation with reverse splitters anyway? I know they love splitters.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”