For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hiromoto45

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 pm

foosh wrote:I doubt anything is going to come today. General speculation is that they filled up their class and are stalling to see how many spots fill up. Might not be till late March/early April before we hear the rest of the decisions.

+1 I called and the person said late March and that no decision has been made on my app (2/3). So I guess we might get another review then a decision at the end of the month.

foosh

Postby foosh » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 pm

darklighter13 wrote:
foosh wrote:General speculation is that they filled up their class and are stalling to see how many spots fill up.

General speculation where?

Read this forum.

onetimeonly95

Postby onetimeonly95 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:07 pm

DAMN YOU WUSTL!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:17 pm

so no one heard anything?.... maybe they accepted like 5 people all of whom doesn't use TLS or LSN.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:17 pm

WUSTL, you are coming dangerously close to provoking a preemptive Ding Bar'ing.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 pm

finalaspects wrote:so no one heard anything?.... maybe they accepted like 5 people all of whom doesn't use TLS or LSN.

very possible.
good luck to you guys still waiting =) no news is better than bad news... even though the wait sucks. immensely.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:23 pm

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:so no one heard anything?.... maybe they accepted like 5 people all of whom doesn't use TLS or LSN.

very possible.
good luck to you guys still waiting =) no news is better than bad news... even though the wait sucks. immensely.

well no news is about to become bad news. they will start mass rejections in april so if we don't hear by then....
Last edited by finalaspects on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:24 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:

very possible.

well no news is about to become bad news. they will start mass rejections on april so if we don't hear by then....

that's very gestapo of them.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 pm

has anybody ever been admitted to WUSTL?

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:has anybody ever been admitted to WUSTL?

It has happened before. During the contentious summer of '68, when political uprisings swept across the country, it even happened twice.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:36 pm

FunkyJD wrote:

It has happened before. During the contentious summer of '68, when political uprisings swept across the country, it even happened twice.

thought that was just an urban legend....

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:39 pm

FunkyJD wrote:

I don't believe it. I refuse to believe there have been any acceptances ever, ever.

adrib

Postby adrib » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:

I don't believe it. I refuse to believe there have been any acceptances ever, ever.

andrew, what ever happened with the letter for that lauren chick? y'all married yet?

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 pm

adrib wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:

andrew, what ever happened with the letter for that lauren chick? y'all married yet?

hahaha I told her about it and it's all done. That was a few weeks ago, I didn't think anybody was still following it lol. No proposal yet, though, sorry.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:47 pm

FunkyJD wrote:

It's true. It would have been three in '68, but they YP'd Elvis Presley.

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:52 pm

I just got my packet with the flash drive and acceptance letter (after getting an acceptance email over a week ago). The email I received said I was being considered for a merit scholarship, but the letter I got in the mail (with the flash drive) said nothing at all about scholarship. Did others get a separate scholarship notification?

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:55 pm

musicfor18 wrote:I just got my packet with the flash drive and acceptance letter (after getting an acceptance email over a week ago). The email I received said I was being considered for a merit scholarship, but the letter I got in the mail (with the flash drive) said nothing at all about scholarship. Did others get a separate scholarship notification?

What did your status checker online say before you got your decision, do you remember?

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:02 pm

musicfor18 wrote:I just got my packet with the flash drive and acceptance letter (after getting an acceptance email over a week ago). The email I received said I was being considered for a merit scholarship, but the letter I got in the mail (with the flash drive) said nothing at all about scholarship. Did others get a separate scholarship notification?

What did your status checker online say before you got your decision, do you remember?

It actually didn't say anything special. It said "Application Complete:2/23/10" and in fact it still says that now!

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 pm

musicfor18 wrote:

It actually didn't say anything special. It said "Application Complete:2/23/10" and in fact it still says that now!

AHH you're killing me smalls. I thought all this time that my status checker saying 3/10/2010 meant something, maybe I'd get a decision soon. I'm just going to ignore it now. Thanks for at least relieving me of that stupid thing.

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 pm

I was accepted on feb. 23'rd and have yet to receive anything in the mail. Is this weird? Should I be calling and harassing them? I want my gd packet so I can put it on the fridge or something

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Can anyone chime in on whether they got scholarship notification with their thumb drive package or separately? Thanks!

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 pm

mazzini wrote:I was accepted on feb. 23'rd and have yet to receive anything in the mail. Is this weird? Should I be calling and harassing them? I want my gd packet so I can put it on the fridge or something

I got the acceptance email on 2/23 also, and just got a package from them in the mail today. It contained an acceptance letter plus a 1GB thumb drive. No scholarship mention of any kind, though. Your package should be on the way!

bryntax

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:12 pm

musicfor18 wrote:Can anyone chime in on whether they got scholarship notification with their thumb drive package or separately? Thanks!

umm its pretty common for that to come seperately, from what i hear.

greedy bastards, enjoy your acceptance for a half a second! :|

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:22 pm

bryntax wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:Can anyone chime in on whether they got scholarship notification with their thumb drive package or separately? Thanks!

umm its pretty common for that to come seperately, from what i hear.

greedy bastards, enjoy your acceptance for a half a second! :|

+1 LOL!
And lets not even discuss the newbies who keep crying about 3/10 updates and what it may mean LOL. Join the club, it's a long wait. We will hear sometime before we graduate.

Dear Snoopy, 4/12/2011
As you may have expected, you have been rejected for the Class of 2013. We welcome you to reapply for the following year.
Sincerely,
Washington "Late-as-Hell" St. Louis

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Sigh... I'd consider it an improvement if the school just sent me an email saying "dear applicant, you can get deez nutz." At least then I'd have some sort of closure.

But I'd like to get into the school for the free flash drive.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”