For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:43 pm

I'll be there too.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:45 pm

dvd wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Me too. I tried getting a thread going called "WUSTL March 26 ASD" or something like that, if you want to search for it. Basically, I think it would be nice to get some TLSers together for a little social gathering over the weekend.


agreed. post a link here if you do get a thread going.


http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111453

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:54 am

Anyone else with "complete" updates today?

Or, for that matter, anyone else who has gotten their third "complete" but not yet heard anything?

This is driving me crazy.

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby PDaddy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:11 am

meddlingkid wrote:This is only my 2nd status change, not my 3rd. I think there were quite a few people that got a decision rendered after 3 changes.

My numbers are so-so: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/meddlingkid


Does "decision rendered" typically mean rejection? I am curious. I once wound up on a WL after getting one, but how rare is that? I am still being evaluated, btw.

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby motedust » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:44 am

JCougar wrote:Anyone else with "complete" updates today?

Or, for that matter, anyone else who has gotten their third "complete" but not yet heard anything?

This is driving me crazy.


Yooooo, same updates as you pretty much! 1st 3/8, 2nd 3/10, 3rd 3/19. Same stats as well. Does it go "Decision Rendered" then an e-mail comes?? Is there anyone who's had 3 updates and no decision??

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:31 am

motedust wrote:
JCougar wrote:Anyone else with "complete" updates today?

Or, for that matter, anyone else who has gotten their third "complete" but not yet heard anything?

This is driving me crazy.


Yooooo, same updates as you pretty much! 1st 3/8, 2nd 3/10, 3rd 3/19. Same stats as well. Does it go "Decision Rendered" then an e-mail comes?? Is there anyone who's had 3 updates and no decision??


There's no further status updates, it seems. You get your third complete, and then soon after, they have sent people an admissions e-mail telling you that you're in. But this late in the cycle, who knows if that pattern will hold.

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lawduder » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:16 pm

JCougar wrote:
motedust wrote:
JCougar wrote:Anyone else with "complete" updates today?

Or, for that matter, anyone else who has gotten their third "complete" but not yet heard anything?

This is driving me crazy.


Yooooo, same updates as you pretty much! 1st 3/8, 2nd 3/10, 3rd 3/19. Same stats as well. Does it go "Decision Rendered" then an e-mail comes?? Is there anyone who's had 3 updates and no decision??


There's no further status updates, it seems. You get your third complete, and then soon after, they have sent people an admissions e-mail telling you that you're in. But this late in the cycle, who knows if that pattern will hold.

"soon" is very relative here.. 2/3 was my last complete and I got my decision 2/16

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:42 pm

lawduder wrote:
JCougar wrote:
motedust wrote:
JCougar wrote:Anyone else with "complete" updates today?

Or, for that matter, anyone else who has gotten their third "complete" but not yet heard anything?

This is driving me crazy.


Yooooo, same updates as you pretty much! 1st 3/8, 2nd 3/10, 3rd 3/19. Same stats as well. Does it go "Decision Rendered" then an e-mail comes?? Is there anyone who's had 3 updates and no decision??


There's no further status updates, it seems. You get your third complete, and then soon after, they have sent people an admissions e-mail telling you that you're in. But this late in the cycle, who knows if that pattern will hold.

"soon" is very relative here.. 2/3 was my last complete and I got my decision 2/16


Aargh. That blows. Hopefully, because it's later in the cycle, those time periods will be condensed. I'm going to south beach next weekend, and I want a reason to relax and party.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:14 am

so who is going to the asd this friday?

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:48 am

I'll be there.

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby musicfor18 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Anyone else still waiting to hear about scholarship?

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nowinGA » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 pm

musicfor18 wrote:Anyone else still waiting to hear about scholarship?


I am. A little irritated. My admission letter stated I was being considered...but then nothing.

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby musicfor18 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:58 pm

nowinGA wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:Anyone else still waiting to hear about scholarship?


I am. A little irritated. My admission letter stated I was being considered...but then nothing.


Yeah, exactly the same thing here. When did you get your admit email? I wrote to the FA director almost 2 weeks ago, who told me my file was currently being reviewed by the scholarship committee, and that I should have a decision before the deposit deadline. They sure won't be giving me much time to make a decision!

mbaino
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:22 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mbaino » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm waiting for scholarship info also. I received my admit email on the 5th. *sigh*

I'm going to ASD on Friday also.

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Integrity » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:22 pm

My complete days are 12/10, 1/12, and 3/10...does that mean a decision is coming soon since people are speaking of three updates and a decision? My application was submitted in October. Been a long wait...

blackmamba76
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby blackmamba76 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:28 pm

So, is it safe to assume that decisions usually come after the 3rd update? Just got my 2nd update, 3/19, 1st was 2/25.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:13 am

Just got their status update email. So, maybe one more week for a decision? :)

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:13 am

Almost had a god damned stroke:

Just got an e-mail titled

" Status Update from Washington University School of Law"

March 22, 2010

Dear Chicoalto0649,

We are delighted that you applied to Washington University School of Law! As was the case for many schools this year, our application volume is up by almost 20%. We are working very hard to review all applications and hope to have decisions made on all completed applications by the end of this month. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated!

Best wishes,
Janet Bolin
Associate Dean of Admissions, Students and Career Services
Washington University School of Law



grrrrrrrr.....never include exclamation marks in the first sentence of an admissions email unless you are getting admitted!!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:14 am

mbaino wrote:I'm waiting for scholarship info also. I received my admit email on the 5th. *sigh*

I'm going to ASD on Friday also.


wanted to go but it's full. and the flights are $490. (balks). Might go on the 31st if it's an option - flights are only $190 then. they'll cover that much for me =)

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:14 am

Did anyone else just get the status update email for those still waiting on a decision? It said they're hoping to get decisions out by the end of this month. Gah, nearly had a heart attack thinking it was a decision!

CBHoff
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby CBHoff » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:15 am

I'm on my third update (1/14, 2/3, 3/19) and just got this:

March 22, 2010

Dear ________,

We are delighted that you applied to Washington University School of Law! As was the case for many schools this year, our application volume is up by almost 20%. We are working very hard to review all applications and hope to have decisions made on all completed applications by the end of this month. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated!

Best wishes,
Janet Bolin
Associate Dean of Admissions, Students and Career Services
Washington University School of Law


Looks like the wait will end soon. :P

User avatar
soccerchick47
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby soccerchick47 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 am

webbylu87 wrote:Did anyone else just get the status update email for those still waiting on a decision? It said they're hoping to get decisions out by the end of this month. Gah, nearly had a heart attack thinking it was a decision!


Haha yes I did, and I too almost had a heart attack! Hopefully this email means they are still accepting people and all those waiting aren't just WL/rejections!

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JCougar » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 am

Yes, I just got that same e-mail, and my heart jumped up into my throat and nearly choked me.

DAMMIT WUSTL!!! No communication from you unless it's to accept me!!!

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 am

webbylu87 wrote:Did anyone else just get the status update email for those still waiting on a decision? It said they're hoping to get decisions out by the end of this month. Gah, nearly had a heart attack thinking it was a decision!

+1

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:17 am

Just got that email too. DAMN YOU WUSTL! I saw it was them in the subject line and I thought it was a decision! So close, yet so far. Hurry up, March 31, can't get here soon enough.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kaziende, mm2368, pandaaa, potterotter and 14 guests