For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crombot

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby crombot » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm

I went complete on 12/10....app received 11/19...now the waiting begins.

Does WUSTL have an "in review" update?

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:30 pm

How many LORs are you guys sending in? On LSAC's website it says 0 are required however I heard somewhere else that 2 are required...I only ask cause I feel one letter will be late getting in, so if my app would be complete with just 1 LOR that would be awesome and send the additional one in later....

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:35 pm

poprox wrote:
kpd-m wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
poprox wrote:So I just called the admissions office. The person who answered checked on my application, and said it is incomplete because they require 2 letters of recommendation, and I only submitted one. After getting off the phone, I went to lsac.org and checked....for Washington University in St Louis it clearly says "0 letters required, 2 recommended". I am dumbfounded. My application has already been complete for over a month with the one letter of recommendation, now they're saying I need two. I went ahead and assigned another letter of recommendation to them on lsac, then checked the WUSTL law website, which says "(at least) 2 letters" are required. hmmm.... I really don't recall them ever requiring more than one letter.

Always read the instructions, LSAC is sometimes inaccurate.

But it's weird that he was considered "complete" for a whole month. What if they didn't do status checkers this year, and he thought he was complete, even though yesterday they decided he wasn't?

I'm glad you found out about this and could fix it, poprox

Just realized even their own Status Checker says "0 required" for letters of recommendation. I know i'm not imagining that I've been receiving cues that they don't require any but recommend 1 or 2....

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:37 pm

missvik218 wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:Complete 12/14, submitted 11/25 and received 11/30.

Hopefully this means I'll get to be complete too!! Submitted 11/27, received 11/30.

Yeah, I want in on the "Complete" action. Not sure when I submitted, but was "Received" 11/30. WUSTL is definitely a school I'm anxious to hear back from, though I suspect it won't be for a while after we go complete...

Llewellyn

Postby Llewellyn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:39 pm

poprox wrote:
kpd-m wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:Always read the instructions, LSAC is sometimes inaccurate.

But it's weird that he was considered "complete" for a whole month. What if they didn't do status checkers this year, and he thought he was complete, even though yesterday they decided he wasn't?
I'm glad you found out about this and could fix it, poprox

Just realized even their own Status Checker says "0 required" for letters of recommendation. I know i'm not imagining that I've been receiving cues that they don't require any but recommend 1 or 2....

FYI like 2 years ago recommendations were optional...thus the likely source of confusion and contradictory information.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 pm

How are people hearing back from WUSTL?

Phone call? Email? Status checker update? Courier pigeon? Dispatcher on horseback?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 pm

romothesavior wrote:How are people hearing back from WUSTL?

Phone call? Email? Status checker update? Courier pigeon? Dispatcher on horseback?

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:28 am

Yay!! Complete as of yesterday.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:21 pm

Does it go from Complete to Under Review? Or just Complete to DR and then e-mail? Thanks! Been complete since 12/8/2009

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:57 pm

I don't think there is an under review...for WUSTL the complete date just changed to the date I received the e-mail on the same day. So yeah...your going to be waiting and then all of a suddent an e-mail headlined "Congratulations from Washington University Law."

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 pm

Anybody heard anything from WUSTL lately? Seems like the word has been pretty mum on TLS and LSN for the last week or so.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:01 pm

romothesavior wrote:Anybody heard anything from WUSTL lately? Seems like the word has been pretty mum on TLS and LSN for the last week or so.

Nothing...it's been really quiet...I'm just waiting for the scholarship offer in the mail...but those of us that have received e-mail's have not received a packet as of yet.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:04 pm

killuminati wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Anybody heard anything from WUSTL lately? Seems like the word has been pretty mum on TLS and LSN for the last week or so.

Nothing...it's been really quiet...I'm just waiting for the scholarship offer in the mail...but those of us that have received e-mail's have not received a packet as of yet.

Hmm... the lady I met with in admissions made it sound like she was going to be sure to get my file in one of the early batches and I would likely get a decision by Christmas. Maybe she tells that to everyone, I dunno. But a WUSTL acceptance would be a great Christmas present!

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:08 pm

i hope you get in romothesavior...God I hope your ID name is not referring to Tony Romo as the savior of Dallas Cowboys...that guy is downright awful even with all of the weapons around him.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:29 am

Am I going to get a packet at all from WUSTL...or is it just the e-mail notification and then scholly info. I'm assuming a packet is on the way...anyone get theirs yet?

Llewellyn

Postby Llewellyn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 am

wustl doesn't do packages...if they follow what they did last year you'll get a memkey with everything in it

t_flores08

Postby t_flores08 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 am

Do applicants get dinged via email? Or are dings reserved for snail mail? I think I asked before, but no luck. Not that I want to be pessimistic, but I would like to know if I need to brace myself for the worst.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:35 am

Llewellyn wrote:wustl doesn't do packages...if they follow what they did last year you'll get a memkey with everything in it

what's a memkey?

mxc

Postby mxc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 am

killuminati wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:wustl doesn't do packages...if they follow what they did last year you'll get a memkey with everything in it

what's a memkey?

I'm assuming he means a flash drive.

superflush

Postby superflush » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:39 am

mxc wrote:
killuminati wrote:

what's a memkey?

Oh, I thought he meant a login for their accepted students website, and then all the info would be there.

hm.

samwhip7

Postby samwhip7 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Anybody else's status date update today?

mxc

Postby mxc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:42 pm

superflush wrote:
mxc wrote:
killuminati wrote:

what's a memkey?

Oh, I thought he meant a login for their accepted students website, and then all the info would be there.

hm.

Could very well be possible. I have no idea what a memkey is, but the first thing that popped into my mind was a flash drive.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:51 pm

samwhip7 wrote:Anybody else's status date update today?

boo. no. when did you go complete?

Unadilla Kayaker

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Mine did. Others checkers have done the same with varying degree of interpretation by TLS members. I don't hold my breath until...well I don't hold my breath at all about decisions. They come when they come. I won't be able to decide anything until I visit schools and have more information about scholarships in February. Well, if I get into GW with the Presidential Scholarship ED then my decision is made. Fat chance of that though.

I'm figuring on the WL at WUSTL anyway, so I won't speculate on the date change's meaning.

samwhip7

Postby samwhip7 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:12 pm

MissLucky wrote:

boo. no. when did you go complete?

I went complete last month sometime. I really doubt it means anything but we'll see.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”