For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Andrew the Wolverine

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:18 pm

sibley wrote:don't worry, be happy. I have no idea what the heck is taking them so long for you... but try =/

How can I be happy? I have no life except for waiting for these stupid schools to make a decision. It's wearing me down, I can't take it anymore. This sucks.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:I just called the admissions office. They said they are expecting to send out decisions by late March/early April. What happened to releasing decisions today?!?! IDIOTS.

Wtf do they mean expecting. SEAT DEPOSITS ARE DUE SOON GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! :D

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:I just called the admissions office. They said they are expecting to send out decisions by late March/early April. What happened to releasing decisions today?!?! IDIOTS.

Wtf do they mean expecting. SEAT DEPOSITS ARE DUE SOON GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! :D[/quote]

That's what the woman told me. Maybe she doesn't know anything, but she sounded pretty sure.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:23 pm

wow that really sucks....

jumpropeck

Postby jumpropeck » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
sibley wrote:don't worry, be happy. I have no idea what the heck is taking them so long for you... but try =/

How can I be happy? I have no life except for waiting for these stupid schools to make a decision. It's wearing me down, I can't take it anymore. This sucks.

Stay strong kid. We're nearing the end.

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Wow... expecting in late march... Wasn't their admissions deadline April1st? Did it change or does that mean rejections? (I am still optimistic, just a question lol)

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:Wow... expecting in late march... Wasn't their admissions deadline April1st? Did it change or does that mean rejections? (I am still optimistic, just a question lol)

doesn't necessarily mean rejections, but they are waiting it seems to see how many people withdraw and throw down deposits before seeing if they need more candidates. over filling a class is very costly.

their deadline is actually March 15th to make decisions but we know they will be delayed for sure. not sure when the deposit is due but if you're accepted after that that deposit date is not applicable to you.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:Wow... expecting in late march... Wasn't their admissions deadline April1st? Did it change or does that mean rejections? (I am still optimistic, just a question lol)

I think they, like all schools, can reserve the option to change any deadline they had ever set. The numbers of apps are up everywhere, so maybe they are just behind their projections. They can't possibly wait until April 1st, that has to be too late. Maybe I'm wrong. Probably.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:30 pm

I think they, like all schools, can reserve the option to change any deadline they had ever set. The numbers of apps are up everywhere, so maybe they are just behind their projections. They can't possibly wait until April 1st, that has to be too late. Maybe I'm wrong. Probably.

if they reserve the option to change the deadline whenever they want, they can keep everyone waiting 1 day before classes actually start. hell even a week after classes start.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:35 pm

I work in the hiring section of the HR department of a large company that has had a hiring freeze for over a year now. The only positions we hire for now are ones where someone quits. I keep myself plenty busy outside of work, but my work day often goes by very slowly and I have not much else to do other than obsess over getting the hell out of here and going to law schools. I've really only had a few hours worth of work to do this week -- otherwise I am totally bored. And it has been this way for over a year.

So I feel your pain.

Just try to relax though. You've gotten a high enough LSAT score to get in somewhere in the T1, and whether you go to one school or the other isn't going to make a ton of difference. Either way, you're going to want to finish in the top 25-50% of your class. The world won't end if you end up going to one where you have to finish in the top 25%. And no matter where you go, you'll be surrounded by bright college students and beautiful, young, liberal women (or men, for that matter). You won't have to dress up, iron your clothes, shave every day all to come to work in a cubicle with stupid, passive-aggressive people all around you gossiping about the pettiest of bullshit. You won't have a disorganized manager with her head up her ass that overdoses herself with caffiene every morning and starts giving you ridiculous, redundant, and/or contradictory assignments just for the sake of keeping you busy. You won't have to work with grumpy old men that are angry that they have to work with a young person half their age that is much smarter than they are.

Just relax. Despite all the studying you are going to do, you will get into law school somewhere and you will be happy. And by the time you graduate, the legal market will have adjusted to new economic realities, and things will be better.

jumpropeck

Postby jumpropeck » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:39 pm

JCougar wrote:

I work in the hiring section of the HR department of a large company that has had a hiring freeze for over a year now. The only positions we hire for now are ones where someone quits. I keep myself plenty busy outside of work, but my work day often goes by very slowly and I have not much else to do other than obsess over getting the hell out of here and going to law schools. I've really only had a few hours worth of work to do this week -- otherwise I am totally bored. And it has been this way for over a year.

So I feel your pain.

Just try to relax though. You've gotten a high enough LSAT score to get in somewhere in the T1, and whether you go to one school or the other isn't going to make a ton of difference. Either way, you're going to want to finish in the top 25-50% of your class. The world won't end if you end up going to one where you have to finish in the top 25%. And no matter where you go, you'll be surrounded by bright college students and beautiful, young, liberal women (or men, for that matter). You won't have to dress up, iron your clothes, shave every day all to come to work in a cubicle with stupid, passive-aggressive people all around you gossiping about the pettiest of bullshit. You won't have a disorganized manager with her head up her ass that overdoses herself with caffiene every morning and starts giving you ridiculous, redundant, and/or contradictory assignments just for the sake of keeping you busy. You won't have to work with grumpy old men that are angry that they have to work with a young person half their age that is much smarter than they are.

Just relax. Despite all the studying you are going to do, you will get into law school somewhere and you will be happy. And by the time you graduate, the legal market will have adjusted to new economic realities, and things will be better.

Preach! I'm co-signing on all of the above.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:41 pm

JCougar wrote:I work in the hiring section of the HR department of a large company that has had a hiring freeze for over a year now. The only positions we hire for now are ones where someone quits. I keep myself plenty busy outside of work, but my work day often goes by very slowly and I have not much else to do other than obsess over getting the hell out of here and going to law schools. I've really only had a few hours worth of work to do this week -- otherwise I am totally bored. And it has been this way for over a year.

So I feel your pain.

i'm voting this as the best post of the year. (PMed you)

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:41 pm

jumpropeck wrote:
JCougar wrote:

So I feel your pain.

Preach! I'm co-signing on all of the above.

=) see, there's hope for you yet!

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:56 pm

JCougar wrote:

So I feel your pain.

Ok ok ok, you got me to crack a smile and feel a LITTLE better...lol

msbeautifulbasham

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:59 pm

JCougar wrote:

So I feel your pain.

JCougar, I love you. This totally made my morning :)

keemos

Postby keemos » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:01 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
JCougar wrote:

So I feel your pain.

JCougar, I love you. This totally made my morning :)

+1

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:18 pm

finalaspects wrote:

if they reserve the option to change the deadline whenever they want, they can keep everyone waiting 1 day before classes actually start. hell even a week after classes start.

No, I meant April 1st for their deadline for first deposits...

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:No, I meant April 1st for their deadline for first deposits...

yea that doesn't matter. if you're waitlisted and they accept you, you'd already long missed the deadline. if they accept you after the deadline, there will be another deadline. they can accept you a day before classes start... deposit dates don't mean anything in the sense that they have to do it before that day.

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:21 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:No, I meant April 1st for their deadline for first deposits...

yea that doesn't matter. if you're waitlisted and they accept you, you'd already long missed the deadline. if they accept you after the deadline, there will be another deadline. they can accept you a day before classes start... deposit dates don't mean anything in the sense that they have to do it before that day.

Ooh ok got. whew...

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:23 pm

JCougar wrote:

So I feel your pain.

Thank you, I really needed that pick me up. It's been a fucking tough year.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Has anyone called recently? I'm tempted to check on the status on my app, 2/3er here

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Has anyone called recently? I'm tempted to check on the status on my app, 2/3er here

I called today. They said they were expecting to make decisions by late March/early April.

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Is that when they expect to have the next batch of accepts, or is that when they expect to be totally done?

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Is that when they expect to have the next batch of accepts, or is that when they expect to be totally done?

Good question. I got the impression that they are going to send a massive, final batch of decisions then. It didn't sound like a deadline by which the expect to be finished, but rather the date on which they will send everything out. I didn't push to find out, but you might call them yourself to clarify.

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I called and got the machine. Lunchtime in St. Louis :(

I'll try again in a bit. But I'd be kinda surprised if they just decided to hold off on any decisions until the end of the month. Because that'd be... well, a long time.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”