For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kilpatrick

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Kilpatrick » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 am

Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 am

Can I just say that as a general observation, I believe the fact that all of us literally went to this forum seconds after receiving this email shows 1) our obsession and 2) that we deserve to be accepted. I believe Ms. Janet Bolin should take this into consideration. Fact.
Last edited by webbylu87 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks for the update, WUSTL.

bstrunk

Postby bstrunk » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:19 am

Dear BStrunk,

We are delighted that you applied to Washington University School of Law! As was the case for many schools this year, our application volume is up by almost 20%.

I saw the We are delighted and just about walked out of my job. DAMN!

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 am

JCougar wrote:Yes, I just got that same e-mail, and my heart jumped up into my throat and nearly choked me.

DAMMIT WUSTL!!! No communication from you unless it's to accept me!!!

+1

Just got the e-mail as well and got a little bit excited. Haven't visited this thread in a while, but last I knew it's usually 2 status updates and then a decision (unless you were WL/dinged in which case you wouldn't actually hear until April). I guess I'm a bit confused now that I received that e-mail. Complete dates: 11/20 and 1/12

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 am

bstrunk wrote:
Dear BStrunk,

We are delighted that you applied to Washington University School of Law! As was the case for many schools this year, our application volume is up by almost 20%.

HAHA. I am imagining you sitting at your desk, and packing up for a split second before you realized that it wasn't a decision. Good stuff.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 am

webbylu87 wrote:Can I just say that as a general observation, I believe the fact that all of us literally went to this forum seconds after receiving this email shows 1) our obsession and 2) that we deserve to be accepted. I believe Ms. Janet Bolin should take this into consideration. Fact.

+1

ticklememauve

Postby ticklememauve » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:28 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:Almost had a god damned stroke:

Just got an e-mail titled

" Status Update from Washington University School of Law"

March 22, 2010

Dear Chicoalto0649,

We are delighted that you applied to Washington University School of Law! As was the case for many schools this year, our application volume is up by almost 20%. We are working very hard to review all applications and hope to have decisions made on all completed applications by the end of this month. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated!

Best wishes,
Janet Bolin
Associate Dean of Admissions, Students and Career Services
Washington University School of Law

grrrrrrrr.....never include exclamation marks in the first sentence of an admissions email unless you are getting admitted!!

+1

jrobby6

Postby jrobby6 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:29 am

So, does this mean we're all getting accepted since WUSTL usually does not send out rejections and/or waitlists till April?

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 am

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
bstrunk wrote:
Dear BStrunk,

HAHA. I am imagining you sitting at your desk, and packing up for a split second before you realized that it wasn't a decision. Good stuff.

=D
I understand the getting the hell out of dodge with work. Soon, don't you worry =)

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:30 am

jrobby6 wrote:So, does this mean we're all getting accepted since WUSTL usually does not send out rejections and/or waitlists till April?

obviously

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:32 am

MissLucky wrote:
jrobby6 wrote:So, does this mean we're all getting accepted since WUSTL usually does not send out rejections and/or waitlists till April?

obviously

Please don't add that layer of analysis to my already exhausted mind. I can't handle it.

itsmytime10

Postby itsmytime10 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:34 am

Well, it says that all decisions will be made by the end of the month, so i am sure rejects will also go out at the end of the month.

Eazy E

Postby Eazy E » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 am

Got the e-mail, too. Kinda tardy to the party, WUSTL. I would've really been into the school three months ago, but it's almost April. Gotta assume a ding or a very disingenuous accept.

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 am

Eazy E wrote:Got the e-mail, too. Kinda tardy to the party, WUSTL. I would've really been into the school three months ago, but it's almost April. Gotta assume a ding or a very disingenuous accept.

I will gladly take a disingenuous accept

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 am

keemos wrote:
Eazy E wrote:Got the e-mail, too. Kinda tardy to the party, WUSTL. I would've really been into the school three months ago, but it's almost April. Gotta assume a ding or a very disingenuous accept.

I will gladly take a disingenuous accept

+1

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 am

How can you have a "disingenuous accept"?

jrobby6

Postby jrobby6 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 am

lol i was thinking the same. im pretty sure all the acceptance emails read the same

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:43 am

jrobby6 wrote:

lol i was thinking the same. im pretty sure all the acceptance emails read the same

I think they meant the feeling behind the post. Like they're really saying "oh, yeah... I guess you can come." no matter what the email itself says.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:50 am

itsmytime10 wrote:Well, it says that all decisions will be made by the end of the month, so i am sure rejects will also go out at the end of the month.

I think they'll still wait a week for rejects/WLs. If they haven't rejected anybody at this point, they might as well wait the extra few days and see how many people mail in the seat deposit.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 am

JCougar wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:Well, it says that all decisions will be made by the end of the month, so i am sure rejects will also go out at the end of the month.

I think they'll still wait a week for rejects/WLs. If they haven't rejected anybody at this point, they might as well wait the extra few days and see how many people mail in the seat deposit.

they could still send out the rejections. the WLs would be a worthwhile wait, though

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 am

JCougar wrote:

I think they have an "idea" of who's getting dinged at this point barring a miracle or having their file blow into the admit/ WL pile.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

JCougar wrote:

Makes sense to me.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:55 am

technically they said that they hope to have all decisions made by the end of the month. could take longer...

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 am

Bottom line is that the email said "all" completed applications. Seems to me that we can infer that all types of decisions will come by the end of the month.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone who is still under review not receive the email?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”