For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JayCole

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JayCole » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
STPaulTennis wrote:So, no updates for 3/9 people who have "Complete" date changes three times now? Just curious as to what is happening with this batch...

WUSTL defies our most reasoned guesswork. At this point, nobody can claim to know anything.

+a lot

jrobby6

Postby jrobby6 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:08 pm

JayCole wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
STPaulTennis wrote:So, no updates for 3/9 people who have "Complete" date changes three times now? Just curious as to what is happening with this batch...

WUSTL defies our most reasoned guesswork. At this point, nobody can claim to know anything.

+a lot

probably because they read these threads and just want to piss us off so that they don't look so predictable.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:43 pm

My status checker date thing changed to "3/10/2010" today. What does it all mean?!?! This is like the 4th time it's changed in the past month. Decisions tomorrow, perhaps?

Cale39

Postby Cale39 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:My status checker date thing changed to "3/10/2010" today. What does it all mean?!?! This is like the 4th time it's changed in the past month. Decisions tomorrow, perhaps?

I think the old rule was after the 3rd status update you get a decision. I'm 48+ hours since I got my third status update and nothing. I think all predictability is out the window for the new set of accepts (or dings)

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Cale39 wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:My status checker date thing changed to "3/10/2010" today. What does it all mean?!?! This is like the 4th time it's changed in the past month. Decisions tomorrow, perhaps?

I think the old rule was after the 3rd status update you get a decision. I'm 48+ hours since I got my third status update and nothing. I think all predictability is out the window for the new set of accepts (or dings)

Well if you're right then I think tomorrow should be it. I am a big splitter, and I know WUSTL likes big LSATS, I want my acceptance asap. This waiting is getting out of hand.

jmhallah

Postby jmhallah » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:16 pm

1/15 (app sent/app complete)
3/1 (app complete)
3/10 (app complete)

3.9/158 .. reach for me.

any theories floating about?

darklighter13

Postby darklighter13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Went complete for the first time 2/25, and just went complete 3/10. Crossing my fingers for good news tomorrow, although I can't help but worry about the fact that they HAVE rendered decisions already this cycle, but only acceptances.
Last edited by darklighter13 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 pm

jmhallah wrote:any theories floating about?

everything reasonable based on patterns have been thrown out the window. they have a target date at march 15th where anyone who applied by march 1st should have an answer. i am betting that it will get delayed. acceptances now seems like it can happen at any time, with april closely approaching, which is when they did mass rejections/waitlists last year.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:21 pm

finalaspects wrote:
jmhallah wrote:any theories floating about?

everything reasonable based on patterns have been thrown out the window. they have a target date at march 15th where anyone who applied by march 1st should have an answer. i am betting that it will get delayed. acceptances now seems like it can happen at any time, with april closely approaching, which is when they did mass rejections/waitlists last year.

from a couple days ago......

webbylu87 wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/index.asp?id=137

It's the "Target date" I have no idea if they're on track to hit it though.

good catch. didn't see it. also, just asked. they're expecting to run late on that deadline. it's looking like mid-late march.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Application Received: 2/28
Complete: 3/9
2nd Complete: 3/10

I think there's going to be some major movement pretty soon. Their deadline has passed, so now they know exactly how many people with certain numbers their pool contains, and can probably set a target for this year's medians/entering class statistics.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:31 pm

JCougar wrote:I think there's going to be some major movement pretty soon. Their deadline has passed, so now they know exactly how many people with certain numbers their pool contains, and can probably set a target for this year's medians/entering class statistics.

agreed but we don't know when that movement will happen. for all we know they already accepted more students then last year, and they're waiting to see how many people withdraw which can take a very long time.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:32 pm

JCougar wrote:Application Received: 2/26
Complete: 3/4

FTFM

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:38 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:I think there's going to be some major movement pretty soon. Their deadline has passed, so now they know exactly how many people with certain numbers their pool contains, and can probably set a target for this year's medians/entering class statistics.

agreed but we don't know when that movement will happen. for all we know they already accepted more students then last year, and they're waiting to see how many people withdraw which can take a very long time.

That's why they wait until after the seat deposit is due to do any rejections.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:39 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

FTFM

Did you do a February retake as well, or did you just decide at the last minute?

keemos

Postby keemos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:46 pm

My prediction is that those who have a 3/10 update will be accepted tomorrow

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 pm

keemos wrote:My prediction is that those who have a 3/10 update will be accepted tomorrow

Is that wishful thinking, or do you have a particular reason for predicting that? I hope to God you're right, but I have come to be rather cynical and pessimistic about this whole process.

keemos

Postby keemos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
keemos wrote:My prediction is that those who have a 3/10 update will be accepted tomorrow

Is that wishful thinking, or do you have a particular reason for predicting that? I hope to God you're right, but I have come to be rather cynical and pessimistic about this whole process.

Not wishful thinking. I only have two updates (the last being 3/1). I just noticed that some people with good numbers went complete 3/9 and 3/10 which suggests that they will be acceptances. The people that went complete along with me all have below median numbers

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:01 pm

keemos wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:

Not wishful thinking. I only have two updates (the last being 3/1). I just noticed that some people with good numbers went complete 3/9 and 3/10 which suggests that they will be acceptances. The people that went complete along with me all have below median numbers

What time of day should we expect decisions? It's through email, right?

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm

JCougar wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

FTFM

Did you do a February retake as well, or did you just decide at the last minute?

Last minute. :oops:

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:What time of day should we expect decisions? It's through email, right?
emails came out around 5:45pm ET.

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:45 pm

If my last update was 2/5 can I assume held/WL? Or does none of it matter?

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:22 pm

If I don't get an acceptance tomorrow like people seem to be predicting will happen for those whose status is 3/10/2010, I will forever give up trying to figure out what these schools are doing. I contend that they are manipulating all of us. Who's with me?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:If I don't get an acceptance tomorrow like people seem to be predicting will happen for those whose status is 3/10/2010, I will forever give up trying to figure out what these schools are doing. I contend that they are manipulating all of us. Who's with me?

1 person said that about tomorrow although im hoping for it as well but for everyone who is waiting. and he has no real evidence or patterns to go by that it will be tomorrow.

Unknownsou

Postby Unknownsou » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 pm

My app just went complete 3/10... if I do get accepted, I'll literally shit myself. Mostly because I'd really like to go here.

Edit: Oh, but here's a question. Is there anyone who's still not listed as complete 3/10? I'm concerned that they may have just updated everyone's status just to provoke a reaction from us. They're probably laughing at our folly right now.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Unknownsou wrote:My app just went complete 3/10... if I do get accepted, I'll literally shit myself. Mostly because I'd really like to go here.

Edit: Oh, but here's a question. Is there anyone who's still not listed as complete 3/10? I'm concerned that they may have just updated everyone's status just to provoke a reaction from us. They're probably laughing at our folly right now.

I'm still at app rec'd 3/3.

Admissions offices at times will have two or more readers to an application when the first reader cannot make an admit/reject/wl recommendation. So having said this, when you see an initial complete date and then a second complete date, I'm judging it's due to a 2nd or 3rd read on your application.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”