For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Andrew the Wolverine

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:34 am

najumobi wrote:
Zinn Man wrote:najumobi,

I am writing to you because you seem to know the ins and outs of the admissions process. If you don't mind I want you to give it to me straight. I have a thick skin, so don't worry about. I got LSAT 158, 3.6 gpa in Communications, a Master's Degree in Film and I am from Los Angeles. I applied in November and I got a second complete 2/4. Do I have a legitimate shot or should I just quit thinking about them? Is the delay simply because they're waiting to do a mass rejection (which I have yet to understand how that helps efficiency when it is emailed)?

Also, looking at your stats, I would be infuriated with IU-Bloomington. How can you get rejected there but then get into WUSTL with scholarship totaling 117K?????!!!!! I believe IU-Bloomington has the oddest admissions standards. I get the sense they don't know what they're looking for.
with wustl it comes down to applicants' numbers. because both of your stats (lsat and gpa) are under wustl's medians you'll probably be rejected. and you're right about wustl sending out rejections in mass. that usually happens starting the 1st of april.

in regards to iu-b minority admissions is weird so i'm not very surprised by their decision especially considering i don't help out their medians.

What do you think my chances are with a 2.7 (massive upward trend, addressed reason for which in app) and a 170?

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:10 am

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:What do you think my chances are with a 2.7 (massive upward trend, addressed reason for which in app) and a 170?
you probably have a 50/50 shot at getting in.

myq

Postby myq » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 am

Andrew, we're numbers twins and I got in. Applied in December, got accepted late January.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:24 pm

myq wrote:Andrew, we're numbers twins and I got in. Applied in December, got accepted late January.

That's very encouraging. I'd love to get in. I applied in January but they waited until I got my Feb 2010 LSAT score, so I am still waiting. I think I'd wait for the next cycle to apply again if I don't get in because I think if I applied super early I would get in an get some $$, which would be amazing.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Hey WUSTL,

Yea, I am talking to you. Remember me? I am the person who returned from a visit of your law school completely enamored with it. I have defended you at every opportunity on this board. Trust me, there are a lot of naysayers on this board who feel your top 20 ranking is a product of shameless number whoring. I still defended you, even as I had to endure hearing from applicants who went complete on February 1st brag about their acceptance received on February 3rd. Every week, since my complete date (January 5th) I kept assuring myself that this week will be the week, that WUSTL looks past numbers and would welcome the diversity I would bring into their incoming class. I even wrote a very strong and concise "Why Wustl" essay. Trust me, I did not write any other "Why X" essays for any other school, even ones ranked considerably higher than you. It has been 14 days since I had my FIRST status change to March 1st. I remember where I was sitting in my favorite cafe when I hit the refresh button and saw what appeared to be a sign that you finally decided that we would spend the next three years together. Alas, all I have heard since that day is silence.

So here we are in the middle of March. In a few weeks, you will be flooding patient applicant's inboxes with half-hearted rejections/offers of waitlists. I am starting to suspect that I have earned a place on your waitlist. Seriously, you had enough time to review my application and if you really wanted me, you would have brought me good news by now. If this is the case (as I presume it will be) I will be simply flabbergasted that an LSAT score that is only four measly points below your auto-admit/LSAT orgasm floor is not good enough to earn me a spot in your entering class. It will change a lot about how I perceive you as an institution and make me come to the conclusion that putting together a diverse student body is ancillary to milking the USNews ranking game.

As one of your most loyal supporters on this message board, I still hold on to a sliver of hope that I will be accepted before the April 1st deadline. The choice lies with you WUSTL.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:48 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:Hey WUSTL,

Yea, I am talking to you. Remember me? I am the person who returned from a visit of your law school completely enamored with it. I have defended you at every opportunity on this board. Trust me, there are a lot of naysayers on this board who feel your top 20 ranking is a product of shameless number whoring. I still defended you, even as I had to endure hearing from applicants who went complete on February 1st brag about their acceptance received on February 3rd. Every week, since my complete date (January 5th) I kept assuring myself that this week will be the week, that WUSTL looks past numbers and would welcome the diversity I would bring into their incoming class. I even wrote a very strong and concise "Why Wustl" essay. Trust me, I did not write any other "Why X" essays for any other school, even ones ranked considerably higher than you. It has been 14 days since I had my FIRST status change to March 1st. I remember where I was sitting in my favorite cafe when I hit the refresh button and saw what appeared to be a sign that you finally decided that we would spend the next three years together. Alas, all I have heard since that day is silence.

So here we are in the middle of March. In a few weeks, you will be flooding patient applicant's inboxes with half-hearted rejections/offers of waitlists. I am starting to suspect that I have earned a place on your waitlist. Seriously, you had enough time to review my application and if you really wanted me, you would have brought me good news by now. If this is the case (as I presume it will be) I will be simply flabbergasted that an LSAT score that is only four measly points below your auto-admit/LSAT orgasm floor is not good enough to earn me a spot in your entering class. It will change a lot about how I perceive you as an institution and make me come to the conclusion that putting together a diverse student body is ancillary to milking the USNews ranking game.

As one of your most loyal supporters on this message board, I still hold on to a sliver of hope that I will be accepted before the April 1st deadline. The choice lies with you WUSTL.

Undoubtedly WUSTL saw this post and chuckled. We are mere pawns in their gigantic game of chess law admissions. I don't think that metaphor works, but who cares. Here's to hoping for some damn decisions this week.

soccerchick47

Postby soccerchick47 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:54 am

From the WashU website:

March 15 Notification target date by which decisions are sent to candidates applying by March 1 (possible decisions are Admit, Deny, Waitlist)

so hopefully we will hear something today!!!

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:02 am

soccerchick47 wrote:From the WashU website:

March 15 Notification target date by which decisions are sent to candidates applying by March 1 (possible decisions are Admit, Deny, Waitlist)

holy crap you're right, that would be awesome if they decided today. Good catch.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:04 am

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:

holy crap you're right, that would be awesome if they decided today. Good catch.

they won't.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:05 am

Wash U doesn't pay for your hotel, do they? The $200 stipend will only cover my flight =/ doesn't leave any left over for transportation, food, hotel.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:09 am

people have already called and it was confirmed that they are late. most likely the end of the month/early april.

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:23 pm

finalaspects wrote:

people have already called and it was confirmed that they are late. most likely the end of the month/early april.

I read somewhere that Washington University's applications are up by 19% this year. So, it's no wonder that they're behind. However, that doesn't bode well for those of use at or below their last years medians as they now have a significantly large pool to choose from. IMO, I think they've already given out the amount of acceptances that they want for this year and are waiting to hear from those before they offer any more. They haven't gone longer than 2 weeks without giving out acceptances. I guess if we don't hear anything back tomorrow, that's not a good sign for acceptance and more a sign of either a WL or Reject.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 pm

clwilson6 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I read somewhere that Washington University's applications are up by 19% this year. So, it's no wonder that they're behind. However, that doesn't bode well for those of use at or below their last years medians as they now have a significantly large pool to choose from. IMO, I think they've already given out the amount of acceptances that they want for this year and are waiting to hear from those before they offer any more. They haven't gone longer than 2 weeks without giving out acceptances. I guess if we don't hear anything back tomorrow, that's not a good sign for acceptance and more a sign of either a WL or Reject.

That's no excuse because applications are up everywhere, and other schools have been quick in their decisions. It probably has more to do with waiting to see how many people accept their admissions.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Email from WashU today:

Your financial aid file is complete and your award letter is scheduled to go out by email this week.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:26 pm

sibley wrote:Email from WashU today:

Your financial aid file is complete and your award letter is scheduled to go out by email this week.

When did your file go complete?

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:28 pm

sibley wrote:Email from WashU today:

When did your file go complete?

I got my status checker on 12/29 and was admitted on Feb 2. Got my scholar in law award Feb 25. And I did my FAFSA the 2nd week of Feb.

Lalalawyer0102

Postby Lalalawyer0102 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi everyone

I have a couple of questions. Has anyone who was admitted on 2/23 heard about scholarship info?

What are people wearing to Admitted Students Day events? Sorry if it seems like a silly question. I don't want to be over or under dressed.

Thanks

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Lalalawyer0102 wrote:Hi everyone

I have a couple of questions. Has anyone who was admitted on 2/23 heard about scholarship info?

What are people wearing to Admitted Students Day events? Sorry if it seems like a silly question. I don't want to be over or under dressed.

Thanks

Sorry hon,

This thread is now solely reserved for people making baseless claims about the significance of a cryptic status changes/ trying to guess when the rejections/waitlists will come out.

If it helps, I think there is a WUSTL 2013 thread.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks

They already let you in. I say jeans and a nice top.

Lalalawyer0102

Postby Lalalawyer0102 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:12 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:

Thanks

Sorry hon,

This thread is now solely reserved for people making baseless claims about the significance of a cryptic status changes/ trying to guess when the rejections/waitlists will come out.

If it helps, I think there is a WUSTL 2013 thread.

Thanks! I'm sorry to intrude! I hope you get good news soon! Good Luck!

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm IN by email! :D

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:11 pm

calgal17 wrote:I'm IN by email! :D

wow congrats! when was the email dated? and when did you apply?

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Thanks final! The email is dated today March 15th. Applied 11/23, Complete 12/14.

Cale39

Postby Cale39 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Congrats. Can I ask your stats?

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:17 pm

CONGRATS! When was your last "complete" date?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”