For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
iheartucla

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby iheartucla » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Just went from complete 1/25 to 3/9 OMG! What does it mean? Will I get a decsion today? I turned my app in, in late November!!! Like totally freaking out, this cycle has worn away any semblence of sanity

jhawk0110

Postby jhawk0110 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm starting to think that these 3rd completes for people who applied in Nov./Dec. (like myself) are in preparation for the mass waitlist/reject emails that will be sent in about 2 weeks.

Chelios

Postby Chelios » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:30 pm

jhawk0110 wrote:I'm starting to think that these 3rd completes for people who applied in Nov./Dec. (like myself) are in preparation for the mass waitlist/reject emails that will be sent in about 2 weeks.

Based on what, gut instinct? Do you trust your instincts? Did you trust your instincts on the LSAT? How did you do on the LSAT?

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Chelios wrote:
jhawk0110 wrote:I'm starting to think that these 3rd completes for people who applied in Nov./Dec. (like myself) are in preparation for the mass waitlist/reject emails that will be sent in about 2 weeks.

Based on what, gut instinct? Do you trust your instincts? Did you trust your instincts on the LSAT? How did you do on the LSAT?

ahhahahhahah. ur wrong jhawk.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Chelios wrote:

Unfortunetly I agree with Jhawk. I think most acceptances are over.

Based on gut instinct, but also backed up by the fact that there are already as many acceptances on LSN as there was all of last cycle. Slightly more applicants this cycle. I'm guessing a few more people slip in, and most of us are in the giant WL/reject next week.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:36 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
Chelios wrote:

Unfortunetly I agree with Jhawk. I think most acceptances are over.

Based on gut instinct, but also backed up by the fact that there are already as many acceptances on LSN as there was all of last cycle. Slightly more applicants this cycle. I'm guessing a few more people slip in, and most of us are in the giant WL/reject next week.

there are still people who applied in march however that it hasn't been even a month yet. they have to at least go through those.... not sure about people who applied last year though.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:38 pm

finalaspects wrote:
there are still people who applied in march however that it hasn't been even a month yet. they have to at least go through those.... not sure about people who applied last year though.

No doubt, and I bet some more get in this week. But there are only so many spots, and applying this late really fucks up your chances even if you've got good numbers. We will see, I'm just hypothesizing here. But, the fact that they already appear to have let as many people in as they did last year, combined with the fact that WUSTL said every who applied before March 1st will here by March 15th, makes me think they're practically done.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:39 pm

i'm going to agree with everyone else and put forth what i said a couple days ago. although i was called out for being too negative.

webbylu87 wrote:when i spoke to admissions (over a couple different occassions) it seemed to me that they do look at apps in waves. i was told lower numbers probably wouldn't be looked at until march. (by lower numbers, i'm anticipating that to mean below median.) it was my impression that by march they will have looked at and decided on most if not all applications that are not considered in that lower number group and have filled their class primarily with those applicants. whether or not most of those should have been notified of their admission yet is debatable but i would have guessed that if you were admitted with higher numbers you would probably know by now. again, just my speculation and there are always exceptions. it seems to me any new admissions now will be the lucky few with the lower numbers and a small number of those with higher numbers who have required extra review. [edit:] or have applied within the last month with stellar numbers.
Last edited by webbylu87 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:40 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

No doubt, and I bet some more get in this week. But there are only so many spots, and applying this late really fucks up your chances even if you've got good numbers. We will see, I'm just hypothesizing here. But, the fact that they already appear to have let as many people in as they did last year, combined with the fact that WUSTL said every who applied before March 1st will here by March 15th, makes me think they're practically done.

oh man they said by march 15th? damn... i think you have a major point then.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:41 pm

finalaspects wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

i totally missed the march 15th thing. where did that come from?

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

well then. apparently we will all be hearing within a week. who knew

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/index.asp?id=137

It's the "Target date" I have no idea if they're on track to hit it though.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:43 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

It's on the website. Have a lil' faith people...a lot of folks are withdrawing too.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:43 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

i found it on their website. its their "target" deadline for all applicants who applied by march 1st.

"March 15 Notification target date by which decisions are sent to candidates applying by March 1 (possible decisions are Admit, Deny, Waitlist)"

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Last year's LSN it seems like the acceptances stopped right at the beginning of April. then it was almost all waitlists or rejections.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Full disclosure; I'm a pretty pessimistic person who always looks for the bad signs. Hopefully I'm wrong!

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:46 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/index.asp?id=137

It's the "Target date" I have no idea if they're on track to hit it though.

good catch. didn't see it. also, just asked. they're expecting to run late on that deadline. it's looking like mid-late march.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:47 pm

finalaspects wrote:Last year's LSN it seems like the acceptances stopped right at the beginning of April. then it was almost all waitlists or rejections.

I think that's what will happen this year. I think there will be a lot of WL notices and as spots free up after the 1st deposit deadline, a good # of WL ppl will ultimately get in. I wouldn't worry. When is the first deposit due anyway?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:48 pm

wizoz wrote:
finalaspects wrote:Last year's LSN it seems like the acceptances stopped right at the beginning of April. then it was almost all waitlists or rejections.

I think that's what will happen this year. I think there will be a lot of WL notices and as spots free up after the 1st deposit deadline, a good # of WL ppl will ultimately get in. I wouldn't worry. When is the first deposit due anyway?

yea someone pointed out that they have not rejected any 167 or higher LSAT for the last few years. some were waitlisted and a lot of them get in usually.

sotomayor

Postby sotomayor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:50 pm

wizoz wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

It's on the website. Have a lil' faith people...a lot of folks are withdrawing too.

I think this is the appropriate approach everyone should take. People need to remember that just because there are tons of admitted people does not mean that these admittees will be accepting the offer. Some people will be dissatisfied with the financial aid package. Others will be blessed with the opportunity to go to a higher ranked school. WUSTL has the reputation of being an LSAT slut. As such, because she is so easy, in these volatile times many more high LSAT people would have applied and successfully penetrated WUSTL Law. And since when have we taken LSN as a representative sample of the entire applicant pool? Wake up everyone sun has not set yet.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 pm

finalaspects wrote:
wizoz wrote:

yea someone pointed out that they have not rejected any 167 or higher LSAT for the last few years. some were waitlisted and a lot of them get in usually.

That someone was me. That doesn't mean the same will happen this year. but I want to wishfully think. Some 167+ applicants were waitlisted previously if they applied late, but the ones that weren't accepted withdrew and went somewhere else. The ones that hung on were eventually accepted and offered scholarships.
Last edited by JCougar on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:53 pm

I don't disagree with your assessment. However, what about those with only two complete updates who applied back in November? I guess they decided to reject/waitlist me on the second update and didn't bother getting to the third. I knew chances were slim to none since WUSTL reportedly had 19% more applications this year compared to last, a big increase.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:55 pm

JCougar wrote:That someone was me. That doesn't mean the same will happen this year. but I want to wishfully think. Some 167+ applicants were waitlisted previously if they applied late, but the ones that weren't accepted withdrew and went somewhere else. The ones that hung on were eventually accepted and offered scholarships.

that's good news. i applied early feburary... im a splitter so hopefully i'll get accepted.

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:56 pm

I imagine LSN is fairly representative. It doesn't seem like a free, popular, online system that is easy to use, such as LSN, would target specific populations more than others. I agree that there is a possibility it is skewed, but if I had to bet I'd put my money on that its fairly representative.

clwilson6: I think most of the 2/3ers only have 2 updates, and 2/3ers have what were auto-admit numbers last year.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:57 pm

The other thing to think about is that, although applications are up this year, the last statistics I saw were that the total number of applicants wasn't all that much higher. A lot of people are simply applying to more schools to cast a wider net. But this means there will be more withdrawls this year as well, so just because applications are up doesn't mean your chances are that much worse.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”