For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Unknownsou wrote:I called and got the machine. Lunchtime in St. Louis :(

I'll try again in a bit. But I'd be kinda surprised if they just decided to hold off on any decisions until the end of the month. Because that'd be... well, a long time.

it makes perfect sense from the perspective of WUSTL though. they need to wait now to see how many people will actually attend and not withdraw. after that they'll get a clear picture on how many they need to accept more. a school over-filling a class can cost them millions.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:11 pm

finalaspects wrote:

I'll try again in a bit. But I'd be kinda surprised if they just decided to hold off on any decisions until the end of the month. Because that'd be... well, a long time.

it makes perfect sense from the perspective of WUSTL though. they need to wait now to see how many people will actually attend and not withdraw. after that they'll get a clear picture on how many they need to accept more. a school over-filling a class can cost them millions.

I don't think I'm attending but I'm holding my spot and scholarship until I can be sure. it's a pretty nice offer. But I do think the school has a good enough idea of their cycle to not have to hold off until people start withdrawing.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:13 pm

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I don't think I'm attending but I'm holding my spot and scholarship until I can be sure. it's a pretty nice offer. But I do think the school has a good enough idea of their cycle to not have to hold off until people start withdrawing.

well its just an assumption, but you are exactly the person they are waiting on. don't know if you'll attend or not, and there may be thousands of people like you holding onto the seat but will most likely not attend. you'll have to choose before the deposit so that might be holding them back.

its ironic though that you say they should have a pretty good idea on their cycle, when you are part of the reason that they are not sure.
Last edited by finalaspects on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:14 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

well its just an assumption, but you are exactly the person they are waiting on. don't know if you'll attend or not, and there may be thousands of people like you holding onto the seat but will most likely not attend. you'll have to choose before the deposit so that might be holding them back.

but they've been doing this for years. they have a statistician telling them what percent of students are likely to attend and to not... I think they're probably just still debating.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 pm

sibley wrote:but they've been doing this for years. they have a statistician telling them what percent of students are likely to attend and to not... I think they're probably just still debating.

yes i'm sure they do. but they can be wrong, and there has been a few cases where schools over-filled their class. this year would be even more up in the air, as more applicants are applying + the number of applications per applicant has increased tremendously making them even more unsure.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:17 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:but they've been doing this for years. they have a statistician telling them what percent of students are likely to attend and to not... I think they're probably just still debating.

yes i'm sure they do. but they can be wrong, and there has been a few cases where schools over-filled their class. this year would be even more up in the air, as more applicants are applying + the number of applications per applicant has increased tremendously making them even more unsure.

true. but I still think you'll find out before seat deposits are due.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:19 pm

This year poses an additional problem, though, because of the increase in applications, which seems to be disproportionate to the increase in applicants. Withdrawl rates are likely to be higher this year.

I'm just glad Cornell wasn't one of my realistic target schools. They really seem to be having issues this year. I applied there, but I'm not giving myself much of a chance to get in, so I could care less how long their decision takes.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:52 pm

WUSTL: Way to fake us out on Tuesday. We all had a good laugh. But it's Thursday now, and it's time for some acceptances. You know it, I know it, and the American people know it.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:WUSTL: Way to fake us out on Tuesday. We all had a good laugh. But it's Thursday now, and it's time for some acceptances. You know it, I know it, and the American people know it.

WUSTL is robbing my grandchildren by delaying these decisions.

njc08

Postby njc08 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:03 pm

so is the result gonna come out this afternoon?
My app went complete 3/10...but I dunno if I have a good number...164/3.6....
hope I will hear good news today... :)

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Hrrmmmm... well I called the admissions office and asked when they expect to have the next batch of decisions, and the lady said they expect to finalize decisions around the end of March... soooo.... fuck.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Hrrmmmm... well I called the admissions office and asked when they expect to have the next batch of decisions, and the lady said they expect to finalize decisions around the end of March... soooo.... fuck.

Exactly what she would say to throw us off the scent.

*bangs head against wall*

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Hrrmmmm... well I called the admissions office and asked when they expect to have the next batch of decisions, and the lady said they expect to finalize decisions around the end of March... soooo.... fuck.

watch even that gets delayed to early april. see you guys in 3 weeks.

itsmytime10

Postby itsmytime10 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:27 pm

i also called and the next batch of decisions will be coming out shortly.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:28 pm

itsmytime10 wrote:i also called and the next batch of decisions will be coming out shortly.

define shortly

itsmytime10

Postby itsmytime10 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:28 pm

finalaspects wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:i also called and the next batch of decisions will be coming out shortly.

define shortly

today

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:29 pm

itsmytime10 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

define shortly

today

This outcome is decidedly different.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Unknownsou wrote:
itsmytime10 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

define shortly

today

This outcome is decidedly different.

they are messing with us....

guys GL everyone even if its not me who gets accepted. i wish you guys all the best. i would like to just see any movement.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Anybody get an email with a decision yet today?!?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:Anybody get an email with a decision yet today?!?

usually happens around 3pst/6est. + or - 15 minutes or so. its too early.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:33 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:Anybody get an email with a decision yet today?!?

usually happens around 3pst/6est. + or - 15 minutes or so. its too early.

can't come soon enough for me

prelaw10

Postby prelaw10 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:43 pm

I don't understand why they're waiting to send out ANY rejections -- it's just mean. There must be auto-rejects who applied months ago who are going mad.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:55 pm

CMON WUSTL. ONLY A FEW MINUTES LEFT.

foosh

Postby foosh » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:59 pm

I doubt anything is going to come today. General speculation is that they filled up their class and are stalling to see how many spots fill up. Might not be till late March/early April before we hear the rest of the decisions.

darklighter13

Postby darklighter13 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 pm

foosh wrote:General speculation is that they filled up their class and are stalling to see how many spots fill up.

General speculation where?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”