For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Eazy E

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Eazy E » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 am

jrobby6 wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
Eazy E wrote:Got the e-mail, too. Kinda tardy to the party, WUSTL. I would've really been into the school three months ago, but it's almost April. Gotta assume a ding or a very disingenuous accept.

How can you have a "disingenuous accept"?

lol i was thinking the same. im pretty sure all the acceptance emails read the same

Haha, I was being a bit of a smart-ass. For me personally, an acceptance this late in the game would be hard to really consider seriously (how am I going to visit in time with rapidly approaching acceptance deadlines, etc.) Plus, you gotta think that these schools who haven't said jack to you since October must assume that you've taken another offer (either officially or just in your head) by now.

But really, just being a smart-ass. :D

msbeautifulbasham

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 am

keemos wrote:Bottom line is that the email said "all" completed applications. Seems to me that we can infer that all types of decisions will come by the end of the month.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone who is still under review not receive the email?

I did not receive it... :(

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:59 am

keemos wrote:Bottom line is that the email said "all" completed applications. Seems to me that we can infer that all types of decisions will come by the end of the month.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone who is still under review not receive the email?

anyone who thinks that they will be rejected get this email? (low LSAT pretty much) but i guess excluding high GPA (reverse splitters)

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:02 pm

finalaspects wrote:

anyone who thinks that they will be rejected get this email? (low LSAT pretty much) but i guess excluding high GPA (reverse splitters)

I'm below both medians but >25% and got the email.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 pm

finalaspects wrote:

i can definitely seeing myself and my 163 getting the boot. then again i seem to think lately that my application is compelling enough for at least a waitlist. i have no idea though really. hoping for the best, planning for the worst.

itsmytime10

Postby itsmytime10 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:04 pm

finalaspects wrote:

Mmm..interesting that not everyone received this email. Could it be that those that received the email are admits and the extra time is needed to put their package together(scholarship info etc).....:)

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:07 pm

msbeautifulbasham: If you feel comfortable telling us when you applied and if you think you are a probable reject/WL/admit that would be really helpful to all of us. Anyone else who didn't receive the email feel free to do the same. Again, much appreciated

mcm1211

Postby mcm1211 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 pm

finalaspects wrote:

Yep, I consider myself to be an auto-reject at WUSTL... I only applied to humor my good friend who just moved to St. Louis. Non-URM, 3.5/160. Like everyone else I freaked out after the first sentence, I even threw a giant fist pump during class.

Seeing how everyone else got this email, I retract the fist pump and still feel like an auto-reject?

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 pm

finalaspects wrote:

Reverse-splitter here as well. I had already assumed a rejection after my 2nd complete date back in January and having not heard anything.

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 pm

itsmytime10 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Mmm..interesting that not everyone received this email. Could it be that those that received the email are admits and the extra time is needed to put their package together(scholarship info etc).....:)

Haha, I wish! But I'm sure my numbers would disprove your theory.

Integrity

Postby Integrity » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:10 pm

Reverse splitter here, and I did receive the e-mail. Updates on 12/10, 1/12, and 3/10.

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Sigh. The first sentence of the email said something about delight and I nearly shat myself. Then I retracted the shit once I read the rest of it. :-/

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Sigh. The first sentence of the email said something about delight and I nearly shat myself. Then I retracted the shit once I read the rest of it. :-/

Wow. That was...graphic.

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
Unknownsou wrote:Sigh. The first sentence of the email said something about delight and I nearly shat myself. Then I retracted the shit once I read the rest of it. :-/

Wow. That was...graphic.

Yeah, you should smell it.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Just went app complete 3/22. Had been complete 2/3 previously.

Rawlsian

Postby Rawlsian » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Visiting tomorrow. Anyone have suggestions on anything in particular I should check out?

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Rawlsian wrote:Visiting tomorrow. Anyone have suggestions on anything in particular I should check out?

+1 to this question. I emailed the pres of my university bc he used to be a dean there. He said to ask the students, that they're the best judges =)

AttractiveNuisance

Postby AttractiveNuisance » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:57 pm

sibley wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:Visiting tomorrow. Anyone have suggestions on anything in particular I should check out?

+1 to this question. I emailed the pres of my university bc he used to be a dean there. He said to ask the students, that they're the best judges =)

Just explore the facilities... check out the atrium, reading room, court rooms, etc. All beautiful. The free happy hours in the atrium on friday's are a good time to meet current students. Meet the dean if you can, he is the man. Check out the tennis courts, the drill field, the buildings, etc.

jumpropeck

Postby jumpropeck » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:57 pm

FunkyJD wrote:Just went app complete 3/22. Had been complete 2/3 previously.

+1 and no e-mail to indicate a decision. I am still hoping for the best but preparing for less.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Still 2/3, but then again, that was my third update.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:23 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
JCougar wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:Well, it says that all decisions will be made by the end of the month, so i am sure rejects will also go out at the end of the month.

I think they'll still wait a week for rejects/WLs. If they haven't rejected anybody at this point, they might as well wait the extra few days and see how many people mail in the seat deposit.

I think they have an "idea" of who's getting dinged at this point barring a miracle or having their file blow into the admit/ WL pile.

Yeah, but they've had this idea the whole cycle and they still haven't rejected the auto-rejects. I think at this point, they definitely wait to see who sends in the seat deposits.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Last edited by hiromoto45 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:18 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:...

You were supposed to send that in with your original application.
Last edited by JCougar on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 pm

I didn't turn it in until after acceptance and things turned out fine for me. So, hiromoto, don't worry, just get it in ASAP (that's what she said).
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Yeah, it's not a big deal...just get it in quickly. They're not going to let that make an admissions decision for them.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”