For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:14 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:
sibley wrote:Ugh April 1st is nuts... crap. That's like... in 3 minutes

+1

its like a decade for those still waiting on decisions and on the waitlist...

time is relative

Katherine

Postby Katherine » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:15 pm

From the looks of it, we all have similar LSAT's... any thoughts on the decision?

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:You can depost online with a credit card, correct? I didn't want to go past the screen that says I accept my seat...

I will be depositing by April 1st, but I'm just waiting for no reason until later this week. I don't mind risking $200.

No risk, it's refundable before May 1st. Not necessarily great for the school, but very considerate towards students.

How they have treated (most) of us applicants, and the reputation of their professors making a lot of time for students has really impressed me. I know that there are bound to be some professors that are exceptions, but I have heard mostly good things.

dvd

Postby dvd » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:18 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:You can depost online with a credit card, correct? I didn't want to go past the screen that says I accept my seat...

I will be depositing by April 1st, but I'm just waiting for no reason until later this week. I don't mind risking $200.

No risk, it's refundable before May 1st. Not necessarily great for the school, but very considerate towards students.

How they have treated (most) of us applicants, and the reputation of their professors making a lot of time for students has really impressed me. I know that there are bound to be some professors that are exceptions, but I have heard mostly good things.
Same here. Every dealing I've had with the school has seemed to be geared specifically towards helping me, and current students make it seem like career searches are more of the same.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:21 pm

utcris410 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:UTCRIS:

Did you get an email today twin?

Got the status email buuuut no acceptance...

Received the status email, no acceptance, but status just changed today! :) GL #s twin!

lol same here....im actually gonna sit in on a class at wustl what a cowinky-dink

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
stratocophic wrote:

Same here. Every dealing I've had with the school has seemed to be geared specifically towards helping me, and current students make it seem like career searches are more of the same.

Unfortunately, it sounds like career services has to be like that given the economy and the fact that any non- T14 (maybe even non-T10) other than Vandy has been hit hard.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Unfortunately, it sounds like career services has to be like that given the economy and the fact that any non- T14 (maybe even non-T10) other than Vandy has been hit hard.

Too true... hence my likely futile negotiation attempt at Vandy :|

Katherine

Postby Katherine » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Is it still the general understanding that emails won't be released until late afternoon?

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Katherine wrote:Is it still the general understanding that emails won't be released until late afternoon?

I think so. I haven't heard of decision emails being sent out before late afternoon. They sent out status update emails in the morning recently, but those weren't decisions.

keemos

Postby keemos » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:17 pm

I also updated to 3/23 from 3/1. My stats are 163/3.43

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:18 pm

bought my flight! visiting next tuesday.

(don't have an assigned seat on the first flight so hopefully I'll manage to get there...)
Last edited by sibley on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exitlane

Postby exitlane » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:18 pm

updated 3/23. This is like my third or possibly fourth update. URM with double major and high GPA but low lsat. Very peculiar personal statement with unique/difficult upbringing. Included genuine interest to permanently reside in Missouri- Majority of my family lives in Missouri yet I was raised in California--I would like to reconnect with them and get out the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. Does it sound good or bad?

bstrunk

Postby bstrunk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Me too. 1/14 - 3/1 - 3/23

beast510

Postby beast510 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:20 pm

12/31 3/1 3/9

Argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh

Give me a decision or give me a death...

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:21 pm

beast510 wrote:12/31 3/1 3/9

Argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh

Give me a decision or give me a death...

You might end up dead, the way things are going.

keemos

Postby keemos » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm really really really hoping that a lot of people above both medians sent in deposits. As someone mentioned earlier that would mean they would have to consider accepting some people below both medians to balance it out. URMs with low numbers or people with impressive softs could fill this role

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm

keemos wrote:I'm really really really hoping that a lot of people above both medians sent in deposits. As someone mentioned earlier that would mean they would have to consider accepting some people below both medians to balance it out. URMs with low numbers or people with impressive softs could fill this role

My softs are so good, they'll give the admissions people hards.

Point is, I hope I get in.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:26 pm

keemos wrote:I'm really really really hoping that a lot of people above both medians sent in deposits. As someone mentioned earlier that would mean they would have to consider accepting some people below both medians to balance it out. URMs with low numbers or people with impressive softs could fill this role

NOOOOOOOOOO

as a splitter i must disagree! a school will accept a certain amount of URM's regardless although i can see how they will accept more if that theory holds true.

but come on, i worked hard for my LSAT!!! , and as an URM you already get an advantage!

AttractiveNuisance

Postby AttractiveNuisance » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:28 pm

exitlane wrote:updated 3/23. This is like my third or possibly fourth update. URM with double major and high GPA but low lsat. Very peculiar personal statement with unique/difficult upbringing. Included genuine interest to permanently reside in Missouri- Majority of my family lives in Missouri yet I was raised in California--I would like to reconnect with them and get out the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. Does it sound good or bad?

Hope you get in man, sounds like you deserve it. Would love to have you here, keep us updated.

keemos

Postby keemos » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:29 pm

finalaspects wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOO

as a splitter i must disagree! a school will accept a certain amount of URM's regardless although i can see how they will accept more if that theory holds true.

but come on, i worked hard for my LSAT!!! , and as an URM you already get an advantage!

I'm not an URM, and people work hard developing impressive softs too...Obviously you worked hard for your LSAT score and deserve a fair chance just as much as anyone else.

panadera

Postby panadera » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Above both medians and sent in the deposit today. :)

I've been reading this thread for the past few days, and you guys all waiting really seem to want WUSTL. I think that's great, and I hope it works out. I'd love to see you all in the fall. Seriously you're all in my thoughts. Good luck!

motedust

Postby motedust » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 pm

WUSTL's status checker and the 3 completes --> DR theory has quickly made this my most obsessive application this cycle. I'm just thinkin they should let in 3.0x/168 psych majors in...like ASAP. (3/8 3/10 3/19 FWIW)

keemos

Postby keemos » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:32 pm

panadera wrote:

Above both medians and sent in the deposit today. :)

I've been reading this thread for the few days, and you guys all waiting really seem to want WUSTL. I think that's great, and I hope it works out. I'd love to see you all in the fall. Seriously you're all in my thoughts. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm keeping my expectations low but there's always hope

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:33 pm

keemos wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOO

I'm not an URM, and people work hard developing impressive softs too...Obviously you worked hard for your LSAT score and deserve a fair chance just as much as anyone else.

oh my mistake on thinking you were an URM. but as a non-URM if they need to fill the lower spots i think you're out of luck if you're not above the 50/75 in at least one category...

URM status probably beats out almost all softs...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”