For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MissLucky

Silver

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by MissLucky » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Cale39 wrote:any 2/5 (2nd complete) stragglers around?
+1 but for 2/4s (2nd complete)

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Anyone here seriously considering the TLP program at WUSTL?

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:14 pm

jman77 wrote:Anyone here seriously considering the TLP program at WUSTL?
Just got the email. Since it results in spending only 5 semesters at WUSTL, your scholarship will be cut by 1/5 and you will only get 5/6th the total amount.

I may still consider it.

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Just got the email. Since it results in spending only 5 semesters at WUSTL, your scholarship will be cut by 1/5 and you will only get 5/6th the total amount.

I may still consider it.
I hear you... 20% would be pretty substantial for me (and you as well, from your profile). However, the prospect of getting an LLM from Utrecht in addition to the JD from WUSTL, and the whole host of opportunities that opens up, is very, very intriguing. I am looking to specialize in healthcare and M&A (corporate), so the international/comparative law angle of the program is very enticing to me. M&A's nowadays typically transcend national borders...

prolyphek

New

Post by prolyphek » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:25 pm

It was one of the biggest factors in my applying to WUSL
jman77 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:

I may still consider it.
I hear you... 20% would be pretty substantial for me (and you as well, from your profile). However, the prospect of getting an LLM from Utrecht in addition to the JD from WUSTL, and the whole host of opportunities that opens up, is very, very intriguing. I am looking to specialize in healthcare and M&A (corporate), so the international/comparative law angle of the program is very enticing to me. M&A's nowadays typically transcend national borders...
I am definitely trying to do it, I know that I will miss out on part of my scholarship if I do, but I really want to do it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:29 pm

prolyphek wrote:It was one of the biggest factors in my applying to WUSL
jman77 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:

I may still consider it.
I am definitely trying to do it, I know that I will miss out on part of my scholarship if I do, but I really want to do it.
If I do decide to attend WUSTL, I will most likely apply to the TLP as well.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:35 pm

prolyphek wrote:It was one of the biggest factors in my applying to WUSL
jman77 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:

I may still consider it.
This was definitely a huge draw to WUSTL for me. I will apply, still not sure if Ill go to WUSTL or not. Ill prob wait to hear back from TLP before 2nd deposit, if possible.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:46 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Looks like last week was a bust.

Having said that, for this week I would like to summon the strength of an Al Macinnis slap shot to provide us with acceptances on Tuesday or Thursday.

Good luck !

--ImageRemoved--
I see you and raise you an Al Iafrate.

I am only going with prolific St. Louis Blues players. Al Iafrate never dawned the blue yellow and red.....

Chris Pronger or Brett Hull would also be credited

mdgold

New

Post by mdgold » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:48 pm

What do people think about asking for more scholarship money? Does WashU negotiate?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm

mdgold wrote:What do people think about asking for more scholarship money? Does WashU negotiate?
Several people have sent back emails with other offers, etc (including me). To my knowledge no one has heard back, and there isn't significant ecidence they negotiate, but it can't possibly hurt to ask. I think you need a scholarship/acceptance to a peer institution or better to really have a chance.

prolyphek

New

Post by prolyphek » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 pm

jks289 wrote:
mdgold wrote:What do people think about asking for more scholarship money? Does WashU negotiate?
Several people have sent back emails with other offers, etc (including me). To my knowledge no one has heard back, and there isn't significant evidence they negotiate, but it can't possibly hurt to ask. I think you need a scholarship/acceptance to a peer institution or better to really have a chance.
I would agree, im sure if there is an offer from a higher ranked or similar ranked school thy might give it consideration.

To what extent I don't know though.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:04 pm

i think someone said that UIUC doesnt do it for them.

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Just withdrew and (hopefully) freed up $60k! Good luck to those still waiting :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:48 pm

jman77 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:

I may still consider it.
The TLP is why WUSTL is my top choice; but I need to be accepted first. Not likely, but a girl can wish....

I am finishing my MA in Bioethics right now, so I really want to specialize in health and international law. I think there is a definite future there.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Just withdrew, freeing up $30,000. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:09 pm

jks289 wrote:
Several people have sent back emails with other offers, etc (including me). To my knowledge no one has heard back, and there isn't significant ecidence they negotiate, but it can't possibly hurt to ask. I think you need a scholarship/acceptance to a peer institution or better to really have a chance.
I sent one as well and haven't heard back either.

Cale39

New

Post by Cale39 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:53 pm

!!!!!!!!!

Guys I just checked my status checker and saw that I just went complete for the third time, 3/8

How long until I get my email? I thought it was right away? Still haven't heard back yet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Cale39 wrote:!!!!!!!!!

Guys I just checked my status checker and saw that I just went complete for the third time, 3/8

How long until I get my email? I thought it was right away? Still haven't heard back yet.
when was your other complete dates? glad they're doing updates today though.

Cale39

New

Post by Cale39 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:55 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Cale39 wrote:!!!!!!!!!

when was your other complete dates? glad they're doing updates today though.
[not sure of first date sometime early/mid Jan], 2/5, 3/8

hotpants

New

Post by hotpants » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:59 pm

For people applying to the TLP: what are you looking to do with it?

mazzini

Bronze

Post by mazzini » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:06 pm

^^ Inquiring minds wish to know!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:23 pm

so there's 2 acceptances on the 26th according to LSN. if that's true, the 2 weeks actually occurs on the 12th.... uh oh...

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:29 pm

finalaspects wrote:so there's 2 acceptances on the 26th according to LSN. if that's true, the 2 weeks actually occurs on the 12th.... uh oh...
But don't accepted ppl find out about scholarships later? I think the two on the 26th just updated, because they both show scholarships...

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:so there's 2 acceptances on the 26th according to LSN. if that's true, the 2 weeks actually occurs on the 12th.... uh oh...
But don't accepted ppl find out about scholarships later? I think the two on the 26th just updated, because they both show scholarships...
that might be. but why would they change their decision dates? i don't think they're linked, although someone changed it today, but i think he just withdrew. question is why did all 3 of them change their decision dates?

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:31 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:
that might be. but why would they change their decision dates? i don't think they're linked, although someone changed it to day, but i think he just withdrew. question is why did all 3 of them change their decision dates?
Sometimes LSN automatically changes your date when you update. I hate when it does that!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”