For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
acstas87

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby acstas87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:41 pm

I just went complete for the second time 3/5, first since 1/7.
165, 3.6.

pearl_earrings

Postby pearl_earrings » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:
sotomayor wrote:wrong. urm 168. 2/3 batch. the 2/3s are getting in. stop with the negativity, like for real. this site gets depressing sometimes.

1+ say it again say it again!! The negativity is unreal... And just for clarification, the 2/3ers that got in were on their 3rd update. The rest that are waiting (to my knowledge) only have had 2 updates and are waiting for a 3rd...

Pretty sure I was on my third update, but I've never been sure exactly how we're counting those. Also applied early, with relatively strong (for WUSTL) splitter numbers. But +1 to the negativity comment. I like to think that they're taking so long to admit the 2/3ers because they have to put all our scholarship money into bundles and briefcases that they'll reveal to us Deal or No Deal style.

Sweet. I haven't watched a game show in a while... I feel like "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" is more my style.
Also a 2/3... I think it was my 2nd update.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Third Update on 2/5. Silence since.

chrisokc

Postby chrisokc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 pm

I went to Application Complete - 3/5/10.

This is the only movement since Complete - 12/1/09.

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:44 pm

chrisokc wrote:I went to Application Complete - 3/5/10.

+1. I have the same dates for both.

chrisokc

Postby chrisokc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
chrisokc wrote:I went to Application Complete - 3/5/10.

+1. I have the same dates for both.

There was a stretch last month when I kind of forgot I applied to WUSTL. I was looking at the status checkers on my favorites and was like, "oh yeah..."

lifeaway1985

Postby lifeaway1985 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:08 pm

What do these multiple "complete" updates mean????????????????

mbaino

Postby mbaino » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:12 pm

ADMITTED YESTERDAY IN PERSON! (Excuse me for yelling at you. I'm very excited.)

Stats: 3.05/166, URM, current Wustl undergrad, great softs, WUSTL was my top choice

I sent in at the end of January, complete at 2/3 and was never updated again so I felt extremely anxious.

Went on a tour (the class I was supposed to visit was canceled) and met with admissions, who admitted me while I was chitchatting about weather and clinics. Pleasant surprise!

Apparently they have way, way more applications that they're used to (just like everywhere pretty much) and they are way behind in reviewing.

Keep hope alive if you're still waiting! I've been so used to obsessively checking my Wustl status; I don't know what to do with myself now.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:40 pm

I see a lot of undue panic on here from people with 167+ on their LSAT. If you look at last year's cycle, WUSTL simply didn't reject people at or above this score. There's a few people who got waitlisted but then withdrew to go to other schools, but that's it. Same thing goes for two years ago.

Unless something about this year is very different, if you have a 167 or higher and you really want to go there enough to ride out a waitlist, you should have nothing to worry about.

taw856

Postby taw856 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:02 pm

JCougar wrote:if you have a 167 or higher and you really want to go there enough to ride out a waitlist, you should have nothing to worry about.

Money in February/March v. sticker or close to it off the waitlist seems like enough reason to worry to me.

Uninformed 0L like everyone else waiting though, so maybe there are a lot more June schollies than I realize... :?:

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:23 pm

taw856 wrote:
JCougar wrote:if you have a 167 or higher and you really want to go there enough to ride out a waitlist, you should have nothing to worry about.

Money in February/March v. sticker or close to it off the waitlist seems like enough reason to worry to me.

Uninformed 0L like everyone else waiting though, so maybe there are a lot more June schollies than I realize... :?:

Even people accepted well into the Summer there got what would have been expected as far as money goes.

It seems that they wait until the first seat deposit deadline to notify a bunch of people of decisions. They probably don't want to be stuck admitting too many people. I applied last Sunday because of my February retake (wouldn't have been competitive otherwise). I haven't yet gone complete, since my LORs are still in transit from LSAC. But I looked at some other people with my numbers that applied last year...they were WLed and then accepted, and they got the same scholarships everyone else was.

That's not to say this year won't be different. Who knows, with such a spike in applications.

motedust

Postby motedust » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:09 pm

JCougar we're in a similar situation, I applied after the February LSAT score came back so I just went complete yesterday. Buttttt I am a 3.02/168 (good addendum/trend). Hopefully I get in at all or before the April 15th deadline for most schools deposits. Would be amazinggg it's my #1 choice. Did anyone submit any optional essays? A Why WUSTL maybe or diversity statement?

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:09 pm

Looks like this week was a bust. See you guys on Tuesday.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:41 am

Looks like last week was a bust.

Having said that, for this week I would like to summon the strength of an Al Macinnis slap shot to provide us with acceptances on Tuesday or Thursday.

Good luck !

--ImageRemoved--

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:01 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:Looks like last week was a bust.

Having said that, for this week I would like to summon the strength of an Al Macinnis slap shot to provide us with acceptances on Tuesday or Thursday.

Good luck !

--ImageRemoved--

I see you and raise you an Al Iafrate.

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 am

mbaino wrote:ADMITTED YESTERDAY IN PERSON! (Excuse me for yelling at you. I'm very excited.)

Stats: 3.05/166, URM, current Wustl undergrad, great softs, WUSTL was my top choice

I sent in at the end of January, complete at 2/3 and was never updated again so I felt extremely anxious.

Went on a tour (the class I was supposed to visit was canceled) and met with admissions, who admitted me while I was chitchatting about weather and clinics. Pleasant surprise!

Apparently they have way, way more applications that they're used to (just like everywhere pretty much) and they are way behind in reviewing.

Keep hope alive if you're still waiting! I've been so used to obsessively checking my Wustl status; I don't know what to do with myself now.

Congrats! :)

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 am

omg you girls & guys...this week! decision pandemonium!!! (in a good way)

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:26 am

MissLucky wrote:omg you girls & guys...this week! decision pandemonium!!! (in a good way)

i hope so. all signs and patterns point to tomorrow being a big day. i will be here... waiting...

itsmytime10

Postby itsmytime10 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:31 am

utcris410 wrote:
mbaino wrote:ADMITTED YESTERDAY IN PERSON! (Excuse me for yelling at you. I'm very excited.)

Congrats! :)

does this mean 2/3 is an admit group???

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 am

I don't understand why people think us 2/3ers are getting decisions tomorrow. 2/3ers each only have 2 status updates (perhaps some have 3? but I believe at least a fair number only have 2 updates). Don't we need a third update before a decision comes in? Also, 2/3 was a Wednesday, so its not like all status updates happen on Tuesdays.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:37 am

whuts4lunch wrote:I don't understand why people think us 2/3ers are getting decisions tomorrow. 2/3ers each only have 2 status updates (perhaps some have 3? but I believe at least a fair number only have 2 updates). Don't we need a third update before a decision comes in? Also, 2/3 was a Wednesday, so its not like all status updates happen on Tuesdays.

the 3rd update for anyone with only 2 updates could potentially be coming tommorow. that's why.

sotomayor

Postby sotomayor » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:38 am

whuts4lunch wrote:I don't understand why people think us 2/3ers are getting decisions tomorrow. 2/3ers each only have 2 status updates (perhaps some have 3? but I believe at least a fair number only have 2 updates). Don't we need a third update before a decision comes in? Also, 2/3 was a Wednesday, so its not like all status updates happen on Tuesdays.

Well i'm not sure if this counts as 3 but---> originally complete first status as 12/24 (Christmas Eve, which I thought was weird), then updated to 1/26, then finally to 2/3.

Now, does that count as 3? We need to get this straight.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 am

well im not sure if the 3 update changes always hold true or not. some were accepted with less.

updates do not happen only on tuesdays. matter of fact complete updates can happen any day of the week.

what i am saying is that WUSTL has been making mass acceptances usually on tuesdays. and the longest time that wustl has gone without making a mass acceptance in the last 2 years (according to LSN) is 2 weeks. its 2 weeks tomorrow. so i deduced that tomorrow will be another day of mass acceptances.

buckmulligan58

Postby buckmulligan58 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:49 am

My first update was to 2/3. I then went to 2/12 which I am still sitting at. Any other 2/12'ers out there?

Here's to some movement this week.

Cale39

Postby Cale39 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:46 pm

any 2/5 (2nd complete) stragglers around?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”